You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ragedit

Advice for Tier V-VI?

8 comments in this topic

9 posts
663 battles

Hello all.

I've just started playing a while ago and would like some advice on how to play better. I'm currently on tier V mostly (Acasta, Furutaka, Omaha, Emerald, Danae) and tier VI (Farragut, Dallas, Warspite), and I keep getting wrecked by silly mistakes (overextending, getting torped close range by DD while trying to cap, etc). Does anyone have any advice on the playstyles of these ships? I probably won't go to tier VII until I improve myself, so any help or tip will be very much appreciated.

• Cool 1

9 posts
663 battles
1 minute ago, Manacetamol said:

I didn't know Flamu made those kinds of guides, thank you!

• Cool 1

60 posts
1 hour ago, Ragedit said:

so any help or tip will be very much appreciated.

You can search for more on the WorldofWarships NA forum

[NFB]
1,335 posts
14,205 battles
1 hour ago, Ragedit said:

Does anyone have any advice on the playstyles of these ships?

There are plenty of videos and posts, try Google "World of Warships how to [insert ship name]".

If you have more specific questions about a particular ship or class ship, just ask. But it would be hard to write a meaningful post that covers 10 T5/6 DD, cruiser and BB.

[SMOKE]
1,905 posts
15,910 battles

at current state of game .. and at Tier V / VI its down to working with the team on AA ( most simply do not had the might of AA to survive alone ) and the need to group ... just sitting , sniping, camping or the reverse, charging, flanking, and yolo out do not work well ... mid tier is where the game really teach and require teamwork especially if you are up tiered by ships of T7 / T8. One of the key to hold for victory is not to try to better your own hunt / kill / damage dealing but look to improve how you can help others to go offensive / defensive on your group , especially if you are on a Cruiser, that's the Cruisers' duty

Edited by Mechfori

[151ST]
2,460 posts
10,160 battles
5 hours ago, Ragedit said:

Hello all.

I've just started playing a while ago and would like some advice on how to play better. I'm currently on tier V mostly (Acasta, Furutaka, Omaha, Emerald, Danae) and tier VI (Farragut, Dallas, Warspite), and I keep getting wrecked by silly mistakes (overextending, getting torped close range by DD while trying to cap, etc). Does anyone have any advice on the playstyles of these ships? I probably won't go to tier VII until I improve myself, so any help or tip will be very much appreciated.

There are so many bits of advice that your best bet is google.

A couple from me though...

- Focus on a ship type, particularly play style type. A good example is IJN CAs (Japanese Heavy Cruisers) and KM CAs (German Heavy Cruisers). Both have similar playstyles from around Tier 6-7, being open water and at their max range.

- If you are on your own, you are positioned poorly, being alone is basically suicide unless you know what you're doing.

- DDs (Destroyers) are very hard to play and even harder to play well, I recommend focusing on a different class for your first lines.

- Showing broadside to an enemy BB (Battleship) or a well played CL/CA (Light Cruiser/Heavy Cruiser) is asking to be deleted or at least punished to within an inch of your life. If you aren't, you likely aren't vsing experienced players.

- As a rule, HE is for angled targets and aim at deck or higher, particularly the big chunky tower and smoke stacks on BBs.

- AP is for broadsides, however the smaller caliber your guns, the less effective against targets in a bigger class than you, if you don't know how to aim.

- Don't use a DCP on just one fire if the enemy is likely just going to start another one, save it for 2 (most of the time), depends on circumstances.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

9 posts
663 battles

Thank you everyone who replied to this topic! I will take your suggestions, and hopefully improve myself in-game. I really appreciate them all!