Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Heavy breathing

43 comments in this topic

4,674 posts
8,750 battles

1. Captain skill rework No.2.

2. CV hybrids.

3. New game mode for Halloween. Always good.

4. New temp game mode with space theme and in-battle upgrades. Missiles incoming?

5. Pizza BBs.

Tier 10 - Cristoforo Columbo is 4x4 381 :Smile_facepalm: sixteen 381 :Smile_facepalm: 

I guess I'm the one who lacks imagination :Smile_facepalm:

6. Rework Ranked Battles.

7. MOAR Dockyard event! ...yay...

8. TWO new Campaigns! THEYD BETTER BE PERMANENT!

9. Snowflakes no longer require victories, but base XP.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,772 posts
12,373 battles

"Increase the maximum skill points a commander can have from 19 to 21"

I wouldn't draw attention to that. It creates the illusion we have more choice. I did the math, with the addition and changing of skills, you'll end up spending more skill points to end up with the same abilities.

Nothing about operations... sigh... Its telling that the new Halloween mode is PvP...

Snowflakes... Ok, I suppose its good you can do them in random, I just hope the base XP level is not too high, I'd still like to be able to do them in 1 co-op battle. Seriously, I have a lot of ships, spending more than one battle on each ship is too much, if a match drags out to 20 mins, it will take much too long, and not all those ships are outfitted or have captains ready. Base XP of 250-300 would be fine though, and I hope WG arn't just going to create more busywork for us.

Halloween modes. Good, but I always get scared when they ask us if we like them or not. Because you say "yes" and whatever mechanic they're testing might end up in random, because you said yes. When in reality, we're saying "Yes, but in this mode, I don't want to see it in Randoms".

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 3

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
42 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Snowflakes... Ok, I suppose its good you can do them in random, I just hope the base XP level is not too high, I'd still like to be able to do them in 1 co-op battle. Seriously, I have a lot of ships, spending more than one battle on each ship is too much, if a match drags out to 20 mins, it will take much too long, and not all those ships are outfitted or have captains ready. Base XP of 250-300 would be fine though, and I hope WG arn't just going to create more busywork for us.

This too will affect NTC (ahem I mean RB).

Still want to reset ships? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles

My chair is not warm yet, and I'm missing a lot of news. :Smile_ohmy:

Read read mode. :fish_book:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,310 posts
11,024 battles

SAP with 16 BB guns - is it possible to double strike a single DD with one salvo?  :Smile_ohmy:

[CLAY]
2,772 posts
12,373 battles
3 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

This too will affect NTC (ahem I mean RB).:Smile_trollface:

Still want to reset ships?

Never wanted to reset ships in the first place.

Still don’t want to. Worst case is I don’t get all the rewards. I’m not making my job easier by resetting lines. You can’t make me WG!

• Cool 1

4,674 posts
8,750 battles

I'd like to tender my apology to Sapperino ( @S4pp3R ).

I made fun of the fact that you wouldn't want to do the proposal for a CW BB line, and I said "you lack imagination".

But WG give us a T10 BB with 4x4 381 mm guns.

I am terribly sorry, because now I feel so unimaginative.

Forgive me, Sapperino.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 3

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Never wanted to reset ships in the first place.

Still don’t want to. Worst case is I don’t get all the rewards. I’m not making my job easier by resetting lines. You can’t make me WG!

:Smile_medal:

Excellent advice mate.

• Cool 1

4,674 posts
8,750 battles
56 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Halloween modes. Good, but I always get scared when they ask us if we like them or not. Because you say "yes" and whatever mechanic they're testing might end up in random, because you said yes. When in reality, we're saying "Yes, but in this mode, I don't want to see it in Randoms".

"Be careful what you wish for" kind of thing.

16 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

SAP with 16 BB guns - is it possible to double strike a single DD with one salvo?  :Smile_ohmy:

:Smile_ohmy:

Either the accuracy is gonna be !@#$ or the reload is gonna be !@#$ or both are gonna be !@#$.

30 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

My chair is not warm yet, and I'm missing a lot of news.

Gosh I want to see more of the new mode. I only care about that, Halloween mode and new campaigns. 

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,772 posts
12,373 battles
43 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

"Be careful what you wish for" kind of thing.

Sorta, but more like, If WG want it in the game, it will be in the game, and they'll use your enthusiasm to support their decision, regardless of the context it was given in.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
14 hours ago, Paladinum said:

After seeing how the reworked captain skills will be implemented, there are some ups and downs in the concept.

The bad, if you want to transfer the captain, it is best to only transfer them to the same class without re-spec-ing the captain. Especially on premium ships.

The good, they are divided into classes, only has 24 instead of 32 skills, and you have 21 captain points instead of 19.

On paper it kind of looks good, but have the fear that builds will be almost all the same and no unorthodox builds. And CLAA "could" possibly break the game[?].

Good yes, but also fearful.

WG will test some things that may be implemented in the future.

Some are ok, but some are bad.

5. Pizza BBs.

Tier 10 - Cristoforo Columbo is 4x4 381 :Smile_facepalm: sixteen 381 :Smile_facepalm: 

What happened to UP.41? 9 x 406 mm? I guess I too have no imagination.

I guess T9 will be 12 x 381 mm then.

And I am guessing they will reload at 40 seconds base. :cap_fainting:

Remember Venezia. She takes forever to reload.

SAP instead of HE. So SAP and AP.

Oh and since it mentions Italian Battleships, I'm tagging @LawrenceXVIII

Rank battles will also follow clan battle format.

Only peak hours and no ranked in low hours.

This is literally a problem for ANZ and India. Too late for ANZ time zone and too early for India time zone.:Smile-angry:

As a player who plays and works at night. This impacts me greatly.

The flip side, players can participate in clan brawl "without clans :fish_book:"

Without clans meaning clanless or with clan but doesn't need to be divisioned? :fish_book:

But, it is still limited time. So might not be able to participate due to limited window time.

Dockyard 1.0 = Still no apology.
Dockyard 2.0 = Free Graf Spee is very much appreciated.
Dockyard 2.1 = No free prem ship. Should be F2P ship but no. Want 3500 doubloons.

Don't get me wrong. Credit where credit is due. They did well on both 2.0 and 2.1. But fall short of making obtainable.
2.0 I can forgive since they gave Graf Spee in phase 10. But in 2.1, there is no free premium ship in phase 10 or 12.
They should have made Anchorage obtainable or have a premium ship on phase 10 or 12.

I guess we should listen to Lesta CEO's advice. Pay no attention. Only people with no life or people with health condition can get this.

8. MOAR Campaigns! THEYD BETTER BE PERMANENT!

And have option on where to play.

Too much emphasis on random battle is not fun.

Especially when the bots are not even being dealt with 5 years after the game is released. (I'll be fair, 3 years in my book. Since I just started 2018.)

I would rather keep my sanity.

I ain't no glutton for punishment.

"So you can comfortably complete your snowflakes in Random Battles."

JJ.gif.bfde95a178f012f7143145d0df47d249.gif

Comfortable. Snowflake. Random Battle.

WG must really lost it.

Also indirectly impacting NTC (ahem I mean RB). :Smile_trollface:

10. F2P and P2A gap is widening.

It is the same as WG hellbent emphasis to force players to play random battles rather than make it enjoyable and play all game modes..

It used to be fun and doable back in 2018. After 2019, everything went south. (NTC, Dockyard 1.0, CV re-work, etc)

It is a factory defect and not a user issue. Don't punish the players if they are not the one programing the game.

I understand the developers also need to earn their living, but if the developer and manager came up with a bad idea, don't punish the players for not opening their wallets. Punish the developers who came up with the bad idea and the managers who approved the idea. (They would not have been approved if the managers did their due diligence.)

Customers will always pay good money for good food. Not bad food.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 4

[MRI]
3,513 posts
15,189 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

2. CV hybrids.

4. New temp game mode with space theme and in-battle upgrades. Missiles incoming?

5. Pizza BBs.

8. TWO new Campaigns! THEYD BETTER BE PERMANENT!

1. Not really looking forward to the changes.

2. Half of me is looking forward to them. The other half of me thinks they will just be meh ships thanks to the current CV system.

3. Cool.

4. Cool.

5. Great news. Finally they are here at long last.

6. Don't play Ranked, so I don't really care.

7. I wonder who it is.

8. I am hoping they are Permanent too. Or at least several months long like the EU captain dude.

9. Bad, bad news. It is already time consuming enough blowing the snowflakes off my ships, now I can't do it in a quick Coop game. I am guessing WG figured out it is too easy for veterans like me to get a whole bunch of free SCs, rare flags and camos.

"You can comfortably complete your Snowflakes in Random Battles". Sure WG, sure. You are not fooling anybody.

• Cool 2

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles

- snip -

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Oh and since it mentions Italian Battleships, I'm tagging @LawrenceXVIII

6ehlut5newo51.jpg

16 Guns. Low Caliber but that's okay, the Saps is gonna scream DD pizza.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I'd like to tender my apology to Sapperino ( @S4pp3R ).

I made fun of the fact that you wouldn't want to do the proposal for a CW BB line, and I said "you lack imagination".

But WG give us a T10 BB with 4x4 381 mm guns.

I am terribly sorry, because now I feel so unimaginative.

Forgive me, Sapperino.

LOL

Nahh I just didn't want to do it because people don't like paper things and it has the chance to taint the whole proposal in some folks opinion.

I was trying to keep a majority of people on side so my crazier ideas were left in lab.

16 381s is merely power creep by number of guns. Burger has 12, we have 12 457s on Vermont, so 16 381s doesn't seem that bad... ...

Honestly the power creep is real, I honestly would have thought they'd learned their lesson with WoT, at least even a little bit.

But no, each new line apparently has to go completely bananas.

At least we still have AP on RM BBs, that makes me happy.

Snowflakes could be a massive problem and so could the ranked times...

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

93 posts
653 battles

What are these snowflakes people are talking about?

What should I be expecting to see while I'm on my summer holidays?

• Cool 1

[-FUN-]
417 posts
7,063 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

"Increase the maximum skill points a commander can have from 19 to 21"

I wouldn't draw attention to that. It creates the illusion we have more choice. I did the math, with the addition and changing of skills, you'll end up spending more skill points to end up with the same abilities.

Snowflakes... Ok, I suppose its good you can do them in random, I just hope the base XP level is not too high, I'd still like to be able to do them in 1 co-op battle. Seriously, I have a lot of ships, spending more than one battle on each ship is too much, if a match drags out to 20 mins, it will take much too long, and not all those ships are outfitted or have captains ready....

I suspect these as much. A rouse to increase grinding for us players..

*heavy breathing* for angry and frustration

Edited by zergling_

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,374 posts
19,436 battles
8 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Also

They mention a ship in Dockyard

@S0und_Theif @Max_Battle It's going to be Belfast '43, Strasbourg will be the reward Directive.

If they build it, I will come.

Wait.

If I build it, will I come?

Wait.

If they come and let me build it, I will..

Wait.

What was the question?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,374 posts
19,436 battles

Graaaaaaains.

I hate that that is such a lame joke and also that I found it hard to suppress a smile.

Also, great camera awareness skills there guys... :Smile_veryhappy:

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,374 posts
19,436 battles

Nothing about operations... sigh... 

Sad Max is Sad.

Because Coop is lower rewards, even 300 base can be a struggle to get.

I mean imagine Two Brothers and you pick the "wrong way". There are maps where the bots will swarm one direction and if there are a couple of good players in their path, they can be all but melted by the time you reposition.

I would suggest that if the requirement is for over 300 they are basically just using it as a way to force more PvP.

This doesn't worry me overly but being TOLD how to play any given game sucks.

If the requirement is over 300 then most players/ships will need 2x coop to dust off them snowflakes.

But if its "Get 300 Base XP OR a win" that would be fine and would actually represent being GIVEN a choice rather than REMOVING a choice.

• Cool 4

4,674 posts
8,750 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

16 381s is merely power creep by number of guns. Burger has 12, we have 12 457s on Vermont, so 16 381s doesn't seem that bad... ...

Should have expected that one coming, because Venezia.

Also I think I have seen such a design, but not for any modern/post-WNT designs.

This seems like the Conq where WG use a modernized version of a very old, very over engineered, possibly overpowered (for the time), but impossible to build design for a high/top tier ship.

Also the new mode with the map that is a few times larger than the largest existing map makes me hyped. I swear I don't recognize the ships that they show. Maybe mode-only ships? I mean, could be, because they said playera can upgrade their ships during the battle. Missiles plssssssss.
Stop hyping, please, Paladinum. Not good for your brain.

Ranked rework is definitely over engineered.

More sub testing will be on a separate server, just like CV rework test.

The grain joke may be a clue for what the new Halloween mode is. We do have Zikasas, right?

Edited by Paladinum

[NCOTS]
359 posts
10,822 battles
54 minutes ago, CarvinMarvin said:

What are these snowflakes people are talking about?

Get a win (or reach certain amounts of base xp in this case) on your ship and be rewarded once with either coal/steel/containers. https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/11/2019-new-years-celebrations.html this is the one from 2019.

9 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

It's going to be Belfast '43, Strasbourg will be the reward Directive.

Looking forward to Strasbourg, I am too lazy to grind another dockyard.

Seriously the amount of stuffs need to complete in time is too much, its like World of Assignments rather than World of Warships. But at least I can skip the tedious grind here

• Cool 1

4,674 posts
8,750 battles
14 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

World of Making Players Fear of Missing outTM

FTFY.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this