Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Lag when firing guns

9 comments in this topic

88 posts
4,746 battles

Anybody else finding there's sometimes an appreciable lag between hitting the fire button  and guns actually firing? I seem to be experiencing it quite a bit lately and it seems to usually happen at critical moments - I'm battling an enemy ship at close range and both of us only need to get off one more salvo to sink the other and my guns don't fire when I hit the button (on occasion I have hit it more than once) and while I'm trying to get my guns to fire the enemy fires and sinks me. Maybe servers can't handle the workload? Very irritating when it happens.

Edited by Pete_the_pirate
  • Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles

I've had a similar issue for the last few days. However I notice it only happens when shooting the main gun with the binocular from within the ship's secondary range. I mean it does not happen on DDs (because there are very few DDs that have secondary guns), but it does happen on BB & cruisers.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,009 posts
13,344 battles

That's normal. Over time, the men on the guns become deaf, so they can't hear you very well. You need to yell louder.

• Funny 3

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
8,563 battles

The servers try to balance everybody, the faster guns (haragumo/Smelly/colbert) among others are too much. 

[FISH]
166 posts
31,972 battles

Its not just desync this time, there is also stuttering everytime a ship becomes visible, also there is a massive delay between ships appearing in minimap and becoming visible infront of you. There are a countless other instances where there is stutter, and it is extremely disturbing. Why did they bother with messing about with the graphics parameters? Nothing looks any better and there are countless additional issues. 

Using a GTX1060 here, changed my settings to lowest possible with 1080p, yet there is that consistent stupid bug that causes a massive framedrop everytime something appears on the minimap, and add that up with the pre-existing desync feature during primetime hours and aiming is one less thing to worry about. 

They just keep adding poorly thought out content without giving a rats ass about the idea of "BALANCING" nor do they bother to iron out bugs that their messing about introduces. The team working on WOWs [as opposed to WOT] is comically inept and completely oblivious to the woes of the community.   

• Cool 2

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
8,563 battles

Lag - desync  ... all the same cause. The system that the  WG severs use.   These things have been in the game since beta and will not change unless WG add/fix/improve servers. It's getting worse and is also the reason the UI is crap. 

Its clearly explained in the video.

1,459 posts
18,012 battles

[Defective 0.9.9.0]Game client problem after this "update". WG should roll back the problematic visual change. It bothers normal gaming.

1.Game client will freeze when blacklisting someone

2.CV's attack has a significant delay, especially for German rocket planes. The actual firing position is a bit backward than the aiming position.

3.Significant FPS drop when a new enemy ship is rendered in sight.

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles

Not only lags, but also stutters when you fire your main armament and / or when an enemy ship is detected.

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles

WG is now aware of the bug / issue, and is working on a fix.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Sign in to follow this