Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marisp17

New Japanese Tier 9 Battleship Izumo Preview Video

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
149 posts

Hello again everyone, Still updating more information released from the NA Common Test Server, 

Now we are looking at a preview of the IJN Izumo a Kii or Number 13 class paper battleship, basically it looks like a Nelson class but armed with 9x 410 mm guns mounted in 3 triple turrets on the bow. Phlydaily's video also includes gameplay on how the Yamato performs against the new Montana class battleship. The cons of the Izumo is that it's third turret has to traverse more and when you are chased you do not have any additional main battery guns at the aft section except for the secondaries. 

Aww I wished Yamato was tier 9 and A-150 with it's 20 inch guns at tier 10. We might still have a chance to see some 20 inch guns on some later high tier battleships. 

Edited by Marisp17

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Again, any ship with too high displacement are ruled out of the game, this includes A-150 design ofcourse.

Beside, 460mm guns are big enough, 510mm ones don't fire fast enough or sufficient DPM to be of much use.

That aside, the stock Izumo looks kinda unpolished, I wonder what it's like with last hull upgrade.

(And Phly messed up spelling again, he overstressed the word :P )

Almost forgot, Iowa has like near 100 AA, I wonder how fun would it be for CV drivers, would they even attempt to attack those ships at all :sceptic:

Super Tester
149 posts

Again, any ship with too high displacement are ruled out of the game, this includes A-150 design ofcourse.

Beside, 460mm guns are big enough, 510mm ones don't fire fast enough or sufficient DPM to be of much use.

That aside, the stock Izumo looks kinda unpolished, I wonder what it's like with last hull upgrade.

(And Phly messed up spelling again, he overstressed the word :P )

Almost forgot, Iowa has like near 100 AA, I wonder how fun would it be for CV drivers, would they even attempt to attack those ships at all :sceptic:

The Developers limit the battleships to be 80,000 tons maximum so we still might see it, but H-44 is the ship that we will never get to see because it's over 100,000 tons and larger than even the USS Enterprise CVN, the largest warship ever!

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Her main turret layout looks weird, like the HMS Nelson with a bigger guns. She should have more guns ( secondary & aa ). Because look at the ship's space, looks too empty

Edited by Conkhead_12

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Now we are looking at a preview of the IJN Izumo a Kii or Number 13 class paper battleship, 

View PostConkhead_12, on 13 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Her main turret layout looks weird, like the HMS Nelson with a bigger guns. She should have more guns ( secondary & aa ). Because look at the ship's space, looks too empty

Sorry, but shes neither of those. the Kii and Number 13's were proposed well before "Izumo". The "Izumo" was the prototype ship of the Yamato, though its actually called the A140-J2 project. J2 being the reference to the general layout of the ship, or more specifically the main batteries, as she was based directly off of the designs of HMS Rodney and HMS Nelson, which is why they bare a striking resemblance.

Sign in to follow this