You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tekin82

Bring back original ARP ships.

9 comments in this topic

[WKY18]
4 posts
8,573 battles

Since new ARP ships are being added to the game IMHO it would also be a good idea and a community appreciation move on behalf of WarGaming to bring back the missions for the original ARP ships (eg: ARP Kongo, ARP Myoko etc..) this will not only allow new people and existing older players who missed the original missions for these ships to once again be able to obtain them but more importantly by actively giving a parallel to the new ARP ships with the older ARP content show to the community in this time of global and economic downturn that WarGaming wants everybody to have fun with these 'hilarious not at all serious in any way anime' ships.

Of course people will claim that there are existing free premiums in the game in the form of coal/FXP/steel ships but these are not really free as we pay for these ships with a time investment to acquire said ships, what I want to stress is other then Santa crates (which may not be a viable option for many people given current IRL circumstances thanks to the global downturn and covid) there is no other way that I know of to get these older ARP ships and people should have a chance to acquire and experience these hilarious neon bright derpy smoke effect ships.

Edited by Tekin82
Clarity.
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,883 battles

If the old ARP ships are being added back (The Kongo's and Myokou's), then whats the point for those players who has been with WG from back then? Some stuff are there just to be special.
There was already a rerun for players who has missed out on it. In total, there has been 2 runs. And I believe those players who has been with us since back then deserves this specialty rather than having it in the upcoming ARP collab.
There is nothing that is to be considered fun and/or hilarious with this ships, they are reskin of existing ships. Just rebranded as premiums now.
I mean I am sure loads of players wants to get their hands on free premiums, but some do really needs to be time exclusive where older players are rewarded with this special ships rather than constantly having it pop up for players who are new.

I am sure most players who has been with WG a long time would not really love it when they are constantly giving out ships just like that to new players and whats the point? You don't feel that special any more.

And by using your logic/idea/suggestion, can I ask WG to add back premiums like Belfast so new players and/or players who has missed out on it can purchace it to have fun themselves???

Edited by HoChunHao

[WKY18]
4 posts
8,573 battles

@HoChunHao The only super exclusive ships are Iwaki Alpha and the Arkansas Beta which can remain special for the early supporters of the game and remain an exclusive that they solely enjoy and as you have already mentioned it, the older ARP ships have had two reruns already so why not a third?? if it was meant to be a super exclusive one time only thing why then already have two reruns??

As to your point about Belfast, its just another premium ship based on a real world ship or the design of one unlike the ARP ships which are obviously not based on reality, so in effect we have in the game at the current time two distinct lines of ships, one being the much larger category of premiums and tech tree ships that are based on real world/design ships and the other being anime ships with unhinged captains who may just sink their own ships XD

Adding a few more premiums that are silly and hilarious in nature via a 3rd chance at acquiring said ships shouldn't make anyone feel special since we are in essence already spoiled for semi free premiums in the game (coal/FXP/steel/collections for Gallant, campaign for Shinonome).

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,511 posts
18,035 battles

I do agree for every event if there is a reward ship or a few they should remain exclusive this encourage and reward. 

[KNCOL]
210 posts
5,839 battles

1 hour ago, HoChunHao said:

I am sure most players who has been with WG a long time would not really love it when they are constantly giving out ships just like that to new players and whats the point? You don't feel that special any more.

This doesnt happen in WoWs only. In Kancolle, those fossil teitokus who have been playing since 2014/15 are also enraged at the fact that the devs are giving out those fossil equipments to the new players as ranking rewards which make them feel that they are not so speshul anymore. 

Edited by Pepega_MY

[WKY18]
4 posts
8,573 battles

@Mechfori

Yet the ability obtain said ships from Santa Crates somewhat invalidates your point rather what we then have keeping said ships to a single event from the past and having those same said ships be available in an end of year sale event is make a distinctive line between those who can whale their way into ownership of said ships and those who cannot, this is not a healthy thing for MMO/MMOlite games.

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

I tend to agree that ARP ship supposed to be exclusive to player who grinded their ass back then at 2016 but they initiated part 2  collaboration to make them premium and once again on Jan 2020 allowing people to grind the ship with lesser obstacles

Now Maya is going to be introduce into WOWs, I believe there a slight chance of them bringing back the old arp ship but probably sell them as premium ships as a bundle . I believe they are not going to be FREE if they intend to bring it back that is.

[SMOKE]
2,511 posts
18,035 battles
On 10/8/2020 at 2:59 PM, Tekin82 said:

@Mechfori

Yet the ability obtain said ships from Santa Crates somewhat invalidates your point rather what we then have keeping said ships to a single event from the past and having those same said ships be available in an end of year sale event is make a distinctive line between those who can whale their way into ownership of said ships and those who cannot, this is not a healthy thing for MMO/MMOlite games.

I do agree with you on this ... I really think the Santa Crates should offer only current  line of premium ships and might be thrown in a couple of specials like JB or Neutrashimy ( which are both not event reward ships ). The latter point had been pointed out by many others already and this is a WG induced issue who value none of player involvement , instead on any event these days. more and more players are now simply , right from start, decided not to play for the event / grind cause the whole point now is to induce you to pay for the ship instead of play for the ship.

I do however still think in principle, each and every event reward ships should remain exclusive to that event and that the event should made it so that participation ( with reasonable amount of it ) will reward ; if WG want to whale, they should made those ship available but with a totally different finish on the Camou. It can satisfy the whales and the general player population , those who play and participate to win the ship through effort can show it , and those just whale it can also had theirs. The exclusiveness of any reward ship ( which are EARN, instead of bought ) is a show of participation, effort, and acknowledgement .. by repeating them , WG devalue theirs. Its counter to any logic any gaming developer's / gamers' had. Insatead offer them ( if again ) in a different finish ( just like the black friday gang ) and in fact it will drive even old players to yet get involved. Say I had all 9 old ARP ship, but if they offer Takao again but say in a new finish to signal this is for this event  I might actually push myself to grind for it again ( even though all that differs is a different finish )

The best option always is to made each and every variant exclusive , the original event version, the 2nd iteration version, and then the whales ( bought ) version. All that is needed is a little work modelling the Camou, and all it need is some slight tweak to colours ...

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 2

[WKY18]
4 posts
8,573 battles

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and looking at it from different perspectives does make sense from that point of view, however my original suggestion is that as a form of equity for those who missed out on said ships for one reason or another should at least be able to acquire said ships since it makes sense that a) we are getting new ARP ships and b) they are not exclusives, you just need luck and money to get them from Santa Crates and thus by definition are not locked once upon a time exclusives. It doesn't even have to be the entire collection or be offered for free but a low tier ARP ship (say ARP Kongo) being offered for sale in parallel to the new ARP ships which are tier 8 and above will suffice the itch that many people have for these flamboyant anime ships who have equally flamboyant unhinged captains at the wheel. 

I suggest this as an additional parallel offer to the new ships since tier 8 and above ships are not cheap and the world right now is kinda of .... well topsy turvy right now so for those who have the financial resources for the new ARP ships sure go ahead but for those that don't rather then having War Gaming missing out on a sale they should offer one or two low tier ARP ships for sale at the equiv tier premium ship price or make them available via in game grind if they are feeling generous enough (the Vampire which I obtained many years ago for free via in game grind was recently for example made available during the summer sale so why not ARP ships (imagine an entire map full of ARP ships with anime captains freaking out left and right XD)).

Don't get me wrong I do understand where many of you are coming from, I also play the game and have a decent amount of premiums and I also play other MMOs (and have premium items in those games as well), I understand that it took significant grind to obtain ARP ships when they were first offered but remember they are inherently not exclusives one time only ships, and it doesn't have to be the entire collection, i'm suggesting a low tier in conjunction to the new high tier ARP ships be offered as well, again to get the previous ARP ships you only need money, time and luck to obtain them at Christmas. 

Finally the Belfast and being awash in premiums was also brought up and to this I say the Belfast is just another real world/design ship (yes I know its an OP ship however like all ships its only OP if used properly and competently) while the ARP ships are obviously make believe ships thus what I am saying in order to prevent a division in the game from those who have and those that do not is to at least make one of the low tier ARP ships be offered for sale in conjunction with the upcoming ships, remember divisions in such games as World of Warships is never a good thing, people only need to look at the Peurto Rico when it was first introduced to see how owners of said ships were treated in order to understand why distinct player base splitting/lines of division are a bad idea, as for somehow ARP ships being offered once again making the game being awash in premiums my answer is "are you joking?" you can get right now two soon three premium ships just for completing collections/campaigns (Shinonome, Gallant & Oklohoma) and not to mention all the coal/FXP/steel/RB ships, the game is already awash with premiums (a lot of new players for example go high tier by immediately purchasing a high tier ship and thinking it will win them games).