Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

In-Depth - Commonwealth Cruiser Line [proposal] - Commonwealth Series Part 3

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles

G'day folks...

Cruisers are finally here... Premiums -should- be just around the corner.

As usual all the YouTube and Reddit loves, comments and all are appreciated, with any discussion welcome anywhere and the more in-depth you go on points, the more I will do so in response.

Hope you enjoy it!!!

 

 

 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,328
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,609 posts
40,949 battles

5 years already, common

Bring the CW CLs now :etc_red_button:

Need more CW DDs :etc_red_button:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
Member
132 posts
19,080 battles

thanks for the work @S4pp3R 

Hey Wargaming, it would be nice to have more Commonwealth ships in the line 🙂

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
5 minutes ago, LargerNeptune3 said:

thanks for the work @S4pp3R 

Hey Wargaming, it would be nice to have more Commonwealth ships in the line 🙂

Yeah not to mention IMO Mysore just looks like lazy copy paste.

But I'll still probs get it, I mean it's Commonwealth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
17 minutes ago, Manacetamol said:

5 years already, common

Bring the CW CLs now :etc_red_button:

Need more CW DDs :etc_red_button:

100%!

It still blows my mind we got KM CVs and SN BBs before Commonwealth DDs let alone CLs.

What the actual @$^%! WG...:Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles

Hehe... :Smile_trollface: Paladinum has arrived :Smile_trollface:

 

Bellona would 90% not be in the tech tree. Where's Atlanta/Juneau/Oakland-subclass in the US CL line?

Tiger is a gimmicky ship, even in RL design. She's as fitting as Friesland in the EU DD line. I mean, she's like the CR version of Friesland! The ship lacks main guns comparing to Swiftsure, heck even Bellona. Also no torp tubes? She can be an interesting pre-/freemium (if WG want to give her very long range AA and some consumable gimmicks), but in this line where other ships have numerous main guns and torps? Sorry, but I have doubts.

Swiftsure and the T10 ship, I have have no problem with them. Also isn't there a Bellerophon in the game already? Get creative and pick a different name, pl0x :Smile_trollface: 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
23 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Hehe... :Smile_trollface: Paladinum has arrived :Smile_trollface:

 

Bellona would 90% not be in the tech tree. Where's Atlanta/Juneau/Oakland-subclass in the US CL line?

Tiger is a gimmicky ship, even in RL design. She's as fitting as Friesland in the EU DD line. I mean, she's like the CR version of Friesland! The ship lacks main guns comparing to Swiftsure, heck even Bellona. Also no torp tubes? She can be an interesting pre-/freemium (if WG want to give her very long range AA and some consumable gimmicks), but in this line where other ships have numerous main guns and torps? Sorry, but I have doubts.

Swiftsure and the T10 ship, I have have no problem with them. Also isn't there a Bellerophon in the game already? Get creative and pick a different name, pl0x :Smile_trollface: 

Tiger would be a 3x3 152 variant... It's just based on Tiger... As I was watching it for QA I realised I didn't cover off on that well enough but yeah, think modified Tiger.

Bellerophon, yeah I remembered the T3 as I was doing lowbie camp missions recently, was to far gone in editing to change and there are precedents, WeeVee 41, Belfast 43, Daring class Vampire if it came, even for some Lyon/Lion (yes yes I know, not the same but similar enough).

And don't even get me started on your hull arguments...

Harugumo, Khaba, Smolensk, etc etc...

Edited by S4pp3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
36 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Tiger would be a 3x3 152 variant... It's just based on Tiger...

Well I didn't really watch the video, just skipping through frames. Big Oof on my part.

Me personally would like to see a 3x4 variant of Town-class (Edinbruh, Payfast) as T10 (because why not :Smile_trollface:), the T8 can be any 3x3 design of choice, T9 is CW Neptune.

No short-fused AP-only CRs, thanks but no thanks, WG.

 

36 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Bellerophon, yeah I remembered the T3 as I was doing lowbie camp missions recently, was to far gone in editing to change and there are precedents, WeeVee 41, Belfast 43, Daring class Vampire if it came, even for some Lyon/Lion (yes yes I know, not the same but similar enough).

However, the WV 41 and Belfast 43 are uptiered clones of what-should-be-WV-1944 and T7 Payfast. Modified clones. We're talking about 2 completely different designs here, one is a top tier CR and another is the first ship of a BB line. T3 Vampire and Daring Vampire are the same, 2 completely different designs.

I think "Bellerophon" is an RN naming convention, not RAN/RNZN convention?

BRB going to search for cities in CW nations. India counts, right?

 

HMAS Wollongong anyone? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
24 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Well I didn't really watch the video, just skipping through frames. Big Oof on my part.

Me personally would like to see a 3x4 variant of Town-class (Edinbruh, Payfast) as T10 (because why not :Smile_trollface:), the T8 can be any 3x3 design of choice, T9 is CW Neptune.

No short-fused AP-only CRs, thanks but no thanks, WG.

 

However, the WV 41 and Belfast 43 are uptiered clones of what-should-be-WV-1944 and T7 Payfast. Modified clones. We're talking about 2 completely different designs here, one is a top tier CR and another is the first ship of a BB line. T3 Vampire and Daring Vampire are the same, 2 completely different designs.

I think "Bellerophon" is an RN naming convention, not RAN/RNZN convention?

BRB going to search for cities in CW nations. India counts, right?

 

HMAS Wollongong anyone? :Smile_trollface:

Oh I'm fine with that, I'm not fixed on any name particularly.

I just used it as it was the first one I came across and was like 'yep that'll do'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
7 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Oh I'm fine with that, I'm not fixed on any name particularly.

I just used it as it was the first one I came across and was like 'yep that'll do'

Petition to name the T10 CW CR "Wollongong".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Petition to name the T10 CW CR "Wollongong".

Please no...

Queenstown, Wellington or even Toronto would be better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Please no...

Queenstown, Wellington or even Toronto would be better...

I thought you're okay with it? "Oh I'm fine with that, I'm not fixed on any name particularly"?

1258491257_laugh2.jpg.105b7086b5bff95474895e3c5688f830.jpg

 

Okay now you should move on to CW BB line.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[TF44]
[TF44]
Member
275 posts
18,517 battles

G'day S4pp3r,

Great presentation!

Congratulations on bringing home this project. It contains very impressive research and lots of hard yakka.

Cheers Mate 👍

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles

@Captain_Idi_Kraken and @Taipan17 thanks guys...

Still got a premiums video to do with at least a nice spread (most you can see in the original overview video) of nations and types but almost at the end... (Audio has been recorded, now gott get all the bells and whistles done).

@Paladinum No BB line... I'd love one but that's as imagined as KM CVs or most of the Soviet Navy - kek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
5 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

@Paladinum No BB line... I'd love one but that's as imagined as KM CVs or most of the Soviet Navy - kek

WG pulling out 2 lines of VMF CVs:

tenor.gif?itemid=16618180

 

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
[151ST]
Member
2,485 posts
10,187 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG be like:

tenor.gif?itemid=16618180

 

:Smile_trollface:

But Commonwealth CLs would be too close in design to Royal Navy... ... ... ... ...

WeeGee logic... ... ... Blows my mind sometimes.

KM CVs before RM BBs... What the actual _________________________________!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
Member
4,674 posts
8,750 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

KM CVs before RM BBs... What the actual _________________________________!!!!!

Tbh, CW DDs should have been added before Bias BBs. That would be such an easy line to make too.

CW CR line is a bit harder, but they have the RN CLs and CAs now. And Plymouth. And Mysore.

Then EU CRs because that is totally a real line. Totally.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×