You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Miki614_

ST guys, really?

40 comments in this topic

[CORAL]
6 posts
10,357 battles

So WG gives you guys ST ships and you end up like this? 

Midnight 6 KITAKAMI? And whenever you guys get a kill, this kageroojumpjump boy send well play in all people.

Is that proper for a ST?

I dont think so.

QQ截图20200918211858.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,122 posts
7,648 battles

ST players are NOT meant to do this. Well that was 3yrs ago when I was last a STer

I can how ever see the funny side.

• Cool 1

[CORAL]
6 posts
10,357 battles
35 分鐘前,BigWaveSurfer 說:

ST players are NOT meant to do this. Well that was 3yrs ago when I was last a STer

I can how ever see the funny side.

Ofc its funny. I have to ask my friends their conceal, torp range, torp speed. My teammates were asking by typing as well. Super funny.

I mean, they can come out like this. They have the right to do so. They enjoyed it, obviously. But all the others didnt have such a great experience.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,485 posts
10,187 battles

I hope that this sort of thing kills off Kitakami as an idea.

I'm sorry but she doesn't belong in the game IMO.

I've been suspecting for some time that WG simply misunderstand the idea of a meme.

People use Kita references as a joke, a meme, they don't actually want the thing in game. And if they say they do, they're wrong.

• Cool 3

Administrator, WG Staff
193 posts

Hey guys, 

Give me a chance to investigate this, but thank you for sharing this on the forums. 

Sail

• Cool 5

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
5,589 battles
59 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I hope that this sort of thing kills off Kitakami as an idea.

I'm sorry but she doesn't belong in the game IMO.

I've been suspecting for some time that WG simply misunderstand the idea of a meme.

People use Kita references as a joke, a meme, they don't actually want the thing in game. And if they say they do, they're wrong.

Kita was a mistake long time ago.

Never in my life I've seen a 6 guys in a Kitakami. Its downright unbalance.

• Cool 4

[TDA]
Super Tester_
428 posts
10,557 battles

It's really disgusting for them to do that.

I'm really sorry that this happened to you and your team.

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,107 posts
16,050 battles

This is exactly why so many people left the game originally 5 years ago, & i also almost left....  Divs of them were killing the maps, because they would paralyze half of it, with solid torp walls..

If WG really wants everyone to burst blood vessels, & rage quit permenantly, then by all means bring kitakami back....  The CV rework did a good job at losing some of the player base, why not destroy it even more with kitakami returning???

Its a broken idea, let it stay in the rubbish bin, where it was put 5 years ago....

Ordrazz

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,485 posts
10,187 battles

I suspect that there may be some ST slots opening up... WG asked folks not to div up in Kitakami divs.

Either way I don't think they should be punished for testing like this, if anything it merely demonstrates how silly the ship is in a game sense.

[CLAY]
2,772 posts
12,373 battles

Didn’t do their own team much good. Surprised there weren’t any team kills.

She’s ultimately a T4 cruiser. Little utility beyond the torpedos. This is where matchmaker needs to step up and realise that just because something is classified as a cruiser, doesn’t make it equal to other cruisers.

• Cool 3

[NCOTS]
359 posts
10,822 battles

Quite a meme-worthy MM, allowing 8 T10 cruisers in match, but 6 of them are the same ship from 2 divs

• Cool 2

4,674 posts
8,750 battles

1. Don't think STs should be allow to div with other STs. I mean test ships shouldn't been allowed to div with test ships.

2. Thus, this can be understood as a griefer/troll div, like all the other memetic divs we know so far, like CV anchoring 788 or Musashi/Graf Zep.

3. MM did a dumb and a dump. 2 Divs with 5 guys from the same clan (PANTS). Yeah, this is why I keep complaining about ship distribution by the MM. It's stoooooopeed.

1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

*snipped*

Kitakami's balance depends upon the type of torpedoes. Give the ship Type F3 pls :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

1. Don't think STs should be allow to div with other STs. I mean test ships shouldn't been allowed to div with test ships.

2. Thus, this can be understood as a griefer/troll div, like all the other memetic divs we know so far, like CV anchoring 788 or Musashi/Graf Zep.

3. MM did a dumb and a dump. 2 Divs with 5 guys from the same clan (PANTS). Yeah, this is why I keep complaining about ship distribution by the MM. It's stoooooopeed.

Kitakami's balance depends upon the type of torpedoes. Give the ship Type F3 pls :Smile_glasses:

1. I disagree, they should be able to so they can actually understand how test ships function in divs together.

2. This is a griefer-troll tactic but this sort of thing is stress testing extreme conditions that we see in game, we need to know how these things work in these conditions.

3. 100% although PANTS in normal ships would mince their opposition, if it was 6x 151ST, I can guarantee you it only means you have at least 6 semi-potatoes, not 6 full potatoes...

(I don't have any issue with sync drops, most of the time you vs your friends rather than play with them).

Edited by S4pp3R

4,674 posts
8,750 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

2. This is a griefer-troll tactic but this sort of thing is stress testing extreme conditions that we see in game, we need to know how these things work in these conditions.

Yeah and WG should be learning from this mess. This is just awful.

F3! F3! F3! F3! F3! 

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,238 posts
8,660 battles

To test things properly, you often have to use extreme circumstances. Don't forget, the potatoes who play this are gonna do some crazy shit. So crazy things are done to replicate actual conditions.

A test failing does not necessarily mean a bad result.

It could be said that the STs proved that this ship has drawbacks in it's current form. So if that is the case, test has achieved positive outcomes.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles

The F11 spam is not really a problem for ST only. I've had a lot of games recently where these spammers also play tech tree ship. They get my report although they actually help me to win.

As for the Kitakami divs, I'd agree as the others said. If the maximum potential is not tested properly, the ship's OP side could have passed the testing stage unnoticed. Yeah Smolensk happened, but we know WG loves Russian Bias.

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,238 posts
8,660 battles

And having all the Kita on the same team gives an indication that something is screwy with the MM algorithm for that ship, thus another result for devs to possibly look at.

[NCOTS]
359 posts
10,822 battles
6 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

And having all the Kita on the same team gives an indication that something is screwy with the MM algorithm for that ship, thus another result for devs to possibly look at

Holy...I thought it's a coincidence, thanks for pointing this out.

Always saw 2 Kitas on the enemy team vs my poor yuugumo/östergötland teammates, and Kitakazes absolutely screw poor Yuugumos in cap fights

[LBAS]
1,782 posts
3,485 battles

this is the reason exactly why we need RTS Yamashiro..... 

Yamashiro could launch plane to detect Kitakami or sending torpedo plane to unsuspicious smoke....

BOOM

Yamashiro is the answer for BB player who hate CV and DD at the same time...

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,771 posts
13,859 battles

what have they doneeeeeeee

72917113_414811876107168_8371508524013846528_n.jpg.10aac8f10cd90321aa54fd9e41b2f011.jpg

[ANZAC]
517 posts
18,417 battles

And you have to ask why so 1 clan has so many STs. 6 from one clan, out of 50? 

[REPOI]
Senior Moderator, Alpha Tester, ST Coordinator, Privateer, Clantest Coordinator, Super Tester_
477 posts
5,060 battles
5 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

And you have to ask why so 1 clan has so many STs. 6 from one clan, out of 50? 

PANTS is CST clan, you can read more about CST here.

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,751 battles

Is it that bad when torps can't go over islands?

They would have very little to no gun power.

And most cruisers have hydro, to lead a push.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,310 posts
11,024 battles

It's not a surprise they lost!  Kita seems extremely weak, and that looks like a CV's dream match making...

At first glance, ST's taking out multiples of the same super test ship in div seems like not a great idea, but I guess that needs to be tested as well.  I'm not going to be particularly critical of a full Kitakami div, I think that can give valuable test info for WG, however sync dropping two full divs of the same ship like this is pretty unacceptable. 

In this case, they are just showing up how weak the Kitakami is.  I'm still not sure how I feel about the ship.  The idea of playing it seems fun, who could not like the idea of throwing out obscene amounts of torpedoes!  In my experience though, the unreliability of torp boats can be quite annoying, and in general a torpedo ship does much less damage on average than a gun based ship.  So is Kitakami going to be balanced to do much less damage than any other T10 cruiser?  If so it will be frustrating to play and a detriment to your team - remember Kitakami has only damage, it severely lacks utility.  Or will it be balanced so that it does as much damage on average as other T10 cruisers, in which case (because her guns are basically non-existent) she will be doing a whole lot of torp damage, which because of the unreliability of torps, is likely to mean a not particularly fun experience for the people on the receiving end.  Remember torps get you killed as much by vectoring ships into places they don't want to be, or by making ships turn to be vulnerable to AP salvos, as they do from direct damage. 

Personally, the only time I've played in a game with a triple Kitakami div being supertested I was in their team in the Midway, and in the second half of the battle I pushed my CV up aggressively (safely though into the island cover of North A cap, our team was in a dominant position), and one of the Kitakami's kept pinging me to get back.  I of course put my ship where I thought was best, so he torped me and hit me with six torps.  I was surprised...  Not that it affected my battle, it didn't do that much damage being friendly torps, and we'd already gone most of the way to winning the game.

• Cool 2