Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ramadavy25

Censoring

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
5 posts
1,731 battles

Is there any way to remove the language censoring in wows. Not the toxic words one, but the word that gets boxed. I want to remove that censoring so that i can somewhat understand what my teammate is typing in chat and not get called noob for not knowing the plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[ANZAF]
Member
391 posts
5,680 battles

Its not censoring, it that you don't have that character set enabled on your computer (there is a much more precise way of describing this..... apologies in advance!). 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
5 posts
1,731 battles
9 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

Its not censoring, it that you don't have that character set enabled on your computer (there is a much more precise way of describing this..... apologies in advance!). 

Ah, thanks. I'll try and find out on how to get those characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,915
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,343 posts
26,109 battles

basically your wows client isnt configured to show languages that isnt english if you are using the english client, there's mods that can fix that iirc but you'll have to find them yourself as i never used them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[DDS]
Member
21 posts
9,312 battles

Basically the box languages are Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Thai.

There's a mod in WOWS Steam Discussion pages which uncensored the East-Asian language aka box languages.

You can try look for it there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,306
[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,210 posts
8,368 battles

But once you remove the boxes, via the mod,  the boxes will replace by languages other than Engrish.

Hope you can speak Thai, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean.

And if you can speak all of them, what the hell are you doing wasting your time playing this??

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[DDS]
Member
21 posts
9,312 battles
3 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

But once you remove the boxes, via the mod,  the boxes will replace by languages other than Engrish.

Hope you can speak Thai, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean.

And if you can speak all of them, what the hell are you doing wasting your time playing this??

Working as a part-time interpreter, I do speak English, Mandarin, Japanese and a little bit of Korean.

I don't think playing WOWS is wasting my time lolz.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,306
[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,210 posts
8,368 battles
29 minutes ago, yantajianyun said:

Working as a part-time interpreter, I do speak English, Mandarin, Japanese and a little bit of Korean.

I don't think playing WOWS is wasting my time lolz.

Good. That's works extremely well for you then, as you can use that to your advantage and unite your team via your skills. :cap_horn:

 

However, I naively assumed the OP was an Aussie or Kiwi, whose average knowledge of these other languages is pretty low if not zilch. This would make the mod useless.

 

Being multilingual is not common in Australia and I'd imagined anyone with such a huge skill set wouldn't bother with such pastimes as botes. They'd be addressing the U.N or something.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[STMP]
Member
103 posts
10,588 battles
5 ชั่วโมง ที่ผ่านมา, yantajianyun พูดว่า:

Basically the box languages are Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Thai.

Thai language didn't show as box in English client

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[-CAT-]
Member
2,125 posts
10,885 battles
2 hours ago, yantajianyun said:

Working as a part-time interpreter, I do speak English, Mandarin, Japanese and a little bit of Korean.

I don't think playing WOWS is wasting my time lolz.

That is a nice skill set to have. :Smile_great:

I can only do 2 out of the 4 you have.

I will try to learn the other 2 and some more if time permits.

 

At least you know if people are either good to you or cursing you in the chatbox.

The good thing about box language is, when they curse you, most people would not understand █ █ █ █,  so.....362_subribbon_main_caliber_ricochet.png.c01bb43645cceaad0f02afee28547960.png

As for me, I just don't pay attention such childish behavior. No need to lower one's self to such level just because of a bad game. It's only game.

 

1 hour ago, NineKunG_TH said:

Thai language didn't show as box in English client

You can type Thai alphabet in the chat box? :fish_book:

I do encounter some Vietnamese and Cebuano in the chatbox.

I rarely chat or never chat, but I do say "thank you" in their native language time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator, WG Staff
154 posts

Good morning from WG Austin! :fish_sleep:

Y'all had me worried with the title "Censoring". Thank you to everyone who jumped in with advice. Were you able to come to a solution, @ramadavy25

-Sail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[-CAT-]
Member
2,125 posts
10,885 battles
3 hours ago, mademoisail said:

Good morning from WG Austin! :fish_sleep:

Y'all had me worried with the title "Censoring". Thank you to everyone who jumped in with advice. Were you able to come to a solution, @ramadavy25

-Sail

About that,

Not sure if this is still working but give this a go. Start at post #7


  1. Go to where you install ed WoWS. Find a folder called res
  2. Open locale_config.xml with notepad or something
  3. If you are using English, and want to support Japanese, Edit this particular row into something that I bolded. (For other languages just chan ge it accordingly )

 

<locale_config>
    <locale_id>en</locale_id>
    <text_path>../res/texts</text_path>
    <text_domain>global</text_domain>
    <!-- acceptLang is comma delimited ordered list of language codes without any whitespace that will be used in the "Accept-Language" HTTP header. -->

    <lang_mapping>
        <lang acceptLang="ru" fonts="RU" full="russian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ru" short="ru"/>
        <lang acceptLang="en,ja" fonts="ASIA" full="japanese" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="en" short="en"/>
        <lang acceptLang="de,en" fonts="EU" full="german" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="de" short="de"/>
        <lang acceptLang="pl,en" fonts="EU" full="polish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="pl" short="pl"/>
        <lang acceptLang="fr,en" fonts="EU" full="french" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="fr" short="fr"/>
        <lang acceptLang="es,en" fonts="EU" full="spanish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="es" short="es"/>
        <lang acceptLang="cs,en" fonts="EU" full="czech" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="cs" short="cs"/>
        <lang acceptLang="tr,en" fonts="EU" full="turkish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="tr" short="tr"/>
        <lang acceptLang="it,en" fonts="EU" full="italian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="it" short="it"/>
        <lang acceptLang="ja,en" fonts="ASIA" full="japanese" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ja" short="ja"/>
        <lang acceptLang="zh-Tw,en" fonts="CN" full="tchinese" languageBar="true" localeRfcName="zh-tw" short="zh_tw"/>
        <lang acceptLang="th,en" fonts="TH" full="thai" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="th" short="th"/>
        <lang acceptLang="ko,en" fonts="KO" full="koreana" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ko" short="ko"/>
        <lang acceptLang="zh-Cn,en" fonts="CN" full="schinese" languageBar="true" localeRfcName="zh-cn" short="zh_cn"/>
        <lang acceptLang="pt-Br,pt,en" fonts="EU" full="brazilian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="pt-br" short="pt_br"/>
        <lang acceptLang="uk,ru,en" fonts="RU" full="ukrainian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="uk" short="uk"/>
        <lang acceptLang="es-Mx,es,en" fonts="EU" full="mexican" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="es-mx" short="es_mx"/>
        <lang acceptLang="be,ru,en" fonts="RU" full="belorussian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="be" short="be"/>
    </lang_mapping>
</locale_config> 

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293
[151ST]
Member
2,369 posts
9,931 battles
6 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Good. That's works extremely well for you then, as you can use that to your advantage and unite your team via your skills. :cap_horn:

However, I naively assumed the OP was an Aussie or Kiwi, whose average knowledge of these other languages is pretty low if not zilch. This would make the mod useless.

Being multilingual is not common in Australia and I'd imagined anyone with such a huge skill set wouldn't bother with such pastimes as botes. They'd be addressing the U.N or something.

Actually being multilingual in Australia is quite common, it's just not very common in those of UK descent.

Most folks who are first, second or third generation immigrants from just about every other place in the world speak the tongue of their family's origin.

Greek, Israeli, Persian, Turkish, Italian, Malayan, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese...

I've worked with all and more of the above, some often as far as 3rd generation and they could speak a second+ language.

And a very large chunk of Australia has mixed heritage (I could be wrong but I think it was as high as 40 or 50%).

Depends where you live... Sydney and Melbourne are absolute melting pots of different cultures (I love it).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,306
[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,210 posts
8,368 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Actually being multilingual in Australia is quite common, it's just not very common in those of UK descent.

Most folks who are first, second or third generation immigrants from just about every other place in the world speak the tongue of their family's origin.

Greek, Israeli, Persian, Turkish, Italian, Malayan, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese...

I've worked with all and more of the above, some often as far as 3rd generation and they could speak a second+ language.

And a very large chunk of Australia has mixed heritage (I could be wrong but I think it was as high as 40 or 50%).

Depends where you live... Sydney and Melbourne are absolute melting pots of different cultures (I love it).

 

Of course you're right. In the multicultural cities it's a literal Tower of Babel.

As I live in a small rural town, my world view of Australians is a bit skewed. Not many variations here on language skills.

In fact, if you order anything other than Butter Chicken at the local Indian Takeaway shop (run by whites) you are considered quite sophisticated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,593
[TLS]
Member
3,952 posts
20,036 battles

Whether people like it or not, Australia is a country of migrants. If not, then the Aborigines have the right to throw out everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017
[CLAY]
Member
2,673 posts
12,096 battles
4 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

 

Of course you're right. In the multicultural cities it's a literal Tower of Babel.

As I live in a small rural town, my world view of Australians is a bit skewed. Not many variations here on language skills.

In fact, if you order anything other than Butter Chicken at the local Indian Takeaway shop (run by whites) you are considered quite sophisticated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, same, a lot of small country towns are at least 50 years behind the cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[ANZAF]
Member
391 posts
5,680 battles
14 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Being multilingual is not common in Australia and I'd imagined anyone with such a huge skill set wouldn't bother with such pastimes as botes. They'd be addressing the U.N or something.

 

Meh, these days you can be addressing the UN by skipping school.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[-CAT-]
Member
2,125 posts
10,885 battles

@mademoisail

Would like to ask the team if they can make CJK characters regularly visible by default rather than █ █ █?

Feels like the game is using Windows 98. Seeing boxes. :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[ANZAF]
Member
391 posts
5,680 battles
21 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Whether people like it or not, Australia is a country of migrants. If not, then the Aborigines have the right to throw out everyone else.

In 2019, 30% of Australians were born overseas.

The 2016 Census showed 49% of Australians were born overseas or had one parent who was born overseas. 

And even the Aborigines were migrants. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
5 posts
1,731 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, mademoisail said:

Good morning from WG Austin! :fish_sleep:

Y'all had me worried with the title "Censoring". Thank you to everyone who jumped in with advice. Were you able to come to a solution, @ramadavy25

-Sail

I'm still trying to figure it out but so far nothing. I cant type on file location for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293
[151ST]
Member
2,369 posts
9,931 battles
21 hours ago, Puggsley said:

In 2019, 30% of Australians were born overseas.

The 2016 Census showed 49% of Australians were born overseas or had one parent who was born overseas. 

And even the Aborigines were migrants. 

I'm sorry but when the migration was tens of thousands of years ago, they cease to be migrants by modern definition...

And just to point out, there's evidence of them living here as far back as 120,000 years.

That evidence if it was dated at 40,000 would be accepted as fact (by the burdens of proof) but because accepting it as fact would completely rewrite current homo-sapiens migration theories it's considered unconfirmed.

But yes, current accepted theory is we all migrated out of africa to all corners of the world between 10-80k years ago.

Yes we have lots of people who have recently migrated and we are better for it, regardless of what some may say about specific groups.

Little known fact, a large contributing factor in our 'record' growth period pre-covid was thanks to migrants coming here and working their sorry arses off.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×