Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fishbed70

Is this a detonation?

12 comments in this topic

[JPX]
34 posts
4,195 battles

Am playing a random game earlier on, my IJN Myoko was hit broadside by an enemy BB and I am immediately 38K down.

Follow up by another AP rounds from another enemy BB and I was deleted, of course.

I understand citadel hits from BBs can delete alot of HP from wrongly faced cruisers, but it is my first time having faced with a single hit that deleted 38K health from my IJN CA. So I wonder is this the detonation that this game's mechanics implemented?

5,671 posts
9,487 battles

According to your achievement page, you did get a Detonation somewhere, sometimes.

However, if you survived the 38k salvo just to take another hit, you didn't get detonated. Detonation kills you immediately. You cannot survive a Detonation.

• Cool 4

[JPX]
34 posts
4,195 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

However, if you survived the 38k salvo just to take another hit, you didn't get detonated. Detonation kills you immediately. You cannot survive a Detonation.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Can't exactly remember when I got a detonation last time. Must be when I was still very inexperienced, and not even know WTH had happened 😅

1,587 posts
7,933 battles
1 minute ago, fishbed70 said:

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Can't exactly remember when I got a detonation last time. Must be when I was still very inexperienced, and not even know WTH had happened 😅

Also a ship cannot be detonated with more than 75% of her HP pool.

However it is possible for a ship to receive a salvo that first cause enough damage to reduce her HP below 75%, than, by other shells cause detonation by causing enough damage to her magazines.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,832 battles

That wasn't a detonation because you survived it - detonations are instant-kills.

If you got a detonation you would you get a very loud explosion and followed by an achievement for it (if playing Randoms). Also the battle log will indicate that you got killed by a detonation with a special explosion icon.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 2

[JPX]
34 posts
4,195 battles
18 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

That wasn't a detonation because you survived it - detonations are instant-kills.

If you got a detonation you would you get a very loud explosion and followed by an achievement for it (if playing Randoms). Also the battle log will indicate that you got killed by a detonation with a special explosion icon.

Yeah, I watched the replay again, a 38273 pts hit, and left 917 pts, and was deleted 3 secs later by another strike.

20201005_194914.thumb.jpg.cf0e31a0e1576b59adb81c5372837df0.jpg

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
1 hour ago, fishbed70 said:

Myoko was hit broadside by an enemy BB

There's you answer right there.

Myoko's a great ship, but she has a long and high citadel.

Very easy for BB's to citadel you and cause a lot of damage, or even kill you outright in a single salvo.

So, yeah, avoid showing broadside, to BB's especially.

Especially if you see me in a BB. I played Myoko a lot in my early days, so I know ALL her weaknesses.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 3

[-CAT-]
472 posts
10,517 battles
1 hour ago, fishbed70 said:

Yeah, I watched the replay again, a 38273 pts hit, and left 917 pts, and was deleted 3 secs later by another strike.

I've been through there, So I know how that feels. Never show your broadside when you got detected. Especially on cruiser, particularly on IJN cruiser.

This is a little bit hard on almost every IJN cruiser, especially when you had an urge to launch your torpedoes. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Sharr_Dextera
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,061 posts
3,738 battles

this is the reason why people should play CV

1. they dont get detonated

2. practically unkillable or last sheep standing

3. basically attack from anywhere without risk

5 hours ago, fishbed70 said:

Am playing a random game earlier on, my IJN Myoko was hit broadside by an enemy BB and I am immediately 38K down.

Follow up by another AP rounds from another enemy BB and I was deleted, of course.

I understand citadel hits from BBs can delete alot of HP from wrongly faced cruisers, but it is my first time having faced with a single hit that deleted 38K health from my IJN CA. So I wonder is this the detonation that this game's mechanics implemented?

Tech Tree CRUISER SUX and WEAK except Italian.....

if you want Cruiser, Get Coal, Steel or Free XP cruiser.... the tech tree ship is worthless

look Zao have 42K HP

Yoshino have 61K HP

do Zhao have 20km torpedo launcher????

do Zhao have 310mm gun?

not to mention some special T10 have HALVED COST!

what are you waiting for? T9 sheep premium IS INSALE FOR SHOP, GRAB THE CREDIT CARD kamerad

except dont buy Firesland

• Funny 1

[151ST]
3,537 posts
11,918 battles
7 hours ago, fishbed70 said:

That's also a Georgia, with 457mm guns, so each shell is going to pack a punch, a citadel from each shell causes almost 16,000 damage, so probably 2 x cita, 1 x pen and maybe even 1x overpen as well. (FYI)

Tier 7 can be a rough place with matchmaking the way it is (T9s more often than not are top tier, meaning T7s are more often than not bottom tier to make up numbers).

Even more so than in other sorts of matches, when you are bottom tier, play carefully.

A point to know that was mentioned but not explained...

When a kill happens there's a kill feed above the minimap, telling you who killed who and how (the last damage point will define the 'how').

A detonation there will be denoted by a little explosion logo, as opposed to torpedo, shell, bomb, rocket, fire or flooding logo.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this