Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

ST 0.9.10, Key Battle (Halloween Event ST)

17 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Big hunt: Key to Victory!

To celebrate Halloween, a new temporary type of battle has been added: Key battle.

16 players will be let loose on a giant map - Polygon - where they will have to choose to fight with or against each other, while simultaneously having to deal with dangerous sea monsters controlled by artificial intelligence. You can only go into battle alone, but during the battle itself you can team up into a division of up to three ships.

phpNNhHpM

The main task is to leave the Polygon through the portal. To do this, you need to find one of the specially marked monsters, destroy it, and retrieve the key. Only one player can use a key, and not a whole division.

phpfCdGKh

After all the keys have been used, the remaining ships will be transferred to a special zone - the Octagon. Like in Rogue Battle in Update 0.8.5, the final battle takes place in a gradually shrinking combat zone. The last surviving ship will also successfully leave the Polygon.

Instead of the usual square minimap, a round one with the player's ship in the center is used. It shows the surroundings up to the ship's view range.

For the destruction of monsters and other players, a temporary resource will be issued - Battle Points. Having collected a certain amount of Battle Points, you can improve your ship right in battle, for example, reduce the damage received or increase the damage dealt by your armament. All points earned are transferred to the port, and they can be exchanged in the Armory for various rewards including "Infernal" permanent camouflages for Tier VIII and IX ships. A successful exit from the Polygon brings additional Battle Points, and the exit through the portal gives more than the victory in the Octagon.

phpGcdOLk

Players will have three different ships available in 0.9.10, but each of them has many modules, the installation of which significantly changes the gameplay and creates an unusual combination of characteristics. For example, conventional torpedoes can be replaced with ones temporarily incapacitating all the main weapons of the enemy, but inflicting less damage.

phpJpfjjm

phpFjLGmL

phpmbbigf

Armament is not limited to simple weapons: lasers, plasma torpedoes, wave launchers and mortars are at the service of commanders. For example, wave launchers can destroy incoming torpedoes, and plasma weapons heat the target's armor and temporarily increase damage when plasma shells and torpedoes re-hit an already hot area. New modules are unlocked when performing special combat missions.

phpooJNbF

Added a new port inspired by Polygon.

Links:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/79

Edited by S0und_Theif
Again, adding the links. I keep forgetting. Please credit the messengers who brought the news too.
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles

phpooJNbF

Why do I have the feeling that the weapons are almost inspired from MechWarrior or BattleTech.

2046659232_MWweapons.png.2c6be18b423132ed0ede453d3d8b4141.pngRasalhague.jpg.6488b60e5d1d187859d9b533671afbda.jpg1916314158_GhostBear.jpg.a0bed5e0c6b263d773cae2a028355882.jpg

MadCat.thumb.jpg.6834bb47051b6c707256ff1618da0c3e.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,781 battles

Oh nice, some change of pace and fresh features. I always look forward to these kind of events with different gameplay, more than the core game.

[NCOTS]
364 posts
10,867 battles

Second ship looks like a Smolensk while the third looks like a Republique, not sure what is the first one, Hindenburg?

Edited by rookieFTW

[151ST]
2,507 posts
10,201 battles
2 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

Second ship looks like a Smolensk while the third looks like a Republique, not sure what is the first one, Hindenburg?

Who knows, they've got different kit options anyways.

Not sure about this event, I suspect folks will min-max in some way and certain ways of playing will be obviously better than others. I also wonder what they're testing with this; missiles perhaps?

[MRI]
3,523 posts
15,217 battles
51 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I also wonder what they're testing with this; missiles perhaps?

Could be. Wave launchers being able to shoot incoming plasma torpedoes sounds like WG is testing some form of CIWS.

Edited by Thyaliad

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
5 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Instead of the usual square minimap, a round one with the player's ship in the center is used. It shows the surroundings up to the ship's view range.

:fish_book::fish_book:

Players will have three different ships available in 0.9.10, but each of them has many modules, the installation of which significantly changes the gameplay and creates an unusual combination of characteristics. For example, conventional torpedoes can be replaced with ones temporarily incapacitating all the main weapons of the enemy, but inflicting less damage.

:fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book:

Armament is not limited to simple weapons: lasers, plasma torpedoes, wave launchers and mortars are at the service of commanders. For example, wave launchers can destroy incoming torpedoes, and plasma weapons heat the target's armor and temporarily increase damage when plasma shells and torpedoes re-hit an already hot area. New modules are unlocked when performing special combat missions.

:fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book::fish_book:

I'm rock solid, pls help.

3x

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles
4 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

not sure what is the first one, Hindenburg?

Yup the rear mast being taller than the front mast is the hint. The bow is also pointy enough.

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,519 posts
12,560 battles
9 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

circular minimap damn

Republique have one of those few good-looking perma camo

port queen for me

Edited by Gummiheng

[SMOKE]
1,928 posts
16,057 battles

am not sure if this mode really play the play for all .. PUBG crossover with WOWS is what it sounds .. but I do not come to play WOWS to experience that I want Team play , group push , not lone wolf hunting ( even though I play DD mostly )

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

RIP Halloween Operations.

Excuse me, isn't the thought that WG would put this as their Halloween event... scary?

:cap_haloween:

[-ISO-]
1,059 posts
6,286 battles
38 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Excuse me, isn't the thought that WG would put this as their Halloween event... scary?

I don't care whether it's scary or not. WG could reintroduce Operation Terror of the deep with the new submarine mechanics. Or at least bring back the 2 epic Halloween Operations along with the Key Battle mode. Halloween is incomplete without its memorable Operations.

[IJN]
238 posts
4,638 battles
On 9/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, S0und_Theif said:

All points earned are transferred to the port, and they can be exchanged in the Armory for various rewards including "Infernal" permanent camouflages for Tier VIII and IX ships.

Shame there aren't any Tier 10 perma camos, I mean the ships that are featured are based on the Republique, Hindenburg and Smolensk so would it be a stretch to give us those camos? I assume this is a result of having non-ship enemies in this operation.

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles
13 minutes ago, hurricaneflyer said:

Shame there aren't any Tier 10 perma camos, I mean the ships that are featured are based on the Republique, Hindenburg and Smolensk so would it be a stretch to give us those camos? I assume this is a result of having non-ship enemies in this operation.

I'm not sure yet, but T10 perma camo would (probably) be those camo that is featured in Key Battle.

Since most of the ships featured are T10, I think they will get those camo rather than Infernal camo.

Of course this is currently speculation. So take my word with a grain of salt for now.

273 posts
6,366 battles

All this does is remind me of Half-life.

The scenery and monster looks straight out of Xin, the alien world from Black Mesa and the giant floating geomentric puzzle looks like it was lifted from Half-life: Alex.

[SMOKE]
1,928 posts
16,057 battles
On 9/26/2020 at 4:20 PM, hurricaneflyer said:

Don't wish too hard, you might just get what you want , except it will be in random bundle that need to be purchased by Doubloon / Real Money

Edited by Mechfori

Sign in to follow this