Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dai_san_gen

after 3 month playing this game i have complicated feelings

14 comments in this topic

[MJ-_-]
13 posts
1,434 battles

every time i win, i end up at 3 bottom player in my team. so i win because my team better than me.

every time i lose, i end up at 3 top player in my team. so i lose because my team worse than me.

[REPOI]
199 posts
12,390 battles
27 minutes ago, dai_san_gen said:

every time i win, i end up at 3 bottom player in my team. so i win because my team better than me.
every time i lose, i end up at 3 top player in my team. so i lose because my team worse than me.

Sorry to hear that but do you ask youself why this happens? There is a trend in both of your sentences.
What is it you may ask?

Well, you are hanging back in the back line of your team and that's what you have been doing most of the time. But I am sure there is more to it than just that and like yes, it's easier to put the blame on the team rather than looking back on yourself to see what you might be doing wrong,

1) "Everytime I win, I end up at bottom 3 player in my team, so I win because my team better than me", Sorry but no, this case can't be applied to all your win scenrarios only with a few exception of steamrolls. You put yourself in a position where you have low to none battle influence that resulted in the outcome of the battle. You put yourself too far back/in unfavourable positions to do anything which explains your lack of XP/contribution to the team for the victory which is why you are on the bottom 3

2 "Everytime I loose, I end up at top 3 player in my time, so I loose because my team is worse than me", Sorry but no, this can't be applied to all your loss scenarios only with a few exceptions where your team might have threw. But what I can say like from above which I have already mentioned twice I believe is that you put yourself in unfavourable positions where you are too far back to have an impact when your team is engaging which does leave you and a few others alive only. From there, the enemy is coming towards you and maybe a few others that are still alive on your team, and obviously by still being alive, you are still able to deal damage which means more XP compared to the ones on your team that have already died which is why you ended up in the top 3 in a loosing team.

So, from what you said above, it is a you problem. Team? Maybe but the team can't be blamed all the time for all your issues. It is your lack of understanding of the game, the lack of understanding what positions are there where you could have contributed for your team's victory. I mean yeah, no one starts out good, some may be better than others when they start out as they have basic common understanding already which mainly is just common sense, and yeah, this stuff is lacking in the majority of the playerbase.

Considerer looking back on yourself first before putting the blame on others which in your case, its your team. You are unlikely to improve at all if you are just going to push the blame on others.

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,233 posts
8,587 battles

I'm more interested in how OP gained this badge after playing only 3 months...

r41c8Wl.jpg?1

I understand this to mean that player has been shooting botes for 4 years.

Or have I got my wires crossed somewhere?

[REPOI]
199 posts
12,390 battles
5 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I'm more interested in how OP gained this badge after playing only 3 months...

r41c8Wl.jpg?1

I understand this to mean that player has been shooting botes for 4 years.

Or have I got my wires crossed somewhere?

He could have made an account back then, time to time come back for a few games and go inactive,
OP only started actively playing in the last 3 months I think
image.png.2d258b1c138d46d3299bea753cba9e90.png

• Cool 1

[MJ-_-]
13 posts
1,434 battles
6 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

He could have made an account back then, time to time come back for a few games and go inactive,
OP only started actively playing in the last 3 months I think
image.png.2d258b1c138d46d3299bea753cba9e90.png

play about 200 coop game in 2016 because my friend invite me than not playing again until 2020. the number of my battle make sense

Edited by dai_san_gen
spelling

[MJ-_-]
13 posts
1,434 battles
24 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

Sorry to hear that but do you ask youself why this happens? There is a trend in both of your sentences.
What is it you may ask?

Well, you are hanging back in the back line of your team and that's what you have been doing most of the time. But I am sure there is more to it than just that and like yes, it's easier to put the blame on the team rather than looking back on yourself to see what you might be doing wrong,

1) "Everytime I win, I end up at bottom 3 player in my team, so I win because my team better than me", Sorry but no, this case can't be applied to all your win scenrarios only with a few exception of steamrolls. You put yourself in a position where you have low to none battle influence that resulted in the outcome of the battle. You put yourself too far back/in unfavourable positions to do anything which explains your lack of XP/contribution to the team for the victory which is why you are on the bottom 3

2 "Everytime I loose, I end up at top 3 player in my time, so I loose because my team is worse than me", Sorry but no, this can't be applied to all your loss scenarios only with a few exceptions where your team might have threw. But what I can say like from above which I have already mentioned twice I believe is that you put yourself in unfavourable positions where you are too far back to have an impact when your team is engaging which does leave you and a few others alive only. From there, the enemy is coming towards you and maybe a few others that are still alive on your team, and obviously by still being alive, you are still able to deal damage which means more XP compared to the ones on your team that have already died which is why you ended up in the top 3 in a loosing team.

So, from what you said above, it is a you problem. Team? Maybe but the team can't be blamed all the time for all your issues. It is your lack of understanding of the game, the lack of understanding what positions are there where you could have contributed for your team's victory. I mean yeah, no one starts out good, some may be better than others when they start out as they have basic common understanding already which mainly is just common sense, and yeah, this stuff is lacking in the majority of the playerbase.

Considerer looking back on yourself first before putting the blame on others which in your case, its your team. You are unlikely to improve at all if you are just going to push the blame on others.

yeah perhaps this, my tendency to camping behind island maybe contributing to this

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,233 posts
8,587 battles
1 hour ago, dai_san_gen said:

play about 200 coop game in 2016 because my friend invite me than not playing again until 2020. the number of my battle make sense

That's a long time between drinks..

The only advice I can offer is ~ don't rush up the tiers. The game is not a race to tier10.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,759 posts
12,336 battles

It should be noted that having a better score does not mean you are automatically "more skilled" than the rest of the team.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you are better under certain circumstances.

For instance. If  I hang near the back, eventually, without my help, the enemy pushes forward, sinks some of my allies and force me to run, easy enough because I am near the back.

I'm able to successfully kite them across half the map, earning XP as I go, if not actually helping the team win.

Sometimes, merely staying alive long enough allows you to get more xp. It happens a lot with HE spammers, who can rain hurt down on ships, but not necessarily sink them.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,039 posts
20,239 battles

Just play selfishly. I was playing pvp over the weekend just to finish some noxious campaign missions and I was just playing just to farm potential damage. And amazingly my performance improved. To the point where I beat drakon on the standings in our match loss. >_>

Late addendum:
Let me put this succinctly: the game has many, many, many issues. My suggestion is unless you are a masochist, do not be afraid to abandon the game and find some other more interesting game.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[SMOKE]
1,905 posts
15,910 battles
17 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

It should be noted that having a better score does not mean you are automatically "more skilled" than the rest of the team.

•••

Unfortunately the game mechanisms and reward goes against playing the play , just as other had stated playing selfish rewards , but mostly in turn do not benefit the team , but when one play to benefit the team one is always in firing lane and doing mostly non rewarding tasks ... the game do not reward me for torping into flank and area to deny enemy advance but at the same time penalize me by placing me in grief danger and you can add your own ... in the end each and everyone learn only to stay safe and be selfish

A very real good sample on hand - last night I was on my T10 Asian DD , YY and play some , a game end in victory and complement and good praise to my play in chat but what , I end up Negative on the Credit cause I go out screening spotting deny enemy by torping into Area and solo out to scout and do all the right thing ,Yes it's a victory but with only minimal damage dealing that is what come to be. What the game tell me is that the game do not care if you do all the right thing and win. I will be and most likely could be better off just staying back spam my gun and come out a defeat and yet I can earn at least my share ..... now go figure 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 2

Administrator, WG Staff
188 posts
On 9/20/2020 at 5:14 AM, dai_san_gen said:

Give yourself time to learn 🙂 I promise that it's worth it. Honestly, I started playing the game about 5 months ago and the thing that has helped me the most is getting plugged into a good clan and meeting mentors. The SEA community can be super kind and friendly to newcomers (which I sincerely appreciate). See if you can find any new homies to div with :cap_horn: That will help you learn!

Thanks to everyone who responding with advice and constructive criticism. Y'all are helping ME get better at the game. 

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,751 battles

You can always try again after each match. Utilise that fact to your advantage.

The fastest way to learn is to fail. So try out dumb stuff and learn where you can, and where you can't.

[MRI]
3,501 posts
15,129 battles

Whatever you were doing, you probably had very little influence in the battle.

If I were to hazard a guess, it is probably because you were playing a bit too safely by camping in the back or behind an island all day.

That is why you have a poor score when your team wins (because you were in a poor position to do damage that would have influenced the match), but have a good score when you lose (because you were alive longer and have more health leftover to damage and kill off injured enemies when the match is already decided, ie your damage was useless).

Nobody said WoWs is an easy game. Give yourself time to learn. Failure is ok as long as you learn something out of it. You can always post your replays if you need someone to point out your mistakes.

Edited by Thyaliad

[151ST]
2,460 posts
10,160 battles

The two biggest things you need to learn are aim and positioning.

Aim can be fairly easy if ships are sailing straight but gets harder when they start dodging. This is something that improves over time and gets more complicated depending on shell type. If you aren't landing many good shots, usually it's aim (although RNG can troll you on individual salvos, particularly at lower tiers).

If this is something you are struggling with, just keep trying to get better. A good starting point is always try to do your ships HP in damage. Many players struggle to do that, so if you can get there consistently, you know your aim is improving.

Positioning is the hardest thing to learn and something that you will continue to work on for as long as you play. Good positioning means giving the maximum combat effectiveness while staying alive. Combat effectiveness can mean damage or it can mean power projection (i.e. spotting by a DD or pushing with a BB). The key is to not throw your life away.

For positioning, try to be in places where your guns are effective but have an exit strategy. The best players in the game are thinking 2, 3 and 4 minutes ahead of now and planning on how to get there. They are also doing so knowing which engagements to make and aren't risking 50-50s.

Even a BB drive-by on another BB, I avoid unless it's 70% or better chance of winning the exchange. I increase these chances by not rushing ships with torps, angling perfectly and timing my salvo to hit their broadside (not too early). I also plan on how I get away with it (how I survive after the drive by). Or by doing that drive by, my teams chance of winning is higher even if I die, than if I had not.

Always play to win. Some may suggest just farming damage, cool, whatevs, ignore them. I would rather have an extra 1% Win Rate than 20k more average damage.

Sign in to follow this