Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sagam

Do you think you should be penalised for internet issues?

25 comments in this topic

[OTAGO]
4 posts
8,670 battles

Recently my ISP has been disconnecting the internet for days causing me to be terminated from the game which is out of my control, I have now stopped playing while someone fixes the internet.

Do you think a penalty for this (abandoning a game) is fair and can it be manged better by the software developers?

For example if you log back in after a disconnection it is obvious you are not running away from the current game?

Yes i know this is a tricky problem as power failures can cause the same problem.

In discussions with the support team I was informed this is part of the software code and cannot be reversed.....

For now you get one grace disconnection but after that you are in trouble.

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,509 battles

Sorry to hear you are having internet problems. My internet is not great at all either. Speed is around a 1/4 of what I pay for and it disconnects a lot as well. Plus we don't have 4G reception here at all as yet, so I have no alternative.

Choosing to play an online game when you know for a fact you will constantly disconnect is in your control. If you are having so many problems you can elect to not play, until it gets better. You are after all also being a major burden on your team if you AFK/Disconnect at some point through a single battle, let alone knowingly doing it repeatedly. When my internet connection is bad for me I choose not to play as I am considerate enough to other players to not burden them like that.

Also why would you expect Wows support to be able to do anything, let alone even ask them to change the penalty system to suit you? As you say this is a issue with your ISP. It is not Wows fault after all that your internet is dropping out, but you want Wows to allow you to keep playing, with no penalty, when you know you will constantly disconnect? :Smile_amazed: Ok.

As to your question, yes I do feel that the penalty system is ok. Not perfect, but fine as is. The penalties are fairly minor anyway. At least with them in place it should in theory make people think about their actions and internet situation and how it impacts not only themselves but other players in the game.

Don't mean to state the obvious or to sound rude, but Wows being an online game caters to those with a working PC and a working internet connection. It cannot be expected to pander to those that don't have both of these.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles

let me be blunt

your teammates DGAF, if you rage quit, DCed or is simply AFK, all that matters to them and to WG, is that you were inactive in the game.

this is an online game catered to PVP and you've cost your team a member, If your net has issues then it's your fault for playing on a faulty net isn't it? just take the punishment like a sport and accept that you've been punished for a decision you made

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

Yeah crud internet sucks so hard, I know the feels.

But...

This is one of those 'It's on you' things.

It's a fairly common Asia problem, many countries in Asia don't have the stable internet of US or EU...

Living in Australia and still having it be an issue always blows my mind, we rank up near the top in the world for every other 'modern', 'urbanised' and 'wealthy' demographic and yet we are WAY down the list when it comes to internet. Sometimes I feel like we do it to be part of the Asian club, or because we like having something to whinge about.

• Funny 3

[MRI]
3,792 posts
16,857 battles

Sorry to hear about your internet problems, but to be fair, WG has no way of knowing if you dc'ed due to legitimate issues, or if you decided to ragequit after you took one look at your MM monitor.

My only advice is not to play online games if you have consistent internet/pc problems until they are sorted out. That was what I have done in the past.

9 hours ago, sagam said:

For example if you log back in after a disconnection it is obvious you are not running away from the current game?

Afaik if you reconnect and get back into the match before it has ended, you will not be penalised as long as you played for a sufficient amount. In all the times my game crashed, I don't recall ever getting penalised for going afk as long as I reloaded into the match fast enough.

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

The idea is that a penalty or two isn't really that much of a penalty. Can be solved easily by going a handful of games without incurring a penalty (This is also the downside when dealing with deliberate griefers who need to be punished). But if you keep dropping out, then yes, you should be booted back to co-op to save your team mates the frustration of dealing with a man down.

That said, if your net drops out without warning, when it was fine for the past 10 games. Then yeah, that can be frustration. But as above, once in a while is no big issue.

• Cool 1

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
243 posts
10,498 battles

It happened to me once. But I explained via the Ticket system with a photo evidence. They removed the penalty.

[NCOTS]
503 posts
12,665 battles
55 minutes ago, mr_bungle said:

Typical response from the REPOI noob. The arrogance of these guys is mind blowing.

Is this bait?

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,866 battles
48 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

Is this bait?

Bait of excellent quality it is.
image.png.83138b11bee980fdf77f1d2d62320c67.png

Lets be truthful here, yes, it is indeed unfortunate to get disconnected randomly (Father rebooted the main router) or at times, ya know crap happens and your net just cuts out.
But here is the thing, if you do notice it happening quite often, you can do yourself a favour by contacting your ISP and/or take a break from the game for the time being to see if the issue has resolved.
If you do decide to get into battle even knowing you are getting disconnects, it is pretty much on your at this point.

You are aware about the issue but still choose to do it anyways, as if "I know cutting myself with a knife would hurt but I'll do it anyways"

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 3

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles
1 hour ago, mr_bungle said:

Typical response from the REPOI noob. The arrogance of these guys is mind blowing.

Actually, I agree with him.

I have seen dozens of AFK team mates in the year and a half I have played this game, and almost every time we have lost a close game because the AFK DD (especially when it's a DD) did not torp the low HP BB or CA that was parked and farming very close to that still still undetected afk dd. And as a result we have lost the game. I have felt only anger and disdain for that player - even though I know that sometimes the game crashes and we can't get back in time to finish the battle.

When it happens to me, I am mortified and make every effort to get back, and when I do I apologise to my team mates.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
1 hour ago, mr_bungle said:

yes i am very arrogant, now go suck on a lemon. What i want you to tell me is, how exactly does I being a dick most of the time justify someone complaining about their actions (or rather, inaction through AFK) getting them pushed when it's still costing his team a player?

if personal attacks are the only kind of reply you can come up with i'd rather you not reply at all

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
3 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

Actually, I agree with him.

I have seen dozens of AFK team mates in the year and a half I have played this game, and almost every time we have lost a close game because the AFK DD (especially when it's a DD) did not torp the low HP BB or CA that was parked and farming very close to that still still undetected afk dd. And as a result we have lost the game. I have felt only anger and disdain for that player - even though I know that sometimes the game crashes and we can't get back in time to finish the battle.

When it happens to me, I am mortified and make every effort to get back, and when I do I apologise to my team mates.

dont get me wrong, being DCed or having technical issues is fine in my books, I've had spouts of bad nets and even turned pink through DC or game crashes and it always feels awful.

however, complaining about being punished for stuff like this when you are making a choice to play on bad net isnt.

• Cool 3

[TF44]
207 posts
1,944 battles
43 minutes ago, mr_bungle said:

Lol get a life bro.

You're the one being obnoxious.

• Cool 5

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
2 hours ago, mr_bungle said:

Lol get a life bro.

lol, if you took the time to get on the forums for the 1st time just to try and shit-talk me who's the one with no life? 

i almost feel bad for you

almost

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.269f94e1deeb07c201c6d1d4fa72c735.png

also, "be respectful to other clan members and other players" 

that didn't last for long lol

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
145 posts
15,163 battles
On 10/7/2020 at 10:59 AM, Drakon233 said:

just take the punishment like a sport and accept that you've been punished for a decision you made 

Hmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmm

No I don't think I'll say anything 🙂

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
38 minutes ago, mr_bungle said:

Haha dude your are hilarious,  been reading your posts for a while now and just because you're a good player doesn't mean you're a good person. All your little pawns have come to your defence and seem to lap up you being a prick to people. How bout if you don't have something positive to say do the world a favour and shut up. I feel sorry for you hanging around these forums all day big noting yourself and slagging people off especially new players.

pfft,now i never claimed i was a good person now did I?

384871333705678868.png?v=1

i act like a dick most of the time cuzI tell things as it is the way I see it without regard for anyone's feelings,  to hell with "positivity". if you are the kind of person who get's tilted by that, then great! I've accomplished my evil nefarious goal of triggering a prick a day.

now if you don't want to get triggered by me smacking people around then you could try... just not read the forums? since literally all 3 posts that you've made were about attacking my character obviously you have nothing of value to contribute here. Buh-bye 

Edited by Drakon233

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,866 battles
56 minutes ago, mr_bungle said:

Haha dude your are hilarious,  been reading your posts for a while now and just because you're a good player doesn't mean you're a good person. All your little pawns have come to your defence and seem to lap up you being a prick to people. How bout if you don't have something positive to say do the world a favour and shut up. I feel sorry for you hanging around these forums all day big noting yourself and slagging people off especially new players.

Sorry mate, I would rather keep the sugar to myself to add to my drinks rather than trying to sugarcoat my talk.

And let me be brief, none of us has any form or agreements and/or talk to suck up and stick to each others arse. He does him, I do me, and that's how I roll.
How bout if you don't have something positive to say do the world a favour and shut up. And does your first reply have anything relevant to the topic at hand? I guess not? Other than trying to start a ruckus in here in which you have done so and derailing the thread from it's intended purpose. Said player made a thread about his issue, each of us have our own way in replying. Though it is unfortunate for OPs sake, atleast we in here so far for those who stayed on topic has already given our input to OP, but you on the other hand thought that staying on topic isn't a good idea so you chose to stir shit up.

I feel sorry for you hanging around these forums all day big noting yourself and slagging people off especially new players. I am somewhat also sorry for you to see you reply only to create a mess/ruckus and to derail this thread.

• Cool 1

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Another day in the forum trying to attack someone with longest battle.

[-FUN-]
524 posts
8,421 battles
On 10/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, sagam said:

For now you get one grace disconnection but after that you are in trouble.

really..? last time I got d/c I didnt get any penalties.. (I did quickly re-log and continue the battle though)

Sign in to follow this