Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

0.99, where is "half air concealment"? Is that canceled or future patch?

7 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,926 posts
3,663 battles

Title

Any news when the air concealment become half ? I want to go Orkan for Jerzki mission

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,394 posts
11,293 battles

That was just a separate test to see how the mechanic worked.  They do this sort of thing all the time, and most of the time they don't go through.  They will likely have to continue to make balancing changes for this idea, because it basically removes the threat of CV's to DD's entirely, and the threat already isn't that great for good DD players.

Don't expect to see it live anytime soon, but we may see a further announcement on a further iteration of the testing soon.

Of course, they just completely broke CV's with today's patch, so likely they'll be focused on that for now.

[MRI]
3,670 posts
15,925 battles
21 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Of course, they just completely broke CV's with today's patch, so likely they'll be focused on that for now.

Dang what did they do this time?

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,394 posts
11,293 battles
42 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Dang what did they do this time?

Squadrons now lose speed from engine boost almost instantly, and gain it much more slowly, squadrons now gain very little engine boost after depleting the gauge, and attacking flights that peel off from a squadron now take full damage from surrounding AA.

The reticle changes apparently make it much harder to drop accurately, particularly with DB's, although I haven't tested it myself.  Apparently the rocket reticle only draws on the ocean now, and not on ships.

There's been reports of very poor torpedo dispersion as well, although that is unconfirmed.

Overall, any one of these changes is a significant nerf to CV's.  The engine boost change is massive, and would decrease dpm on ships like Midway and Haku by 10-20%.  The fact that you lose more than twice as many planes during attacks as pre-patch completely breaks the game, although is likely a bug.  Put all the changes together, and you won't be seeing many CV's until they sort it out.  I think the engine boost change alone would probably be enough to get me to stop playing the class (I play about 60% DD, 30% CV, 10% BB), because it will increase flight times so massively.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this