mbsask58h0y21.thumb.jpg.f2ef0094f28e1c5ae391b7dc4fcabec4.jpg

FINALLY!

[ULAG]
325 posts
10,550 battles

About time, but it seems incredibly easy to make one tunnel vision

4,546 posts
8,644 battles

CV hybrids but having the same garbage control system as rework CVs?

CV rework is the absolute worst thing that ever happened to this game. Even more so than Small-length/Minotaur, NTC/RB, FOMO monetization scheme, islands in maps, etc.

If they realize this is a horrid system and it basically makes these ships into half-afted CR/BB and half-afted CV, and not even both at the same time, would they recognize that CV rework is such a bad system for the CVs as a whole?

IF they realize it, that is.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Summon fellow cultist @dejiko_nyo 

Summoned. 

I'll sum it up in these words: They have taken the worst of both worlds and combined it into an abomination of a concept.

HOW are you going to play these ships?

Fly planes? Your ship is going to be controlled by an abomination of an autopilot and is screwed (that is not the word I wanted to use, but use your imaginatio). You can't return fire, have to stay hidden so you don't get focus fired.

Play like a ship? Then your planes are pointless. 

IF this was RTS, then at least you could use the Map to guide your one piddly squadron to their target while in control of your ship. Yes, even worse multitasking than a CV but still infinitely better.

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
15 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Summoned. 

I'll sum it up in these words: They have taken the worst of both worlds and combined it into an abomination of a concept.

HOW are you going to play these ships?

Fly planes? Your ship is going to be controlled by an abomination of an autopilot and is screwed (that is not the word I wanted to use, but use your imaginatio). You can't return fire, have to stay hidden so you don't get focus fired.

Play like a ship? Then your planes are pointless. 

IF this was RTS, then at least you could use the Map to guide your one piddly squadron to their target while in control of your ship. Yes, even worse multitasking than a CV but still infinitely better.

Huh. I didn't expect you would say exactly as I think you would.

15 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

They have taken the worst of both worlds and combined it into an abomination of a concept.

Hey, at least super cruisers in this game work :Smile_trollface:

Except for the fact the super cruisers don't have to operate under an ultra-scuffed and disrespectful system like rework CVs that UNDERMINES the actual PURPOSES of the ships it is intended for :Smile_trollface: 

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Hey, at least super cruisers in this game work :Smile_trollface:

Supercruisers are a different concept. For once, the basic gameplay is still the same, ie, sail ship and shoot. The difference is the strategy that needs to be applied.

Hybrid carriers are two different gameplay modes fused together in an UnHoly Lovecraftian manner. I would take Cthulu over this anyday.

• Cool 2

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
9 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hybrid carriers are two different gameplay modes fused together in an UnHoly Lovecraftian manner. I would take Cthulu over this anyday.

Hybrid carriers post-rework are even more unholy.

It

doesn't

even

work.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

It

doesn't

even

work.

Apparently some unnamed people think it does. Playing CV now/before and playing standard surface ships and am trying to combine both concepts in a coherent manner.... you'll just be forced to chose one or the other. People keep forgetting that the reload time for a "plane shell" is 1 minute to reach the target, in which time you could shoot at least twice from your main guns and have more consistent and easier to get damage.

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Apparently some unnamed people think it does. Playing CV now/before and playing standard surface ships and am trying to combine both concepts in a coherent manner.... you'll just be forced to chose one or the other. People keep forgetting that the reload time for a "plane shell" is 1 minute to reach the target, in which time you could shoot at least twice from your main guns and have more consistent and easier to get damage.

Also Ise sacrificed 2 turrets for aircraft facility. But IRL she could use all 8 guns and her air group at the same time. In the current CV system, you can only -either- use the guns -or- use the planes, effectively gimping the ship's firepower to only a portion at any given time. 

Either that or they will give the ships unholy firepower to compensate, which is...

Could you imagine why I have doubts that this wouldn't work?

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Could you imagine why I have doubts that this wouldn't work?

Because this is a poor wannabe excuse for a physics simulator yet is trying to be arcadey?

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

Because this is a poor wannabe excuse for a physics simulator yet is trying to be arcadey?

To be fair, they don't claim that... anymore.

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles

To be fair, they don't claim that... anymore.

I know, but it feels like it is trying to go into all sorts of directions at once.

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I know, but it feels like it is trying to go into all sorts of directions at once.

Sometimes I wonder about how "experimental" this game is. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because the game isn't even 1.0.0 yet.

Also, you remember why we can't have Dynamo and Cherry Blossom anymore? You know why, don't you.

[TLS]
3,958 posts
20,036 battles

Also, you remember why we can't have Dynamo and Cherry Blossom anymore? You know why, don't you.

"Insufficient credits resources"

4,546 posts
8,644 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

"Insufficient credits resources"

"Let divert that into a rework that was rushed and took 6 months into release to finally get it right"

Edited by Paladinum

Sign in to follow this