Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blauflamme22

Brazilian flag day additions to the game (its a rant)

57 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
729 posts
10,747 battles

So, while I'm all for giving attention to various nations and new commanders and camos for the game, why is Brazil getting all the love? Where is the Commonwealth commander? Because lets be honest here, in the time period that this game mostly covers, had two World Wars going on, and while Brazil was up to sweet fa during these events (small presence in WWII after US pressure) various commonwealth forces were in the thick of the fight. Several years ago the RNZN had its 75th Anniversary, there was nothing from WG. This despite an RN NZ Squadron ship (whose class is in game (Leander)) along with another ship in game (Exeter) fought the opening naval conflict of the largest war in history against another ship in game (Graf Spee). The Anniversary was a big enough deal for all NZ's major allies during the war to send ships for a review and to celebrate but it obviously wasn't big enough to catch WGs attention. I was actually surprised this year when WG has a small mission for a flag for ANZAC day, and that was appreciated. But please WG just because we are a small market don't forget about us. Even players from outside of the region who have an interest in history and naval warfare would be interested in commonwealth additions, I'd hazard a guess more so than Brazilian stuff which I would guess will really only be of interest to players outside of Brazil for being free content.
I know it's an arcade style game and not a sim, but the whole premise is that the game is based around ships and combat from a certain era, and Many of us would like to see more real content from that era. (rant over)

Edited by blauflamme22
  • Cool 6

[IJN]
312 posts
5,152 battles
5 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I'm told to derail this thread by the OP

Bruh

5,642 posts
9,410 battles
1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

why is Brazil getting all the love?

Probably to placate the SA crowd (as opposed to the NA crowd)... if there is an SA crowd that needs to be placated.

WeeGee are probably having some plan for the CW bois and grils.

Probably.

34 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I'm told to derail this thread by the OP

A derailment permit? It's rare to see one. Usually people in this forum will just derail threads on their own.

Edited by Paladinum

[AN-DO]
729 posts
10,747 battles
18 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

So here i go.

nice work :cap_like: now all we really need is @Tagnbag to come and mention unicorns in a dubious way and @Max_Battle to make a comment about redhead pinup girls and then it'll be not so much a derailment but a complete train wreck. I am pretty keen on some more EU ships though given that the smaller EU nations (or big ones at the time that have broken up) have a lot of ships that were built and saw combat that are not yet in game

• Cool 1

5,642 posts
9,410 battles
36 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Screenshot_1056.thumb.png.dd4ea2436571d3636286257fb6f56f3c.png

Since I have permission to derail, I will dismantle the line, as I have with Sapperino's CW lines :Smile_trollface:

The T7,8,9 are all too light for their tiers, even with RN CL Heal. De Ruyter is as light as Colbert and Small-length, with nowhere near the firepower. Which De Ruyter btw? There have been a number of De Ruyter, it's confusing because there's no year given. The 1935 one is as light as Emerald and the later one is, well, see above. Tre Kronor is lighter than Nurnberg and has fewer guns.

Unless WG decide to remove citadels from these ships, they're too weak for their tiers. These aren't Kitakami, Colbert or Small-length, which have disproportionally high firepower for their tonnage/HP (in the game). Yeah, unless WG decide to remove citadels from these ships, they're too weak for their tiers.

...Camara?

• Cool 3

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,881 battles
22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Since I have permission to derail, I will dismantle the line, as I have with Sapperino's CW lines :Smile_trollface:

The T7,8,9 are all too light for their tiers, even with RN CL Heal. De Ruyter is as light as Colbert and Small-length, with nowhere near the firepower. Which De Ruyter btw? There have been a number of De Ruyter, it's confusing because there's no year given. The 1935 one is as light as Emerald and the later one is, well, see above. Tre Kronor is lighter than Nurnberg and has fewer guns.

Unless WG decide to remove citadels from these ships, they're too weak for their tiers. These aren't Kitakami, Colbert or Small-length, which have disproportionally high firepower for their tonnage/HP (in the game). Yeah, unless WG decide to remove citadels from these ships, they're too weak for their tiers.

...Camara?

Well yes, you identified the core problem i ran into, the lightness.

Tre Kronor, Eendracht (original/planned refit), and De Ruyter (1952, as built) is very light, barely 10.000 ton in displacement which is the reason why there's so many consumables fitted. The only one fit for high tiers is the last one, Camara, which is based on Ansaldo XII-152 (in-game Brindisi is based on it). I planned to give them all smoke, but in the end that would be too similar to RN and proposed CW lines, hence i also planned to include somewhat agile rudder and acceleration as another gimmick. Besides, hp are arbitrary, and WG has shown to buff them (or nerf) without regards to actual ship displacement.

Shifting the line might work, but again, that would led to another needless research for higher tiers. I can probably shift De Ruyter up to T8 and shaft another Ansaldo project there, but so far i haven't found major contender for it.

EDIT

Tier 8

789290145_EendrachtB.thumb.png.5789d125440e2f927012a0aa9edbe3e1.png

Tier 9

file.thumb.png.7ab4a4833a2e3407da88bf0178532f75.png

Tier 10 Baseline

345330399_BaseDesign.thumb.png.82649c223895a6928582a8e197ce2405.png

planned to have Garibaldi-esque refit below

Garibaldi.thumb.png.51b0fde8d4b18c1b726b9a887879c78b.png

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

Where is the Singaporean Fleet Admiral?

Oh wait. Korea should demand their own speshal kapetan. Admiral Yi Shun Shi.

• Funny 1

5,642 posts
9,410 battles

I did the needless research for you.

Of course I won't say my speculative lines are that good, even in my own opinions, however, I just use what I think WG do when create paper ships for lines: mix and match stuffs together to create paper ships or create ships just from guns or make bigger versions of known paper ships.

Cases in point: Roon, Hinden, GK, Conq/Thund, Venezia, Colombo.

You can say I'm quite critical when it's tech tree ships. I mean, that is the ONLY thing I truly and honestly look forward to in this game.

If it's a cruiser line, even more critical!!!

2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Admiral Yi Sunsin.

Nah fam, WG will do injustice to his portrait just like they did with the 3 Mid-autumn "captains".

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
16 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Nah fam, WG will do injustice to his portrait just like they did with the 3 Mid-autumn "captains".

/All of Korea has left wows.

[CLAY]
3,208 posts
14,084 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Probably to placate the SA crowd

Why would South Australia care about Brazil..

Oh, you meant South America.

Sorry, Aussie bias towards initials.

• Funny 2

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

No, South Afrika.

5,642 posts
9,410 battles
8 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

'Straya is already South of South, how much more South do you want?

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

'Straya is already South of South, how much more South do you want?

Tasmania is the topmost part of australia.

• Cool 1

5,642 posts
9,410 battles

Thread derailed.

1171890931_taskfailed.png.c9c72ecb99d8b0f751a9adffb6e6710c.png

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles

Moving. Bad internet connections. I'll get back to you when I have a phat enough track to send a derailment to you.

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,872 posts
14,420 battles
5 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

D O N K E Y

1901391007_Screenshot(995).thumb.png.155bb3aa6c47fd5e7f46c7ec0de041a6.png

Hipper2.thumb.png.136747c6d3d46583df80f0822b9fb61b.png

place Hippah to solve every trouble!

Edited by Onlinegamer

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,981 posts
6,588 battles

( DERAIL MODE )

NAVYFIELD IS BETTER THAN WOWS!!!

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles

Since it has been derailed tlits either one of the Administrators or moderators will delete this and call it a day.

Sign in to follow this