You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

question for BB players

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

ok what shells are you using on what type of ships , i am finding its just where you hit the other ship , doesn't really depend on the type of shell , i have 1 shot destroyers with AP , and 1 shot cruisers with HE .

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

at close range you might be able to aim for citadel , but at med to long range it all about just hitting the target 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

at close range you might be able to aim for citadel , but at med to long range it all about just hitting the target 

yes/no - you can walk your rounds into the general area of the citadel

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

RNG all the way

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

I started using HE on Cruisers, Carriers and Destroyers way back when i first got the Kongo, but since then ive never switched from AP. Even with the over penetration mechanics, i still do far more damage to everything with AP, even Destroyers at close range for some unanswerable reason. Its very weird.....

HOWEVER! 0.3.1 is supposed to change some things to do with the way the rounds work, so switching to HE on lighter armored vessels might be the better choice afterwards. Of course, firing HE at Carriers is always a good idea anyway. Deal some good damage, and sets them on fire, taking away their ability to launch aircraft again. Ill fire my first two or three salvos as HE, set on fire, they put it out, set on fire again, then switch to AP for citadel hits. works wonders.

Now if only plunging fire on the decks caused holes that also hampered the aircraft taking off and landing due to gears falling into said penetration holes......

Edited by Cyanide7662

Super Tester
2,725 posts

As Battleships, I use HE on Destroyers, Light Cruisers, & Carriers. I one salvo'd a 7/8 HP Cleveland Cruiser with my Kongou's 356mm HE shell, aiming for his forward gun magazine below the 3 gun turrets.

I use AP shell on Battleships & Heavy Cruisers. Either aim at the turrets or its magazine compartment.