You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Q on the Clemson Class DD

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,452 battles

I first noticed that this ship in the game had twin 4 inch mounts and thought, hey the four stackers only mount singles.

So I checked out the class and found that two, USS Hovey and USS Long had twin mounts fitted, so well done WG.

I'm interested in getting one but when I clicked on it in the tech tree it only shows single 4 inch guns, is this just the tech tree? If I get it will it have the twin mounts?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I first noticed that this ship in the game had twin 4 inch mounts and thought, hey the four stackers only mount singles.

So I checked out the class and found that two, USS Hovey and USS Long had twin mounts fitted, so well done WG.

I'm interested in getting one but when I clicked on it in the tech tree it only shows single 4 inch guns, is this just the tech tree? If I get it will it have the twin mounts?

My guess is that some of the Clemson-class got modernized afterward.

However, due to gameplay balance reason (or whatever it could be) those modernized versions didn't get featured in-game, atleast not for now.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

However, due to gameplay balance reason (or whatever it could be) those modernized versions didn't get featured in-game, atleast not for now.

Sure they did. The reason charcoal44 didn't see them in the tech tree is Clemson, strangely enough, gets twin mounts with the hull upgrade.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

She gets the twin guns with the hull upgrade, and they are very useful at dealing with enemy DD's or other ships (despite the shortage of range), as no other destroyer, US or Japanese(?) can fire a 6 gun broadside until tier 10 again. That is a lot of firepower for a tier 4 destroyer, and coupled with having 6 torpedo tubes on each side, this ship is my favourite American Destroyer - Jap destroyers are literally going to have a bad day in a gunfight with this ship, as it has great dpm on top of the 6 gun broadside

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

I completely agree with you in regards to Clemson's amazingness, but that:

View PostBlitzkreig95, on 12 May 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

[...] no other destroyer, US or Japanese(?) can fire a 6 gun broadside until tier 10 again.

is not entirely accurate - Fubuki (tier VIII) gets 3x2 12.7cm before the hull upgrade. Surprisingly, they have an acceptable turn rate (after a turret upgrade, a mod and a captain skill) and can be reliably used against enemy DDs.

Edited by Kempf

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

My bad, I haven't really been into my jap destroyers, I'm a fan of the american ones due to their better dpm, bigger torp salvos and better AA, so now I'm up to the Mahan lol

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

My bad, I haven't really been into my jap destroyers, I'm a fan of the american ones due to their better dpm, bigger torp salvos and better AA, so now I'm up to the Mahan lol

Well you (and me) are out of luck - They are getting a ROF nerf next patch.

Probably need to start digging into IJN stuff now...

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Well you (and me) are out of luck - They are getting a ROF nerf next patch.

Probably need to start digging into IJN stuff now...

The only one getting the RoF nerf is the Gearing and the Nicholas.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

The only one getting the RoF nerf is the Gearing and the Nicholas.

Rly? I thought the Sims, Benson, Farragut and stuff are being nerfed as well...
Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Rly? I thought the Sims, Benson, Farragut and stuff are being nerfed as well...

Oh, right. Didn't see the notes right. At least the Fletcher didn't get touched.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Oh, right. Didn't see the notes right. At least the Fletcher didn't get touched.

I think it did.....I think All the US 5 inch gun ROF was kept at 12 :ohmy: