Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Halland captain skills advice

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

635
[BLESS]
Member
1,186 posts
10,653 battles

I guess this will all go to nothing since the skill list will completely change soon, but I'm wondering if you guys think there is any point on a gunboat build for Halland?

Basic build is PT/PM - LS - SE - CE, then you fill out the 3 point skills SI and TAE, then PT/PM and AR for the last 2.

The only real option in my mind is to swap SI for BFT. The stock guns are basically Friesland-grade, the question is whether you want to use them with no smoke to hide in.

I suspect the answer is "no".

****

Incidentally, the little details of the turrets/guns are all different between Friesland, Halland, and Ostergotland. Ostergotland rotation is 2.5 times slower, but the weapons have the lowest dispersion for example. Halland base reload is 10% slower than Friesland, but the dispersion is better. Friesland gets 2km more range than Halland.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[ANZAF]
Member
414 posts
5,942 battles

I went torp build. PT, LS, Torp reload, CE, RPF (will get AR next then SE) - play it a little more passively to as the downside to getting more torps out until I get to 19.

Shells are pretty floaty at range, though the rapid fire does let you dial in reasonably quickly. 

Extra range will let you be much more easily spotted in a big, no smoke, not very agile and slow DD. 

Gun build might also be a bit dicey when the turret HP change is introduced, lose a turret and its half your DPM gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,396
[151ST]
Member
2,460 posts
10,160 battles

I'd go something like...

PM

LS, AR

SE, SI

CE, RL

I'd run gun mods, torps are good enough as is, you don't need more speed or reload on them, whereas guns and HP may save your life... What are you most likely to get done by, not having enough torp reload or needing more HP/gun performance?

RL I love, it's super strong, but I'd maybe swap it out for DE+PT or BFT+PT

But I don't have Halland, I'm not a big DD player and @Drakon233 is a much better player than I.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[BLESS]
Member
1,186 posts
10,653 battles
On 9/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, S4pp3R said:

I'd run gun mods, torps are good enough as is, you don't need more speed or reload on them, whereas guns and HP may save your life... 

RL I love, it's super strong, but I'd maybe swap it out for DE+PT or BFT+PT

This is the thing. There are only so many good opportunities per game for launching torps. If you're torps are ready for 90% of those chances, boosting the reload isn't helping you much. On the other hand, when you are in a gunfight 10% or 20% more DPM is life-and-death difference.

RL (RPF) I've given up on. I found as I got better as a DD player I relied on it less and less and eventually its just not worth the points.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×