Jump to content
Halsey_rex

WOW re-location on my PC

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

I am on a game computer and have the WOW folder on the C drive. 

I think I want to move the whole thing to the D drive which is nearly empty and where the PT folder is also located..

Can I just copy and past the WOW directory in to the D, and then tell the game center where everything is or do I have to delete and add everything anew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[FORCE]
Member
2,210 posts
11,713 battles

I have never relocated the game folder But I managed to tell the WGC where my NA client is, without having to re-download everything.

Here is the summary:

  1. I downloaded the NA client long before the WGC becomes mandatory.
  2. But when the WGC becomes mandatory, it did not detect the NA client (maybe because I never used the WGC to login to NA).
  3. A simple manual redirecting solved it.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,322
Member
4,522 posts
8,629 battles

You can try to use the "Import Installed Game" thing in the WGC. I did it when PT client has to be imported to WGC.

Click the "All Games" tab.

Look to the right to see 2 buttons "Import Installed Game" and... the other one.

Click the "Import Installed Game" and select the game folder.

Of course, after that, always check integrity - "Check and Repair".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

You can try to use the "Import Installed Game" thing in the WGC. I did it when PT client has to be imported to WGC.

Click the "All Games" tab.

Look to the right to see 2 buttons "Import Installed Game" and... the other one.

Click the "Import Installed Game" and select the game folder.

Of course, after that, always check integrity - "Check and Repair".

I want to move everything to SSD that is the D drive.
 

i wonder if i will break anything by just moving the whole kit and kabootle?

i will wait for a few more responses and just try it tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[KAMI]
Member
1,504 posts
12,419 battles

If you transferring from HDD to SSD,

just drag whole World of warship_ASIA to the SSD

Edited by Gummiheng
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[KAMI]
Member
1,504 posts
12,419 battles
18 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

I want to move everything to SSD that is the D drive.

is your C drive HDD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
2 hours ago, Halsey_rex said:

I want to move everything to SSD that is the D drive.
 

i wonder if i will break anything by just moving the whole kit and kabootle?

i will wait for a few more responses and just try it tomorrow.

If it is only copy paste, I don't think it will break.

I used to play the game in 3 machines before. (Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux)

I copy the latest patch and paste it to other PC. It saves the time of re-download everything and re-setup the game's settings.

 

Keep a back-up copy of the game before you move it to D drive.

After moving the files, like @Paladinum said, the WGC will try and detect the game. If not use the import button in the "all games tab".

 

FWGC.thumb.png.8e4674555b9a0dab9d3b4cb078c9df50.png

 

WGC "should" detect and import the game in D drive rather than C drive.

Keep a back up copy before you attempt this.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,322
Member
4,522 posts
8,629 battles
4 hours ago, Halsey_rex said:

I want to move everything to SSD that is the D drive.
 

i wonder if i will break anything by just moving the whole kit and kabootle?

 i will wait for a few more responses and just try it tomorrow.

Yeah, move the whole shebang to the new location then try what I commented.

Shouldn't be much problem.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles
6 hours ago, Gummiheng said:

is your C drive HDD?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Yeah, move the whole shebang to the new location then try what I commented.

Shouldn't be much problem.

I moved the PT folder into a new WOW folder on the D drive. The game center now doesn't know where it is. the check and repair doesn't know where it is either...says to contact support. 

I didn't mess with my main account where it is during this experiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles

Double post. Please delete this one.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
8 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

I moved the PT folder into a new WOW folder on the D drive. The game center now doesn't know where it is. the check and repair doesn't know where it is either...says to contact support. 

I didn't mess with my main account where it is during this experiment.

Have you tried "Import installed game" and direct it to D drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,322
Member
4,522 posts
8,629 battles
23 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

I moved the PT folder into a new WOW folder on the D drive. The game center now doesn't know where it is. the check and repair doesn't know where it is either...says to contact support. 

I didn't mess with my main account where it is during this experiment.

Have you tried this?

9 hours ago, Paladinum said:

You can try to use the "Import Installed Game" thing in the WGC. I did it when PT client has to be imported to WGC.

Click the "All Games" tab on the WGC.

Look to the right to see 2 buttons "Import Installed Game" and... the other one.

Click the "Import Installed Game" and select where the new game folder is.

Of course, after that, always check integrity - "Check and Repair".

 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

So i returned and was going to do the import installed game thing and when i started GC, it immediately said, it could not find the PT instance and was going delete or remove whatever it found or something like that so i canceled out, went into the directory and put the PT back where it was.

i loaded up BALTIMORE and went to town. 
 

i digress...

 

so waiting to try something else until i think about it some more...  thank you   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

OKAY. I got a response in less than 12hrs this time but it is the same thing you guys said , so a big thanks!!!  ::::

Hello Halsey_rex,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!
I apologize for the inconvenience but rest assured that I will be here to assist you. 

You just need to import the game in Game Center:
1. In the Game Center, go to the "All Games" tab.
2. Click the "Import Installed Games" button.
3. Select the new folder where you transfer the game folder.
4. Click the "Import" button.

Please let us know how it goes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

well here is the window I get

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (33).png

Edited by Halsey_rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles

I think the WGC is still detecting the old game instance location (not the game itself), why you get the message.

You have a back-up the game right? Worse case senario, you may need to uninstall WGC. But I will try not to go there.

 

I think you need to delete the old game instance (not the game itself) in WGC.

Once the old game instance is deleted, try importing the game.

 

I do not guarantee it will work. Worse case senario, we remove WGC and re-install WGC (not the game itself). It's WGC issue.

As long as you have a back-up of the game, you dont need to re-download everything and reconfigure the settings. It also save you time from re-downloading everything.

 

I really hope this time it works.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE! ALL IS WELL! IT WORKED!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

yeah butt,  now.... I don't want to continue if it will remove the PT game from my D drive. took forever to download..

Now I have 2 sets of game references that I want to remedy. separate issues? I cannot open GC without seeing this message.

Don't know what to do.

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (35).png

Edited by Halsey_rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[DAARK]
Member
144 posts
2,670 battles

well living near the DC area it takes roughly 12 hours to get a response from WOW--(Russia?). 

They must have so many issues to deal with that most responses are canned comments/responses.

At least They can diagnose the issue without much guesswork-CRAPTACULAR. It took a long time to down load the PT, so if I can get away with a re-download I will be happy.

According to them, ALL the folders are corrupted. I will do is work backwards and try to just reinstall the GC first--which would be the easiest fix--it was.

It wants to uninstall everything WOW on the D drive....so much for not breaking anything---I broke this...but after-all, it seems the GC was all mixed up.

So I did the easiest thing first and was replacing the games Center and adding the the accounts again. Smooth as snot now! 

Here is what they said to do:

 

Hello Halsey_rex,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

In order to delete the unused instance of the game:
- Select the game instance you are willing to uninstall;
- Press on the "Game Settings" button;
- Select "Uninstall Game" from the context menu;
- The Game Center app will ask for confirmation and show you the file path to the game folder, so you could check if this really the copy you want to delete.

I would like to inform you that the  World of Warships PT game files were corrupted. We recommend you download the game client through Game Center again.

Could you please uninstall Wargaming.net Game Center using the Control Panel and then install it using the link provided.
To do this, please perform the following:

- Hold the Windows key and press “R”
- In the Run window, type or paste “control” (without the quotes) and press Enter to open the Control Panel
- Select "View by: Category" viewing mode
- In the "Programs" category please choose "Uninstall a program" option
- In the list of the installed programs choose Wargaming.net Game Center and press Uninstall/Change
- When uninstalling Game Center choose option "Delete Game Center preferences"
- Download the Game Center installer using this link: 
https://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_ASIA.exe
- Click with the right mouse button on the installer and choose "Run as administrator" in the popped-up menu.
- Install the Game Center into a new folder (preferably in a folder on the other disk, not the disk "C:") and try to launch it.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Halsey_rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
11 hours ago, Halsey_rex said:

well living near the DC area it takes roughly 12 hours to get a response from WOW--(Russia?). 

They must have so many issues to deal with that most responses are canned comments/responses.

At least They can diagnose the issue without much guesswork-CRAPTACULAR. It took a long time to down load the PT, so if I can get away with a re-download I will be happy.

According to them, ALL the folders are corrupted. I will do is work backwards and try to just reinstall the GC first--which would be the easiest fix--it was.

It wants to uninstall everything WOW on the D drive....so much for not breaking anything---I broke this...but after-all, it seems the GC was all mixed up.

So I did the easiest thing first and was replacing the games Center and adding the the accounts again. Smooth as snot now! 

Here is what they said to do: 

 

Hello Halsey_rex,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

In order to delete the unused instance of the game:
- Select the game instance you are willing to uninstall;
- Press on the "Game Settings" button;
- Select "Uninstall Game" from the context menu;
- The Game Center app will ask for confirmation and show you the file path to the game folder, so you could check if this really the copy you want to delete.

I would like to inform you that the  World of Warships PT game files were corrupted. We recommend you download the game client through Game Center again.

Could you please uninstall Wargaming.net Game Center using the Control Panel and then install it using the link provided.
To do this, please perform the following:

- Hold the Windows key and press “R”
- In the Run window, type or paste “control” (without the quotes) and press Enter to open the Control Panel
- Select "View by: Category" viewing mode
- In the "Programs" category please choose "Uninstall a program" option
- In the list of the installed programs choose Wargaming.net Game Center and press Uninstall/Change
- When uninstalling Game Center choose option "Delete Game Center preferences"
- Download the Game Center installer using this link: 
https://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_ASIA.exe
- Click with the right mouse button on the installer and choose "Run as administrator" in the popped-up menu.
- Install the Game Center into a new folder (preferably in a folder on the other disk, not the disk "C:") and try to launch it.

Let us know how it goes.

Glad it worked out well. And glad that it's GC issue and not the game.

Saved you a lot of time instead of re-downloading everything from scratch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×