Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lettheskyfall

Thank you for all of you, especially the block language players

38 comments in this topic

[MALD]
61 posts
5,063 battles

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who helped dropped my Pommern PR by 150 in the span of three days.52628870_.thumb.jpg.3533b67e920692db8664c057f3c3a6bf.jpg

Average damage decreased from 85k to 80k

Winrate went from 63+% to 60%

Went from 30 something on the leader board to 58

Clap clap 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 6

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles
1 hour ago, lettheskyfall said:

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who helped dropped my Pommern PR by 150 in the span of three days.52628870_.thumb.jpg.3533b67e920692db8664c057f3c3a6bf.jpg

Clap clap 

what's dropping your PR have to do with box speakers?

boxs speakers can be nice

• Cool 3

[MRI]
3,450 posts
14,846 battles

I am curious why you think box speakers are behind the drop in your PR.

Were the box players not playing 3 days ago?

• Funny 2

[151ST]
64 posts
1,881 battles

If you get caught up in the "numbers game" to the point of rage, the game stops being fun. You shouldn't worry about such things so much. Play and enjoy.

• Cool 7

[AN-DO]
657 posts
9,685 battles

I managed to tank my Halland stats yesterday, keyword there being "I" Sometimes you have a bad run, but as @Davey77 you shouldn't let yourself get too caught up in the numbers or it will ruin the game for you. For most of us gaming is still something we do for fun. I find when I concentrate too hard on those things I play worse than when I just go out and play. If you stress about these things it will have a negative impact on your performance and things snowball from there. Go play something else, another boat or another game even for a bit and then come back, you might just find you end up having some stellar games again.

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,206 posts
8,245 battles
5 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who helped dropped my Pommern PR by 150 in the span of three days.

That's ok. I worked hard to drop your stats, but the reward was worth it.

Organised a DOS attack and contacted some mates who work on the NBN nodes to screw the ping. Even emailed WG HQ to arrange bad RNG, just for you.

Of course everyone constantly checks the leaderboard, so now you're the talk of the town.

PS, Ignore my shyte and ignore the stats. In a weeks time, the numbers will be as important as ashtrays on a motorbike.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,267 posts
18,669 battles
5 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Clap clap 

Don't let others use your account then, DUH!

But seriously, I got these box speakers the other day.

Kind of on the cheap side but they have bluetooth and they are really handy for playing Spotify through my iPad.

#boxspeakerlivesmatter

323507-Product-0-I_6f3c9c11-a073-401f-b362-f3a8dbb1645c_800x800.jpg

• Funny 5

[OAKUM]
2,104 posts
15,812 battles
6 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Clap clap 

unnamed.gif.201a2fc45c6ed2f5f47d11d5502422a7.gif

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[NOOB1]
89 posts
6,216 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

PS, Ignore my shyte and ignore the stats. In a weeks time, the numbers will be as important as ashtrays on a motorbike.

Image result for beer holder on a motorbike ?

Ashtrays are for NooBs ;  a beer holder is where its at - but neither works well with a full face helmet : just saying !

Some people re-engineered over to a coffee holder but I cant how well that works. D

• Funny 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,276 posts
10,838 battles
6 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Thank you for all of you, especially the block language players

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who helped dropped my Pommern PR by 150 in the span of three days.

So you're saying that people who speak other languages don't play as well?  Why would you say that?  All of us on this server are just people playing the game we enjoy, and those of us who are English speakers are no better or worse at the game as a group than any of the other players on our server.  Don't think you are better than someone because of the language you speak or where you come from, it's a particularly unpleasant character trait.

Also, PR is 61% damage, 26% kills per battle, and 13% win rate.  Even if you get a run of bad teams (which happens to us all on occasion), 87% of PR is damage and kills, which are pretty independent of your team.  In fact, I find a poor team often helps you get more kills and damage since there are more enemy ships to damage and kill.

Thus if your PR is dropping, that's your fault, not your teams.  Own it, don't blame other people for your personal inadequacies.  Also, does it really matter?  I like to do well in the game, and always try to win every battle and improve my play, but if things aren't going well for me I'll walk away for a while, and I always look at where I have failed first.  This is the only route to self-improvement.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,666 posts
12,012 battles

That’s not fair. English speakers worked just as hard to lower your stats. Give them some credit.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

4,520 posts
8,621 battles
7 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Doesn't this plus the title make this thread r*c*st?

Like, this is discrimination against certain groups of people based on their culture (language in this case).

Hes guy: "I want to move to English speaking servers because box language in the chat is unplayable" (even though quick commands and minimap ping are enough for battles)

This is Skyfall: "Box speakers ruin my stats" (cannot be proven true, doesn't even have anecdotal evidence, doesn't have a lick of sense, overgeneralization, borderline r*c*sm)

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,331 posts
26,048 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Don't let others use your account then, DUH!

But seriously, I got these box speakers the other day.

Kind of on the cheap side but they have bluetooth and they are really handy for playing Spotify through my iPad.

#boxspeakerlivesmatter

323507-Product-0-I_6f3c9c11-a073-401f-b362-f3a8dbb1645c_800x800.jpg

huh so did i, got a nice edifer M260 that has some really nice base and was dirt cheap

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
188 posts
12,371 battles
7 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Clap clap 

How do ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎ players bring your stats down? Please further elaborate for me. I am having a hard time trying to make sense out of this.
What looks like to me is your your performance is normalising.
I had load and loads of box speakers (Thai, Korean, Japanese, etc), they don't really impact my gameplay at all. Is it because you assume box speakers to be bad? Well yes and no, there are English speakers out there who are as bad as them.

And if ∎∎∎∎∎∎ players are bringing you down, why is mine going up? Yeah DIV play but still, if you are going to have this sort of mentality, you are very unlikely to improve further
image.thumb.png.eb46021a2113ab331f649a6712ed002e.pngimage.thumb.png.7bd40f527cf09b403287bbf84139a469.png
image.thumb.png.096d82a01bef60c3e67b5e842826f059.png
image.thumb.png.3e7612203cd1d94b2cdfb3d5130f1e7b.png

So, if you keep your current mentality up where you would assume ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎ players are bringing your individual performance down, your stats are gonna go down further.

• Cool 1

[ULAG]
319 posts
10,532 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Like, this is discrimination against certain groups of people based on their culture (language in this case).

He can't prove that he is way better than players from other ethnicity, tbh unicums/plebs exists in every country, so it's quite a low quality rant post/bait.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,594 posts
7,352 battles

OP.  The one constant in all your losing games is you.  People need to reflect on what they do before making comments like this topic.

• Cool 2

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
15,339 battles

Looks like your "honeymoon" with the Pommern is over.

Trial period is done, time to face the music?

• Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,156 posts
10,345 battles

Funnily enough I've been having a serious losing streak in Ostergotland these last couple of days. I'm not about to lay blame to any nationality or native language, but some of the teams I've been on recently have been jaw-droppingly useless. Normally I wouldn't care so much but I need wins to count XP towards the last stage of the Strong Willed campaign.

Ostergotland is a tough DD in this environment because it's more of a slow build ship than a quick striker, with very limited ability to protect/help friendly ships outside of situational AA, poor cap contesting skills, and minimal YOLO capacity. If your team is dead set on losing, posting 100k dmg, 100k spotting, and a late game cap or two isn't going to turn the game around.

[BONED]
Beta Tester
69 posts
4,959 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Doesn't this plus the title make this thread r*c*st?

Hes guy: "I want to move to English speaking servers because box language in the chat is unplayable" (even though quick commands and minimap ping are enough for battles)

This is Skyfall: "Box speakers ruin my stats" (cannot be proven true, doesn't even have anecdotal evidence, doesn't have a lick of sense, overgeneralization, borderline r*c*sm)

Ez going there PC principle bro,

Wanting a game where you can communicate freely it's not a hate crime last time I checked,  If WG installed a translation program I would have no issue at all. 

lol!

Edited by The_Hess
typo

4,520 posts
8,621 battles
33 minutes ago, The_Hess said:

Ez going there PC principle bro,

Wanting a game where you can communicate freely it's not a hate crime last time I checked,  If WG installed a translation program I would have no issue at all. 

lol!

No hate crime in your case, but your reason just seems silly to me, that's all. This thread is a different story.

If I don't understand what they say, all the better, so I don't have to take in the salt they sprinkle.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[BONED]
Beta Tester
69 posts
4,959 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

No hate crime in your case, but your reason just seems silly to me, that's all. This thread is a different story.

If I don't understand what they say, all the better, so I don't have to take in the salt they sprinkle.

Coolies fella, I just chill when playing games and love the bants! but I can see your point on salt lol 🙂

4,520 posts
8,621 battles
1 minute ago, The_Hess said:

Coolies fella, I just chill when playing games and love the bants! but I can see your point on salt lol 🙂

I think that WG should just open up server transferring service for a fee. Many other online games do this. Unless there is actually a valid reason (technical limitation, etc.), there is no harm in allowing players to transfer.

[MALD]
61 posts
5,063 battles
4 hours ago, HoChunHao said:

How do ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎ players bring your stats down? Please further elaborate for me. I am having a hard time trying to make sense out of this.
What looks like to me is your your performance is normalising.
I had load and loads of box speakers (Thai, Korean, Japanese, etc), they don't really impact my gameplay at all. Is it because you assume box speakers to be bad? Well yes and no, there are English speakers out there who are as bad as them.

And if ∎∎∎∎∎∎ players are bringing you down, why is mine going up? Yeah DIV play but still, if you are going to have this sort of mentality, you are very unlikely to improve further
image.thumb.png.eb46021a2113ab331f649a6712ed002e.pngimage.thumb.png.7bd40f527cf09b403287bbf84139a469.png
image.thumb.png.096d82a01bef60c3e67b5e842826f059.png
image.thumb.png.3e7612203cd1d94b2cdfb3d5130f1e7b.png

So, if you keep your current mentality up where you would assume ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎ players are bringing your individual performance down, your stats are gonna go down further.

I speak a certain box language so I know its a certain box language of a certain type and yes they have always been there but either MM or just confidential they happened to dominate my MM this weekend. 

No its not normalization because I have played enough games in the Pommern (150) to know the difference between normalization and getting constant steamrolls in a short span of time. 
Yes the WR drops might be normalization but given the dramatic decrease in average damage, it would point to a bigger picture where teams are failing.

I thought a unicum like you should be able to understand this.

Edited by lettheskyfall

[MALD]
61 posts
5,063 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I think that WG should just open up server transferring service for a fee. Many other online games do this. Unless there is actually a valid reason (technical limitation, etc.), there is no harm in allowing players to transfer.

I think its time WG start a new game mode like LoL ranked where they actually tier the player base

Yes we have ranked but if we are honest, our ranked is more of a grind. Throw enough at the wall some will stick.

That way unicums can be paired with unicums and make the game play challenging.

Normal players who have a desire to git gud or semi-professional don't need to be chucked by bots and weekend players 

And those who just want to have fun but seeing ships explode can do that without ruining other peoples games 

Sign in to follow this