Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdverseYaw

Screenshots from 0.3.1 PT server

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
98 posts
67 battles

Screenshots from 0.3.1 PT (Test1) server

* Test1 has finished at evening of 11 May 2015 JST.

Japanese Tech tree

7av9Lmzl.jpg

US Tech tree

US Tech tree

Other Shots :

揚力と張力と : WoWS 0.3.1のスクリーンショット(PTサーバ) (my Japanese blog)

External link

Edited by AdverseYaw

Alpha Tester
98 posts
67 battles

I wish some of the stats page were open in the screenshots, such as aircraft tab of IJN CV (telling how many planes there are in hangar, esp on upgraded hulls), as well as USN BB maneuverability tab.

sorry, PT server is closed already.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

they seriously rename it Zao?????????????????????????

on a freaking Japan ship??????????

*burn stuff*

What wrong with that ? Named after the Zaou mountain range in the Miyagi prefecture. Just remove the u, in its anglification of the name, like with the other names, like Kongou etc. So no need to rage. More a need to do your research before going off on a tangent.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

What wrong with that ? Named after the Zaou mountain range in the Miyagi prefecture. Just remove the u, in its anglification of the name, like with the other names, like Kongou etc. So no need to rage. More a need to do your research before going off on a tangent.

No not that, it's because Zao sounds more "Chinese" than "Japanese", eventhough it's still Japanese.

Senjo is still a cooler name though, I have no idea why WG renamed it.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I wish WG would add back the "u" or at the very least add the  " - " over the " O". Makes me sad when I see WG butcher the Japanese ship names like that.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

No not that, it's because Zao sounds more "Chinese" than "Japanese", eventhough it's still Japanese.

like he said, although it based on a real Japan mountain but Zao is too Chinese

does Japan people really call their moutain ''Zao'' ? no :sceptic:

This may surprise you quite a bit, but the Japanese, from elementary school onwards, prefer to write their language using Chinese characters. The influence of Classical Chinese Culture on Japan could hardly have been less between the later Kofun period and upto the end of the Heian period, though it was more marginal after that.

The reason why 'Senjou' was removed is most likely because the names of the mountains on which most historical Japanese Cruisers are named end in '' (-san/-zan or -yama), such as Hiei-zan, Koungou-san, Ibuki-zan, Amagi-san, Fuji-san, etc, etc. Mt. Zaou is called Zaou-san.

Senjou, meanwhile is named after Senjou-ga-dake, which makes it an odd-one-out from what is very obviously a decided pattern of choosing names - not a good thing for what is essentially a paper-boat.

We've had this discussion in the past on a thread made to address specifically this topic.

Zaou is acutally a lots better...but so shame to delete the U...

Edited by CrimsonGabri

Sign in to follow this