Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Hess

Shifting accouts to English speaking servers. will we get another chance

31 comments in this topic

[BONED]
Beta Tester
69 posts
4,959 battles

Hey guys and Admin, any clue if they will open up the window to shift out accounts to an English speaking server? 99% of my in game chat is [content removed] . I cant thank nor even read what is going on in chat,, it would be a nice change for many of is Kiwis and Aussies to be able to shift, and not have to restart our accounts.

Cheers

Incomprehensible. Post edited, user advised.

~Beaufighter

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[KAMI]
1,506 posts
12,422 battles

Good luck waiting for them to provide migration services again

269 posts
6,366 battles

You have a higher chance of learning one of those [content removed] languages than getting another migration. Besides, English speaking, really? I've found more players that speak English on this server than the other so called 'English speaking' servers.

The EU server is filled with German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish and a whole host of other nationalities along and the British, who usually speak the least coherent English of all of them.

Then there's the NA server, filled with people who speak a broken version of English called American, which has no real relation to the English language as they can't spell words without deleting the letter 'U". Not a single one of them knows how to spell armour.

Speaking as an Australian, I'm fine exactly where I am, no doubt there are plenty other ANZ players that have no issue being on SEA.

Post edited.

~Beaufighter

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

[BONED]
Beta Tester
69 posts
4,959 battles

Oh man, your lucky then, I find 99% of my matches don't have English speakers in them its either [content removed] or bot lol, its all cool just a shame its a great game but I'm shifting to thunder and hanging my account till offer account movement again, Just thought I would ask in case a mod might know if one was pending, rumor was it was the case, but there has been no sign of it. cheers for the reply

Post edited.

~Beaufighter

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,346 posts
26,160 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, The_Hess said:

Oh man, your lucky then, I find 99% of my matches don't have English speakers in them its either [content removed] or bot lol, its all cool just a shame its a great game but I'm shifting to thunder and hanging my account till offer account movement again, Just thought I would ask in case a mod might know if one was pending, rumor was it was the case, but there has been no sign of it. cheers for the reply

in my experience just starting some chitchat will bring the English speakers out of the woodworks, otherwise even the ones who can speak English fluently will just resort to their original language 

Post edited.

~Beaufighter

• Cool 4

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,940 battles

Depends when you play...

But also many folks don't really pay attention to chat, which is not surprising given how little people manage to watch their minimap.

Hell even I'm guilty of it, and I basically play more by watching the minimap than not.

I run into forum folks that are like 'thanks for ignoring me SappeR...' Trust me it's not intentional...

And this isn't even to mention the number of people who just disable chat.

But I understand it being annoying for some. My guess is that there won't be one for at least a few years (at best).

If they did one in the next few months they set a precedent of yearly account transfers.

Goodluck but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

[CLAY]
2,675 posts
12,106 battles

Often many [content removed] speakers also speak English. They just need to know there are English speaker about.

Post edited.

~Beaufighter

4,546 posts
8,644 battles

Many players don't chat in English because of a variety of reasons:

+ They don't know English even if someone started chatting in English;

+ Some are bots, as this server is known to have, therefore, they don't even use quick commands;

+ They don't bother with (usually pointless) chatter and want to focus on the battle, or simply don't want to chat at all. Me included;

Honestly though, WG could just open server transfer for a fee. I know that other online games do that.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Administrator, WG Staff
154 posts
9 hours ago, toxicsalt said:

Then there's the NA server, filled with people who speak a broken version of English called American, which has no real relation to the English language as they can't spell words without deleting the letter 'U". Not a single one of them knows how to spell armour.

I feel personally attacked. 👀 My best friend is Canadian, and we are constantly giving each other crap about this lol.

That being said, I am glad you feel comfortable and happy playing on the SEA servers. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,940 battles
3 hours ago, mademoisail said:

I feel personally attacked. 👀 My best friend is Canadian, and we are constantly giving each other crap about this lol.

That being said, I am glad you feel comfortable and happy playing on the SEA servers. 

You shouldn't, not your fault your country wanted to be as different as possible to the UK...

Most other english speaking countries don't mind the US changes to spelling on principle, they just hate the fact that your country did it alone without consulting anyone, US doesn't own english... lol.

It's annoying for the rest of us as we need to remember correct spelling for things, and need to know it better than the spell-check on computers as even when you switch the language settings on our systems to the correct version, it'll still give incorrect suggestions, with 'ize' over 'ise' in many places (as an example). Other major irritations are in coding, where command words are spelt with US spelling, i.e. 'color' over 'colour'.

I think I can speak for everyone here Sail, you are doing great work... Don't take it personally but you will cop a bit of friendly banter about your backwards, queen-forsaken US spelling, lol.

• Cool 2

Administrator, WG Staff
154 posts
31 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

backwards, queen-forsaken US spelling

Fair LOL 

I love the SEA forums. You guys always find a way to meme on one another while staying completely within the forum rules and guidelines. I have nothing but respect for y'all. 

• Cool 4

744 posts
19,634 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, The_Hess said:

Hey guys and Admin, any clue if they will open up the window to shift out accounts to an English speaking server? 99% of my in game chat is [content removed] talk. I cant thank nor even read what is going on in chat,, it would be a nice change for many of is Kiwis and Aussies to be able to shift, and not have to restart our accounts.

Cheers

By no means am I taking responsibility for the last server migration, but it only happened right after I'd bent Sub Octavion's ear about it relentlessly. They did it for Indian players last year as well, so the infrastructure to do it again is certainly well established by now. I'd start by reaching out to Sub Octavion [or another WG employee] on the WarGaming Discord. 

Post edited.

~Beaufighter

[MUPAN]
153 posts
2,407 battles

We are expanding our numbers. 

I personally have enticed 2 NA and 3 EU buddies to start  accounts here in the last couple of weeks......and I didn't even have to bribe them.

Don't always assume the grass is greener elsewhere...Lol.

• Cool 2

[WOOK6]
Community Contributor
7 posts
1,930 battles

Legends. The simple answer is to hoan in on what is good about our server and the people on and not to worry about what is bad because trust me there's negatives and positives to all servers im sure. 

If you want to play with other Aussies hit me up, check out cold beers crew and or jump into this discord and go to the shippies talking channels.

We do hunts and sync drops every night i think we normal have around ~60% of talkative English speaking pers each game. 

I can't count on my fingers and toes how my people have migrated over to NA or EU from the last transfer offering, only to come back over the last few months to SEA.

I live for the day the Oceanic community isn't split across all the servers, so remain in SEA and let's make it great again because as @coldbeer72 said the grass ain't greener. Let's water the grass here and make it better.

Cheers

• Cool 2

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,940 battles
1 hour ago, coldbeer72 said:

We are expanding our numbers. 

I personally have enticed 2 NA and 3 EU buddies to start  accounts here in the last couple of weeks......and I didn't even have to bribe them.

Don't always assume the grass is greener elsewhere...Lol.

The part I find funny is that frustrations at particular things that are 'better' on other servers often tend to not really be so...

The game as a whole has shifted more to long range play. While it could be argued that Asia is at the further end of this, everything I have seen of the other servers is much the same.

To someone picking up the game today, I'd just tell them to go with whatever server their friends are on with a footnote about ping results may vary.

• Cool 2

[MUPAN]
153 posts
2,407 battles
11 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

The part I find funny is that frustrations at particular things that are 'better' on other servers often tend to not really be so...

The game as a whole has shifted more to long range play. While it could be argued that Asia is at the further end of this, everything I have seen of the other servers is much the same.

To someone picking up the game today, I'd just tell them to go with whatever server their friends are on with a footnote about ping results may vary.

Vary indeed.  2 of the EU peeps  are getting pretty much the same ping from merry old England as I do from just outside Brissie!!!

[-CAT-]
2,127 posts
10,907 battles
1 minute ago, coldbeer72 said:

Vary indeed.  2 of the EU peeps  are getting pretty much the same ping from merry old England as I do from just outside Brissie!!!

Do they use VPN or just normal internet connection?

Broadband (copper wire) or fiber optic?

:fish_book:

Oh and ping numbers.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MUPAN]
153 posts
2,407 battles
15 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Do they use VPN or just normal internet connection?

Broadband (copper wire) or fiber optic?

:fish_book:

Oh and ping numbers.

No idea on connection, but will ask. They were both getting in the low 100s while we were div'd up over the weekend. I average about 85-105 most days.

Edit: And I get around 130 to NA and 180ish to EU by comparison. 

Edited by coldbeer72
  • Cool 1

269 posts
6,366 battles
7 hours ago, mademoisail said:

Dont be, you're not the only American I've had this conversation with.

Though it is funny that the original plan by the Founding Fathers of the country that would later become the United States was for everyone to use Greek, as it was the language of democracy. Though some Germanic languages and French were also bandied about. So it's small wonder that Americans don't understand what is now considered English as they were never meant to know it in the first place.

Edited by toxicsalt
  • Funny 1

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I think I can speak for everyone here Sail, you are doing great work... Don't take it personally but you will cop a bit of friendly banter about your backwards, queen-forsaken US spelling, lol.

I prefer "-ter" than "-tre" in "center" or "theater", etc., thank you very much.

What is the point of "u" in "colour" or "armour"? Is it French?

I mean, English as a whole is a big mess, phonetically.

Yeah no, queen's English is horrible too :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by Paladinum

744 posts
19,634 battles
1 hour ago, DobbyM8 said:

I can't count on my fingers and toes how my people have migrated over to NA or EU from the last transfer offering, only to come back over the last few months to SEA.

I must be misunderstanding you, the window to go back to SEA from NA was very narrow and certainly still not open in the last few months...

[FORCE]
2,226 posts
11,799 battles

I speak rarely in battle unless I have to. @Earl_of_Arland has seen how unsociable I am to the others when we div up.

But if I see any folks from the forum, I might just say hi. Although there are some occasions that I don't even notice any of them until I saw their names on the results screen.

[MD]
[MD]
571 posts
2,942 battles

Nani? Who pinged me?

Whomst Dared to Summon the-

On 9/15/2020 at 7:54 AM, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I speak rarely in battle unless I have to. The-User-That-Obsessed-with-A-Certain-Flat-Tsundere has seen how unsociable I am to the others when we div up.

But if I see any folks from the forum, I might just say hi. Although there are some occasions that I don't even notice any of them until I saw their names on the results screen.

Oh, hi

Yeah you're a bit quiet, but i still appreciate you accept my invitation here and there, make me less lonely. Thanks mate

On 9/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, The_Hess said:

Hey guys and Admin, any clue if they will open up the window to shift out accounts to an English speaking server? 99% of my in game chat is [content removed] talk. I cant thank nor even read what is going on in chat,, it would be a nice change for many of is Kiwis and Aussies to be able to shift, and not have to restart our accounts.

Cheers

No offense, but i failed to see the true benefit of "Grass Greener" concept that is Server Migration for SEA. Remember Dieselhead? He's still the same on NA even with the supposed "better grass" there.

Besides, i prefer "MD [][][][][][] NMSL" rather than "F*ck you *insert degeneratory national slang*"

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
Smh, there
  • Funny 3

[151ST]
2,377 posts
9,940 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

I prefer "-ter" than "-tre" in "center" or "theater", etc., thank you very much.

What is the point of "u" in "colour" or "armour"? Is it French?

I mean, English as a whole is a big mess, phonetically.

Yeah no, queen's English is horrible too :Smile_popcorn:

As I said, the changes made sense but they did them without the rest of the english speaking world...

Having two primary english base spellings (and in some cases words; Aluminium, not aluminum for example) is just annoying AF

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
20 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

As I said, the changes made sense but they did them without the rest of the english speaking world...

Having two primary english base spellings (and in some cases words; Aluminium, not aluminum for example) is just annoying AF

Please, I'd rather speak Latin than English. 

And not the so-called "successors" either - Spanish, Italian, etc.

Ave Latina! Ave SPQR!

Sign in to follow this