Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hiesenhuer

What is the Best Coal Ship to buy?

14 comments in this topic

[SEALS]
10 posts
3,913 battles

Hi,

Would like to ask what is the overall/best ship to unlock using coal. I have enough coal to unlock Tier X ships but confused which one to get. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IGN: hiesenhuer

Sincerely,

Oscar

[ANZAF]
391 posts
5,663 battles

Depends what you like to play.

Please give some context. 

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,338 posts
26,063 battles
12 minutes ago, hiesenhuer said:

Hi,

Would like to ask what is the overall/best ship to unlock using coal. I have enough coal to unlock Tier X ships but confused which one to get. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IGN: hiesenhuer

Sincerely,

Oscar

need context

do you want a credit grinder, something to farm dmg in or just something that's fun to screw around in?

• Cool 1

[SEALS]
10 posts
3,913 battles

I need the best/overall ship. The one that is highly recommended in all and very aspect.

Edited by hiesenhuer
  • Bad 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,338 posts
26,063 battles
23 minutes ago, hiesenhuer said:

I need the best/overall ship. The one that is highly recommended in all and very aspect.

the top recommend anyone can give is either thunderer or Georgia now, they are both very very strong in their own right and can make credits 

Georgia is a bit more fun IMHO and and grinds more credits 

Thunderer is slow paced, stronger tier for tier but makes a bit less credits and can be somewhat boring

like we said it all depends on what you want out of the ship

[ULAG]
324 posts
10,539 battles

Since you play a lot of BBs you can have a look at either Georgia/Thunderer. Both of them are ranked quite high among peers, Georgia has the best speed while Thunderer has the best accuracy (maybe Slava would like to disagree)

1 minute ago, hiesenhuer said:

Does Georgia have strong secondary build? Like Masa?

Yup, they have build in accuracy and fast reload, but its more for starting fires/smacking DDs as it can only pen 21mm by default

[FORCE]
2,212 posts
11,713 battles

You might want to get Thunderer because that ship is way too popular nowadays, and WG tends to pull out the popular ships from the Armory.

Also, the nerf on UK BB citadel makes Monarch totally unbearable to grind through. And since all unique upgrades now can only be obtained from that thing called Research Bureau, you would end up with the half-baked Conqueror unless you are willing to do the re-grind thing.

Georgia is also good. I never heard bad things from those who own both ship.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,338 posts
26,063 battles
2 hours ago, hiesenhuer said:

Does Georgia have strong secondary build? Like Masa?

yes but i highly advice against taking it, 90% of the time when you get into secondary range you're already on 3 fire, 10k HP and half a foot in death's door

• Cool 1

[-NZ-]
351 posts
9,038 battles

If battleships are your favorite flavor, it's between Thunderer and Georgia.

Thunderer are good choice if you like moving with other teammates together, suppressing enemy battleships, or covering your team cruisers movement.  just like "ship of the line" thing.

Meanwhile, if you like to flank enemy line, or changing to another battle area quickly, Georgia are good choice because she has good speed gimmick (speed boost).

But, personally, I like Yoshino. Because spamming HE and burning BB from long range, or spamming torpedoes from 20km which both of them causing people to enrage, are fun. :Smile_hiding:

[151ST]
64 posts
1,889 battles

I have Thunderer. It's nice and strong, but I would go Georgia first if I had my 1st coal buy over again. Georgie is next on the list.

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
209 posts

Are you a DD guy, a BB, CA? 

Which do you enjoy playing, where you think you are effective? Useless to buy premiums if you don't know how to use the ship.

Alpha Tester
1,317 posts
4,942 battles

One is tier 9 the other tier 10, isn't it?.

Perhaps the tier 9 would be better on the credits earnings and losses.

Both I imagine would get ranked battles, but WG seem to play ranked on odd tiers steering away from CVs  more often, I think??, not sure.

[BLESS]
1,158 posts
10,361 battles

17 hours ago, hiesenhuer said:

I wonder if you are just trolling, but perhaps you are just inexperienced. Anyhow: All ships in the game are designed to, and most are continuously tweaked to, perform equally tier for tier. If one ship seems better than another, it usually means there is some negative aspect you haven't figured out. If one ship really does perform better, WG will change it to perform worse in upcoming patches.

So you are asking a silly question. Also, you are asking a question far too many have asked far too many times before. The only ship worth getting is one you are going to enjoy playing.

For the record I don't think any of the current crop are all that interesting. Pommern and Thunderer clearly have roles they can fill (brawler and sniper, respectively) but are far from generalist battleships. Azuma and Yoshino just farm from the backlines. Georgia is ok, but you need dedicated captain. Salem is a discount DesMoines. Moskva is ... well, Moskva. Can't comment on Marceau, but they seem to lose to Kleber in any game they go head to head.

You can buy a lot of other things with coal, from captains to event containers to modules to flags. Honestly, spending it on a ship may not be the best use of the currency, but I guess for some people it's their easiest or even only way to the high tier experience - for whatever that's worth to you.

The best thing I've bought with coal so far was Lutgens. The smoke, DFAA, and hydro modules are also useful.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this