Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

Ships Pennant Number and Crests

9 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,732 battles

WG, Please add ship's pennant number and crests on tech tree ships. (Some ships are excluded.)

Premium ship's pennant number and crests remain when players remove their camouflage. Can we have the same for tech tree ships.

Example 1 pennant numbers

Aigle with and without camo, but pennant number is present:

shot-20_09.12_21_48.26-0675.thumb.jpg.2c969175e12fdb61eef48eafce12b1c3.jpg

shot-20_09.12_21_48_48-0154.thumb.jpg.0ee2b2ca048df1cceb3f5a83d5345d6b.jpg

Vaquelin without camo. Vaquelin's pennant number is X53 (As well as 8 and 52)

shot-20_09.12_21_49.06-0603.thumb.jpg.ac08f8dbeef42b44342f489dbe6f2a9e.jpg

1. Vaquelin hull A could have pennant number 52 while hull B could have pennant number X53.
or
2. Vaquelin could have pennant number X53 regardless of hull.
This also applies to all USN ships (except paper ships or ships that was never made such as Nicolas, Georgia, Buffalo, Seattle, Phoenix, Dallas, Florida, Vermont)
Montana and Ohio are both Montana class ships. Ohio has pennant number 68 in her hull. Montana class did receive their pennant numbers before getting cancelled.
I do not know if players will accept Kansas and Minnesota with pennant number (49 - 54). Since they are planned South Dakota 1921 class but not made. As well as renamed for the game's sake.

Example 2 German ship crests:

PEF with and without camo but ship crest is present:

shot-20_09.12_21_50.15-0657.thumb.jpg.daa04fd36fb90722fba638b8bf903891.jpg

shot-20_09.12_21_50.29-0107.thumb.jpg.53b667a277ff1050ee2ab9cf3cce4528.jpg

Gneisenau without camo. She has a ship crest like her sister Scharnhorst.

shot-20_09_12_22_12.15-0554.thumb.jpg.2e78272d823ff127eecc82cd875c9e54.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

4,490 posts
8,611 battles

From what I heard, tech tree ships (are supposed to) represent the whole class, and not individual ships with the same name. Premium ships are unique, one big part to attract collectors to buy for unique flags and such.
Again, from what I heard, this is not confirmed for me.

Example: tech tree Kongo Hull B uses the superstructure of real life Hiei, not Kongo herself.

That is just one example. I heard that there are more tech tree ships in the game with the same situation as tech tree Kongo.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,732 battles
12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

From what I heard, tech tree ships (are supposed to) represent the whole class, and not individual ships with the same name. Premium ships are unique, one big part to attract collectors to buy for unique flags and such.

Example: tech tree Kongo Hull B uses the superstructure of real life Hiei, not Kongo herself.

That is just one example. I heard that there are more tech tree ships in the game with the same situation as tech tree Kongo.

That is a good point. :fish_book:

Another method can be, pennant number or crest linked to camo.

Leander is an example. She has both Leander camo and Ajax camo.

shot-20_09.12_22_55.01-0229.thumb.jpg.a5a7c10ea2b8586d8cfcb8f10ae3d784.jpg

• Cool 1

1,354 posts
5,712 battles
38 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

That is a good point. :fish_book:

Another method can be, pennant number or crest linked to camo.

Leander is an example. She has both Leander camo and Ajax camo.

shot-20_09.12_22_55.01-0229.thumb.jpg.a5a7c10ea2b8586d8cfcb8f10ae3d784.jpg

56 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Tech-tree ships that are, or due to the differences of sister ships/the in-game existence of sole sister ship that effectively being unique, one-off designs/only member of her class...

Fuso, Yamato, Shimakaze, Hosho, Ryujo, Wyoming (in addition to Arkansas Beta, only USS Arkansas recieved WWII modernization), New York, Colorado, Chester, Langley, Ranger, Novik, Tallinn, Tashkent, Nurnberg, Admiral Hipper, Bismarck, Emerald, Hermes, Furious, Richelieu, Emile Bertin, Algerie, Shenyang (similiar to the case of Tallinn: she does not have sisters that were also transferred to China as war reparations), Gadjah Mada, Taranto, Halland, Gyrf, Jurien de la Graviere, Ensigne Gabolde, Eritrea, Edinburgh, Gneisenau, Weser, Dresden and Izyaslav.

List not exhaustive of course...

Izyaslav added after research.

Added Dresden.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

4,490 posts
8,611 battles
7 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Which is something that I wanted as rewards for Naval Trash Cove, not stupid ships.

Custom badges/plates, custom camo decors, name of the ship painted on the sides, etc.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,732 battles
11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Which is something that I wanted as rewards for Naval Trash Cove, not stupid ships.

Custom badges/plates, custom camo decors, name of the ship painted on the sides, etc.

If this will be the rewards in Naval Trash Cove (later renamed as Rubbish Burnheap), and not ships and Unique Upgrade, I will not complain.

It is literally Call of Duty style (without the insane grind from T7 to T10).

18 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Didn't know this exist. :Smile_hiding:

But good to know that it was suggested before. It just means that there is a request / demand for such things.

While we are with camo and decors, WG should do away with the -3% detectability and +4% dispersion in all camo and just have the economic buff.

Just like premium consumables.

And those old camo who's only job is to buff the despersion and nerf the detectability will be changed.

Type 1 = +20% Credits

Type 2 = -20% Service Cost

Type 5 = +100% FXP

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,540 posts
5,456 battles
44 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

If this will be the rewards in Naval Trash Cove (later renamed as Rubbish Burnheap), and not ships and Unique Upgrade, I will not complain.

It is literally Call of Duty style (without the insane grind from T7 to T10).

Didn't know this exist. :Smile_hiding:

But good to know that it was suggested before. It just means that there is a request / demand for such things.

That's because i was a nobody before i was a well known forum user.

Sign in to follow this