You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marisp17

Japanese Carrier Tech Tree Preview Video

30 comments in this topic

Super Tester
149 posts

Hello everyone, Today I am again sharing new ships preview videos from Phlydaily who now gained access to an NA Test Server. 

I personally think that IJN Akagi and Shinano might become premium ships. The current Japanese tier 10 carrier was part of Japan's planned G18 Carrier fleet development project, a modified version of the Taiho. 

In confirmation, the new tier 4 Japanese premium ship is in fact a battleship. Update patch 3.1 might come out in the next 2 weeks and the game overall is nearing completion and we might should expect Open Beta and full release soon in the upcoming months.   

Edited by Marisp17

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Akagi and Shinano won't be prem (especially Shinano, she doesn't fit at tier8 even prem), they are on alternate CV line to come a while later after the game release. 

For god's sake, why do people tend to have that sort of premium expectation. 

Also, I keep chuckling at how Phly fails to pronounce Japanese name, I find it much easier to pronounce Jpn name than English :hiding:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

WG still insist on paper projects rather than actual vessels that sailed. (*cough* Hakuryu over Shinano *cough*)

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Akagi and Shinano won't be prem (especially Shinano, she doesn't fit at tier8 even prem), they are on alternate CV line to come a while later after the game release. 

For god's sake, why do people tend to have that sort of expectation. 

Also, I keep chuckling at how Phly fails to pronounce Japanese name, I find it much easier to pronounce Jpn name than English :hiding:

Kaga as well, but no, Shinano wont be a premium, no chance in hell. Yamato armored hull?? Rocket Launcher AA mounts?? yyyyyeah too OP for tier 8 lol

As for Akagi, in terms of characteristics of her and other carriers of the time, i reckon Akagi would be around tier 5 or 6, as famous as she was.

Also, i was almost yelling at the screen of how to say the names lol it really isnt that difficult... At least he got Hosho right though :D

Edited by Cyanide7662

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Kaga as well, but no, Shinano wont be a premium, no chance in hell. Yamato armored hull?? Rocket Launcher AA mounts?? yyyyyeah too OP for tier 8 lol

As for Akagi, in terms of characteristics of her and other carriers of the time, i reckon Akagi would be around tier 5 or 6, as famous as she was.

Also, i was almost yelling at the screen of how to say the names lol it really isnt that difficult... At least he got Hosho right though :D

Well, I don't think Akagi's initial config are presented in-game though, WG gonna use her final config which should place her at tier8 along with Kaga.

Talk about messed up spelling, if 1 language has to be responsible it's English, it's one of the more inconsistent language out there :hiding:

EDIT:

WG still insist on paper projects rather than actual vessels that sailed. (*cough* Hakuryu over Shinano *cough*)

Shinano is planned to be tier9, tier10 gonna be her improved version which is even bigger :hiding:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Well, I don't think Akagi's initial config are presented in-game though, WG gonna use her final config which should place her at tier8 along with Kaga.

For all we know, it could be compromised and put at Tier 7, using her inital config as stock, then the upgraded hull could be her final modernization. See quite a lot in the already in game ships, several even have their entire hull changed from the stock when upgraded, so its entirely possible.

Talk about messed up spelling, if 1 language has to be responsible it's English, it's one of the more inconsistent language out there :hiding:

Japanese is an older language than English, and it certainly doesnt help that Japanese have single words to describe something, while it takes English an entire sentence to do the describe the same thing. Translations = working as intended :D

Shinano is planned to be tier9, tier10 gonna be her improved version which is even bigger :hiding:

Either Ither, ill be happy so long as i get her in the end. Still, WG really should just bring in ships that were actually made, before bringing in paper projects, its the one thing that annoys me most about WG. except their logic is more important than common sense. (common sense aint that common)

Super Tester
149 posts

For all we know, it could be compromised and put at Tier 7, using her inital config as stock, then the upgraded hull could be her final modernization. See quite a lot in the already in game ships, several even have their entire hull changed from the stock when upgraded, so its entirely possible.

Japanese is an older language than English, and it certainly doesnt help that Japanese have single words to describe something, while it takes English an entire sentence to do the describe the same thing. Translations = working as intended :D

Either Ither, ill be happy so long as i get her in the end. Still, WG really should just bring in ships that were actually made, before bringing in paper projects, its the one thing that annoys me most about WG. except their logic is more important than common sense. (common sense aint that common)

Yeah the worst paper projects WG has ever decided to release is the Waffentrager Auf E-100, Jagdpanzer E-100, and FV-215b in WoT.
Edited by Marisp17

Alpha Tester
845 posts
467 battles

Yeah the worst paper projects WG has ever decided to release is the Waffentrager Auf E-100, Jagdpanzer E-100, and FV-215b in WoT.

Actually the Waffletrager is completely fictional

OT: Looks like I have to endure playing Kawachi, again!

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

I personally think that if WG are going to put paper projects into their game, they should do it well after a nicely fleshed out "made into metal" tech tree was implemented, and when they do bring in paper projects, they should all be on their own separate lines, or off shoots from the main lines. Like if the "Super Shinano" is made, it should be an off shoot of the Tier 9, or a direct off shoot from the Shinano herself, so that theres two Tier 10s. Same for the Super Yamato.

It just doesnt sit right with me to go from driving/sailing something that was actually used, or at least tested in prototypes, into something that was never used, never tested, never made, and is something that has absolute paper stats, as they cant know what the actual vehicle was capable of. Thats the one thing that i preferred about -game that should never be mentioned in a WG forum/game-, Historical accuracy, at least in terms of what you actually play. No paper projects. Worst of all for me = World of Failed Flying Healthpoints BF109 Zs. Never made, just proposed.

Edited by Cyanide7662

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Can't help but laugh at the Triplane..

but anyways, I'm looking forward in testing them~

If only i was able to skin them.... Would make them into Red Baron styled Fokker Dr.1's lol (for reasons........)

But sadly no, not if the script changes also affects skinning possibilities. Also doesnt help that i havent skinned since well before WoT patch 8.2 lol

Edited by Cyanide7662

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Wait wait wait, that video opening used navy field 2 Trailer... a bit

i want to add the description at 5:18 with "so flat"

Get into the Topic

seems they have more Squadron but less Planes of each squadron

aren't They have somekind of weakness like Double the Servicing time?

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Wait wait wait, that video opening used navy field 2 Trailer... a bit

i want to add the description at 5:18 with "so flat"

Get into the Topic

seems they have more Squadron but less Planes of each squadron

aren't They have somekind of weakness like Double the Servicing time?

IJN carriers have faster servicing time the down side they have is poor AA on the ship compared to USN and lesser planes on a squadron 
Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN carriers have faster servicing time the down side they have is poor AA on the ship compared to use and lesser planes on a squadron 

I can see that, Taihou's AA seems low without Upgrade (this guys didn't show the AA on the upgraded one)

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I can see that, Taihou's AA seems low without Upgrade (this guys didn't show the AA on the upgraded one)

compare the current Essex with the tier X in the video

[WOLF]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
3,641 battles

Current Japanese CV Tree was build from the ground intent to be an Aircraft Carrier at the first place,  while Kaga, Akagi or even Paper-Ship "Shinano" are Converted Hull from different class.

I think that WG will soon put another CV line in as "Converted Line" and there will have Kaga (Tosa-Class), Akagi (Amagi-Class) and Shinano (Yamato-Class) in their line.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Shinano wasent a paper class, it was actually made. Sailed (i think) around about 10-20km off the shore of Kyushu before she was sunk by a USN sub.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Shinano wasent a paper class, it was actually made. Sailed (i think) around about 10-20km off the shore of Kyushu before she was sunk by a USN sub.

She wasn't fully completed at the time of her sinking.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Zu-ah-ho aka "Z"   (Zuihou)

Ur-ah-ba (Aoba)

Rhy-U (Ryuujou)

He-ru (Hiryuu)

Show-ka.....-ku!! (Shoukaku)

Ta-ee-ho (Taihou)

Ha-ka-roo (Hakuryuu)

Made me laugh the way he pronounced Shoukaku

Edited by Windforce