You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

To be honest, its time to Add Hydro on Tirpitz

8 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles

Lads, if you see that Tirpitz is the only one who doesn't have Hydroacoustic Search. (whilst being unused for many years)

If only one of the Administrator listen, Odin has Hydro, Tirpitz doesnt, Bismarck has hydro, Tirpitz doesnt.

Pommern has Hydro, yet Tirpitz isn't

Will there be Hydroacoustic search for Tirpitz? its unfair that she isn't getting the Consumable but Bismarck and the others have.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles

Tirpitz have torpedo and Bismarck dont.....

IF TIRPITZ GOT HYDRO,

GIVE OPTION TO MOUNT AADF to KRI IRIAN and GIVE IT REPAIR PARTY..... and firing range of Pyotr Bagration. WG Also GIVE EUGENE REPAIR PARTY later......

Pyotr Bagration is biggest middle finger to Indonesian Navy.....

the release of Pyort Bagration is the reason we cancel buying SU-35

also SPEED BOOST and T8 GUN for Siliwangi.... why the hell more modern Skorry Class is more crappier tha Ognevoi....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[IJN]
308 posts
5,152 battles

Well, it would basically make Bismarck (and to a lesser extent, Odin) obsolete. One of the few things that separate Bismarck and Tirpitz is that Bismarck has hydro, Tirpitz has torpedoes. Giving Tirpitz both means that people have no reason to play Bismarck, because Tirpitz is just better having both offensive and defensive tools that Bismarck has only one of. Odin has both Hydro and Torpedoes but pays for it by having horrible guns and HP. My point is, by giving Tirpitz the defining characteristic of the tech-line BBs while keeping the Torpedoes would make Tirpitz better or equal in (nearly; AA doesn't matter anymore) every way to Bismarck. I do agree that the German BBs need a buff, but maybe in secondaries instead as those are severely lacking when compared to the American Premiums.

• Cool 6

[NFB]
1,337 posts
15,258 battles
6 hours ago, hurricaneflyer said:

Well, it would basically make Bismarck (and to a lesser extent, Odin) obsolete. One of the few things that separate Bismarck and Tirpitz is that Bismarck has hydro, Tirpitz has torpedoes.

Personally, I wouldn't mind giving Bismarck torpedoes and Tirpitz hydro.

The problem is that older ships are getting less attractive with power creep.

6 hours ago, hurricaneflyer said:

I do agree that the German BBs need a buff, but maybe in secondaries instead as those are severely lacking when compared to the American Premiums.

Power creep again.

• Cool 1

[IJN]
308 posts
5,152 battles
4 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind giving Bismarck torpedoes and Tirpitz hydro.

The main issue with that is that the ships become identical, but with one exception. Bismarck is a tech tree ship. Tirpitz is a premium. You would effectively remove the incentive to purchase the Tirpitz (not counting training or economy purposes) because you can get the Bismarck for free, also devaluing Tirpitz to the point where it may become a coal ship in a similar way to what Charleston is to Saint Louis, Tirpitz would just be a Bismarck with premium benefits but nothing more.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,191 posts
17,088 battles

to be fair, is it about time all IJN torpedo get their torp detection reduced to a reasonable range, all Soviet DD to had their concealment buffed, all USS CL to had their Range at least buffed a bit, all Royal Navy CL to be given a better AP ( or might be they should get HE / SAP also ) ... Tripitz is already not that worse off if you take a look at many others even more ill treated and in a fashion its quite balanced vs its German counterpart , if Tripitz are to be given Hydro, then Bismarck clearly should get Torpedo too , and then we can expolate from there. Tripitz pay for its offensive capacity by having less defensive utility , mind that its utility not capability. Hydro do not made a ship any more resilient but it does allow the ship some early warning and Tripitz clearly would be OP if given that , I can picture Tripitz wit Hydro to charge a Royal Navy CL in smoke or even certain DDs