Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

That chin....

21 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles

So I decide to postpone my coal spending plan which is to get Ludendorff (the frick is Pommern?), and get Kuznetsov for my Kremlin. But that means my Avrora becomes unemployed. Then I decide to buy this long chin again, and put her on that ship again. This ship is still way more fun than that spiteful redhead Monarch.

shot-20_09.28_15_45.13-0837.thumb.jpg.b1daa1174c91c9e733e3f1e863a6c779.jpg

Back to the chin part. I think it would be possible to add the Y turret if the superstructure and everything around it to be placed closer to the bow. Although that means she might lose her catapult launcher.

shot-20_09.28_15_46.10-0622.thumb.jpg.ac061b63d6785f934b63d9292caa65d0.jpg

At least the ship actually looks good. Soyuz is ugly, while Kremlin is weird due to that sloped bow deck. I remember someone said you can host a summer party on that chin.

[TLS]
4,058 posts
20,261 battles

I think my Aurora is on my Nevsky. I think. Because the rest of the other captain I had sitting in port were uncute.

And I believe you will enjoy your Luddendorf in CQC. It was beautiful during coop CQC when I took her out for her first spin.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

The red.
The muscular bias.
The "chin".

Chin Chin

c67b483c7d4fa41779856e43a0a3c78943d3d84d

• Funny 3

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

So I decide to postpone my coal spending plan which is to get Ludendorff (the frick is Pommern?), and get Kuznetsov for my Kremlin. But that means my Avrora becomes unemployed. Then I decide to buy this long chin again, and put her on that ship again. This ship is still way more fun than that spiteful redhead Monarch.

shot-20_09.28_15_45.13-0837.thumb.jpg.b1daa1174c91c9e733e3f1e863a6c779.jpg

Back to the chin part. I think it would be possible to add the Y turret if the superstructure and everything around it to be placed closer to the bow. Although that means she might lose her catapult launcher.

shot-20_09.28_15_46.10-0622.thumb.jpg.ac061b63d6785f934b63d9292caa65d0.jpg

At least the ship actually looks good. Soyuz is ugly, while Kremlin is weird due to that sloped bow deck. I remember someone said you can host a summer party on that chin.

I recall that the developer who made Vladivostoks model had a difficult time imagining her.

He said that he only had specifications to go with and no drawings was made for this ship.

Adding another turret, either A turret in the front (ABCX) or Y turret in the back while moving everything forward (ABXY) will lose her T8 status. She will become a T9 or T10.

But I agree that there is too much space in the front and too cramped in the mid and rear. WG could move the guns and superstructure a bit forward and make the the anchor chains longer and move the wildcat a bit back.

hmm nothing on the front and too much in the mid and rear:

1171560328_MR2(AW11)jpg.thumb.jpg.969709b7e0c3a00b74473af06201acc4.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,238 posts
8,660 battles

*needs a 40foot ladder to shave

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
27 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I recall that the developer who made Vladivostoks model had a difficult time imagining her.

He said that he only had specifications to go with and no drawings was made for this ship.

Adding another turret, either A turret in the front (ABCX) or Y turret in the back while moving everything forward (ABXY) will lose her T8 status. She will become a T9 or T10.

But I agree that there is too much space in the front and too cramped in the mid and rear. WG could move the guns and superstructure a bit forward and make the the anchor chains longer and move the wildcat a bit back.

I don't think the front can fit one more turret without sacrificing B's firing angle. Nelson & Izumo have to compromise their C turret due to the pyramid layout. While Mogami, Venezia, Worcester, and Minotaur have to compromise the B turret. The good old ABXY would work better.

However I'm not sure WG will keep that rule of ship tier. Brandenburg is literally T8 Pommern, and if she gets released with the same guns, WG will find a way to justify the Russian version of it. Hizen is also at the balancing stage, which will be the 3rd T9 BB with 12 guns.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,609 posts
40,949 battles

that deck could fit with 1 more turret

On 6/11/2020 at 6:22 AM, Manacetamol said:

b1.thumb.jpg.cc76c5cfcb61866f42e19e8e3dc7eddf.jpgb4.thumb.jpg.aaf1b79f7aed8f84a678bc484c0f03ed.jpg

b5.thumb.jpg.5ca748a1c24f6ee3d61b33fa95fd9fb6.jpg

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
1,917 posts
16,015 battles

The more rational approach would be to move the X turret down to deck level and made space for a super firing secondaries ,  the Barbette could now be the seaplane hanger and might be something like 2 sets of 2X130 turret on top and still had space left for some short range , or a super firing turret of 3X180 ( taken from Cruiser ).that stated the foredeck seems like a good place for loads of 20mm / 37mm / 40mm AA mounts

Edited by Mechfori

4,674 posts
8,750 battles
21 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

However I'm not sure WG will keep that rule of ship tier. Brandenburg is literally T8 Pommern, and if she gets released with the same guns, WG will find a way to justify the Russian version of it. Hizen is also at the balancing stage, which will be the 3rd T9 BB with 12 guns.

What armament does Brandenburg have? Is it even confirmed?

Hizen is 410, unlike Alsace, Luden and Lepanto, which have 380/381 and the universal poor accuracy. 380/381 cannot overmatch 27 mm bow, unlike 406/410.

Number of main guns is one thing, but gun size, damage, accuracy also matter a lot. That's why Repub got 24s reload despite having huge main guns.

About the topic, I just think that bow is an icebreaker bow.

Long ships with high length to beam ratio would have high speed through water with the same engine power (but sacrificing other things of course). In this case, the ship would have good speed and not spending too much on armor (aka more weight).

There may be a good reason to have most of the weight of the ship aftward, but IDK for sure.

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
20 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

What armament does Brandenburg have? Is it even confirmed?

Not confirmed. But the common speculation based on the image preview is that the guns look similar with Odin's guns.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-update-0-9-7-changes-and-additions-supertest-datamining-azur-lane-collaboration-new-unique-upgrades-and-more/

Spoiler

sidenote: Right now, the Brandenburg has an entry in the game files but it is basically empty. No stats, no model, nothing usable.
The only thing we have outside of the flag is the image preview:

PGSB518

I compared this preview with the one of other German ships and unless my eyes deceive me, this is a Bismarck-class but fitted with 4 of the same triple turrets as Odin or Ägir.

25 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

About the topic, I just think that bow is an icebreaker bow.

Long ships with high length to beam ratio would have high speed through water with the same engine power (but sacrificing other things of course). In this case, the ship would have good speed without having too much on armor (aka more weight).

There may be a good reason to have most of the weight of the ship aftward, but IDK for sure.

That's a good point actually. I mean I read something about icebreakers, and they work exactly like that. The bow would raise up above the waterline, and break the ice by using ship' weight as the ship goes through.

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
14 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

hmm nothing on the front and too much in the mid and rear:

1171560328_MR2(AW11)jpg.thumb.jpg.969709b7e0c3a00b74473af06201acc4.jpg

Ah yes the real MR2, not that one which looks like soap bar.:cap_like:

6 hours ago, mademoisail said:

We hatin' on big chins, now? T_T

Not really, we just make fun of that chin. Besides I opened a discussion whether the ship can actually have the 4th turret due to the large vacant space on the front. And to be honest, I actually like the looks.

What if we remove the X turret, and everything on the rear;  then build a small hangar & some catapults there? BOOM! We get a BBV with adequate amount of planes. And move the superstructure & the others to be more ahead if necessary.

[IJN]
236 posts
4,635 battles

Chins? I got you brother.

Hirohito's Mega Chin | Know Your Meme

On a more serious note, how does the Vladivostok play? 

I have nearly finished my Sinop grind so knowledge would be appreciated.

• Funny 1

[151ST]
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
6 hours ago, mademoisail said:

We hatin' on big chins, now? T_T

Big chins are as sexy as smol chins!

All chins are sexy except hexagonal chins!!!

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
54 minutes ago, hurricaneflyer said:

On a more serious note, how does the Vladivostok play? 

I have nearly finished my Sinop grind so knowledge would be appreciated.

Mostly the same like Sinop. Same strengths & weaknesses, especially when bottom tier. The differences are:

• Faster turret traverse speed (4 degrees per seconds/180 degree turn in 45 seconds).
  • Higher top speed (29 knots).
  • Better bow & aft armor (32mm) against HE cruisers with IFHE (152mm with IFHE can only penetrate 30 mm armor now)  Better midsection armor against Mainz & CA caliber HE shells (40mm/thicker than Montana).
  • Better AA. Not as great as to be able to wipe out the whole squadron, but is good enough compared to Sinop's which is almost non-existent if I recall.
  • Better concealment due to the access to slot 5 (if you pick concealment of course).
  • Slightly worse rudder shift time, but the turn radius remains the same.
  • Depending on your luck, you might be the top or the mid tier in the battle. Sinop & all T7 ships tend to get dragged into the same pool with the T8.
  • Cool 1

[IC]
402 posts
11,973 battles
7 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

O Chin Chin. 

*runs*

Anyone from Japan: Hentai!!!!

• Funny 2

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
9 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Ah yes the real MR2, not that one which looks like soap bar.:cap_like:

I know that model. The one that jumps in Irohazaka.

MR2.thumb.jpg.4873426a74832f202c6f530d07d73b05.jpg

I like the older model is because of the engine. The 4A series.

But both the 4A and 3S engines are the 2 engines I respect and appreciate.

Sign in to follow this