Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

Ok now what?

13 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles

I finally bought Harugumo, but only for the SC. I still hate how lumbering this boat is. And that's the 16th T10 bote.

shot-20_09.23_15_59.08-0665.thumb.jpg.041e7540b42aeab772db943b365905a1.jpg

shot-20_09.23_16_01.25-0628.thumb.jpg.6f21c2d5e8a3a7738ceba2c68d480659.jpg

I have 2 choices with the remaining premium time other than to rebuild my treasury:

1. Grind to Drake (I might get Goliath, but keep it in port other than for SC)
  2. Grind to Saint Louis (I have space camo for that ship, but it has never been used at all for,2 years)

shot-20_09.23_16_15.55-0819.thumb.jpg.6e54ff97f2e0ca2bbdf23c9b1836138e.jpg

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[NCOTS]
364 posts
10,867 battles

Maybe Drake? Saint Louis is really meh

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,241 posts
8,673 battles

Keep going.

Soon you'll get to the last boss screen. 

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
58 posts
25,250 battles

Grind to Saint Louis

Edited by SardineFish
  • Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles
2 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

Maybe Drake? Saint Louis is really meh

Is she though? I thought she should be somewhat better than the nerfed Henri IV, or at least more playable.

[BLESS]
1,198 posts
10,717 battles

Saint louis if you must, out just play what your have and grind captain xp.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
364 posts
10,867 battles
10 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Is she though? I thought she should be somewhat better than the nerfed Henri IV, or at least more playable.

Actually my suggestion should be taken with a grain of salt, since I do not grind the Royal Navy heavies at all. 

So, the reason I recommend Drake is due to her being on the better side among T9 cruiser peers, and Goliath is currently more viable than Henri. 

Saint Louis is indeed not a bad cruiser, the line is a smooth grind along the way but, the T10 has been nuked extra hard with the nerf hammer, so Henri kind of went extinct. In terms of progressing, there's not much point of getting to Henri. Goliath on the other hand, even though she's still unimpressive, is still a solid cruiser with that monster heal, decent concealment compare to Rudder Henri/Legendary Henri, and she can pen Soviet cruisers' deck with HE naturally. 

Back to Saint Louis, I tried both accel+conceal upgrade build & accel+rudder upgrade build during my grind, I prefer the latter as it provides maximum agility. But then I will have a massive 13km detection in a soft skin cruiser with only 7.4k hp per heal. It kind of restricts her to the backline and will provide not much team utility, any mispositions or overextend will result in disasters. But the 18.3km range is decent and the reload booster is good at punishing mistakes, such as an overextended DD, BB who puts out one fire, cruiser that shows broadside. But I feel like her optimum engagement distance, which lies around 14km to 18.3km(her maximum range) is dangerously close for that squishy hull. So playing Saint Louis requires a lot of concentration, but in return she's just a normal HE spammer with even less tactical choices thanks to the above average detection. 

Drake on paper looks better than Saint Louis IMO, even though her range is short, she can bump it up to 19.08km briefly with the spotter plane, her hull and heal that recovers 24k per pop makes her quite sturdy in her optimum engagement distance, her concealment of 10.4km also provides her with more tactical flexibility, which allows her to extend near the cap zone and support the DDs. Not to mention the 234mm guns' alpha strike. But the grind along the line looks horrendous *stares at Hawkins & Albemarle* 

The above is just my 2 cents regarding both cruisers, but all in all, your personal preferences matters the most. On the other hand optimum engagement distance seems like a good topic

• Cool 3

[151ST]
2,506 posts
10,201 battles

Yeah I 100% agree with @rookieFTW...

Drake is a monster and if you can handle her, she rewards skilled generalist play.

I think at one point I was top 10 on Asia for her, so I find her very comfy, so much so that she now has a beautiful Epoch frock to wear around.

Get Drake at the very least. Get Goliath after that if you feel but TBH I'd just unlock and leave her, Drake is just a good ship.

Start saving for USN and RM BB grinds?

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles
1 hour ago, rookieFTW said:

- snip -

Well yeah that's why I aim for Saint-Louis rather than Henri IV. And of course without the permanent camo, playing T10 ship is very costly.

As for Drake, my only problem is the relatively floaty shells. I might get used to it though.

17 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Get Drake at the very least. Get Goliath after that if you feel but TBH I'd just unlock and leave her, Drake is just a good ship.

Start saving for USN and RM BB grinds?

After I read the announcement about snowflakes, I might have fewer reason to get Goliath. The silly-looking bridge is horrible to look at.

I'm not too interested with the USN BB, I will see what the RM offers.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles

My opinion,
Since you don't have Drake camo, go for the Drake grind.

You have St. Louis bionic camo. You can have +100% XP in every battle. Makes the grind a bit forgiving.

Play perspective is a different story. They both play differently.

[NCOTS]
364 posts
10,867 battles
2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well yeah that's why I aim for Saint-Louis rather than Henri IV.

If that's the plan feel free to go for Saint Louis. Her thicc thighs reload booster and ability to achieve 40+ knots are unique among peers

2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

The silly-looking bridge is horrible to look at.

High tier Royal Navy ships' boxy bridge is really weird-looking

[LBAS]
4,793 posts
10,869 battles

I'm sore loser 

even I hardcore playing never change the result 

I ever make 280k damage on co-op and taken 7 kills

shot-20.09.24_23.48.21-0611.jpg

Sign in to follow this