You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AvikemArruters

Requesting a WOWS Tutor that is experienced in BB play

5 comments in this topic

2 posts
556 battles

Title says it all. I'm looking for an experienced player to team up with me while I grind Tier III BBs. I want to learn how to be a decent BB player that is capable of switching between trees. I want to learn to avoid dying quickly. I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

We need a little more info than that mate! lol.

Do you have discord+headset?

What country do you live in?

Any language requirements?

What times/days do you play? (Include timezone).

If you are based in Australia or New Zealand and have headset/discord, 151 will have you and I would be your mentor. If not, I still may be able to help (just without clan invite).

There are other folks in here from the various Asian countries who may be more suited depending on your first language/times.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[NAU2]
34 posts

S4pp3R is exactly right - but since you live in Adelaide, you two should be compatible. You may require discord and a headset (not required but it will make things more convenient) for direct communication with a division mate without having to type. 

But since Battleships are my strengths, here are some very general tips for battleships (this will also apply for higher tiers):

1. Do not use your DCP (Damage Control Party) the moment you catch fire.

2. Decide carefully where you want to go - battleships may not always be the best at relocating

3. Know your own ship - this means values such as concealment, your firing range etc.

4. Access the situation before you push/make advancements (fancy way of saying ‘charging in with style’)

5. This one may vary depending on the situation but.. try not to show broadside to an enemy battleship, and if you think you have have pushed into their territory slightly to far, reverse instead of turning around.

6. Be patient and don’t panic - you will be on fire, you may get hit by torpedoes, you may get spammed by some annoying cruiser with a fast reload but battleships are designed to do all of those things and triumph, given a decent commander.

Good lines to try include the USN Battleship line (North Carolina division, so basically go for Montana), IJN Battleship lines - seriously more tanky the general population may believe with excellent firepower all the way.. can’t recommend the USSR Battleships unfortunately due to some of them having rather odd characteristics that may vary from the standard battleship (definitely worth a try later on, because they are brilliant), the MNF (France) wouldn’t hurt to give it a go, I wouldn’t really recommend the HMS Battleships because being honest, minus Thunderer and Conquerer they sort of suck.

Good luck with your new WoWs career.

-Raikii

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
31 minutes ago, _Raikii said:

S4pp3R is exactly right - but since you live in Adelaide,

I'm on my phone so can't see that info without going into his profile 😛

• Cool 1

2 posts
556 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 7:58 AM, S4pp3R said:

I'm on my phone so can't see that info without going into his profile 😛

Discord: AvikemArruters#8280

Language: English

I mainly play in the Afternoons, but I can play all day on weekends. I'm currently a Uni student.

Edited by AvikemArruters