Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
devil667

General incompetence of WG

11 comments in this topic

[FISH]
162 posts
31,285 battles

Started the Stage 4 Task 6 of the Epoch campaign, where I had to get 540k potential damage with Mogami or some other ships.

Had a quick 48k damage game with a million potential damage, and the progress of that mission advanced by 39000 or so. Initially couldn't figure out how they got to that number, but it turns out its my main battery damage [rest being torp].

Seriously, why do WG keep shoving half cooked content all the time? They can't even be bothered to test and rectify simple bugs and errors, every week there is a new one, its either to do with some bonus code or some random desync/logout or random mission details. What are the devs so busy with that they can't even iron out simple bugs or erroneous captions? Not like they spend any time with balancing ship capabilities, nor do they seem to work in game optimization or improving any important aspect of it..

Only the designer section of Devs seem to do any actual work, thats basically the graphical design of ships and all. And rest pretend to do things that no one asked for or ever wanted! WGC for one, its a frigging nightmare of a program and a definite security hazard. Then the HD sound rework that I keep on reading about in every changelog, whats the point of that without fixing the core mechanics of the game first?

[SMOKE]
1,928 posts
16,057 battles

I am thinking , is it not the potential damage taken figure about all the potential shells and torp that got within 700M of your ship but not hitting you ... nothing to do with your own guns or torp or how much damage you had done to the enemy, its about how much the enemy can ( potentially ) done to you 

Or does the mission ask for potential damage you deal to enemy , if so Torp that are way off that 700M mark would not be counted, same for shells

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,378 posts
19,445 battles

I just came across this.

Well confirmed it.

So it should say DO 540k damage with main guns?

• Cool 1

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
8 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I just came across this.

Well confirmed it.

So it should say DO 540k damage with main guns?

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,928 posts
16,057 battles

That's a pretty big mistake here ... receiving potential damage is clearly having nothing to do with dealing damage ( with main guns )

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles

According to WG Staff / WG admin, fix will be implemented on 0.9.9.

Until then, just take note that it is 540,000 damage and not 540,000 potential damage.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
59 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Until then, just take note that it is 540,000 damage and not 540,000 potential damage.

54k damage by main guns from Wichita, Helena, Fiji, Edinburgh and/or Mogami.

This isn't the first time WG screwed up words. Dev Blog posts and articles on the website sometimes cause confusion, many many times before.

They really need to hire better localization personel.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

54k damage by main guns from Wichita, Helena, Fiji, Edinburgh and/or Mogami.

Ah, I forgot that there is also ship condition / limitation.

My bad on that part.

Thanks for adding them.

:Smile_medal:

6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

This isn't the first time WG screwed up words. Dev Blog posts and articles on the website sometimes cause confusion, many many times before.

Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong within the WG organization (possibly even a power struggle) that they can not find or hire the right person to do the job.

[-ISO-]
1,059 posts
6,286 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

They don't have the time to. Wargaming have so much unfinished things in their disposal to deal with. 

• Cool 1

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
3 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

They don't have the time to. Wargaming have so much unfinished things in their disposal to deal with. 

You mean "unnecessary and/or pointless" things?

Edited by Paladinum

[-ISO-]
1,059 posts
6,286 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

You mean "unnecessary and/or pointless" things?

Yes. 

Sign in to follow this