You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

how to change server?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i downloaded NA server client on today,  i finish installing it and as i launch the client, i find out that the asian server is missing and there is only the NA server on the list. i saw some member on the forum can access multiple server, how to do it?

mUARAM5.jpg

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

i downloaded NA server client on today,  i finish installing it and as i launch the client, i find out that the asian server is missing and there is only the NA server on the list. i saw some member on the forum can access multiple server, how to do it?

mUARAM5.jpg

You need the Asia server client. you can download it by logging in to the Asia server portal : http://www.worldofwarships.asia

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

you need to install the clients into different folders otherwise they will over write leaving you with only the last one you installed.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

you need to install the clients into different folders otherwise they will over write leaving you with only the last one you installed.

btw, where can i find the old installed folder that i download before when i first install the asian server?

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

You can do that by editing the res/scripts_config.xml file

**Before proceeding, make sure you backup the original scripts_config.xml

Open it in an editor like Notepad++ or ConTEXT and you'll see a line that says

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="CBT NA"/>
        <login>piksel</login>
        <password>login1</password>
    </server>

add the lines

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="CBT ASIA"/>
        <login>piksel</login>

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="CBT NA"/>
        <login>piksel</login>
    </server>

now save it

next time you open WoWs you'll get the option to log onto either server

CpBDz8x.jpg

this should work as long as both servers are running the same version. If they ever end up running different versions, your only option is to have separate installs for each server (in different folders)

Edited by Gunduck

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

add the lines

now save it

CpBDz8x.jpg

this should work as long as both servers are running the same version. If they ever end up running different versions, your only option is to have separate installs for each server (in different folders)

thank you so much

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

I have the EU server and I want the Asia server as well coz lag, do i download the whole game again? Where can i find the Asia server client? pls help 

You have 2 options when it comes to the client.

The method I posted above still works for the current client (0.4.1), however the downside is that Launcher will still connect to the EU server when checking for new patches - this may be a problem if EU deploys a new patch (and you update) before the ASIA server is updated.

Alternative, you can download the ASIA client from this page - little tip, before you uninstall the EU client, make a backup of the /Updates folder (assuming you haven't cleared it). Then after installing the ASIA client, exit the Launcher and copy the /Updates folder back. The next time you run the Launcher it should (normally) recognise you already have most of the files it needs and only download the server-specific stuff (~100MB)

1 post
1,039 battles

add the lines

now save it

CpBDz8x.jpg

lol i was did it and i can see only WOWS NA

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

lol i was did it and i can see only WOWS NA

Hummmm... just tested the 'old way' it still works for me

since the CBT I've slightly changed how I do the multi-server config, now I just use

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="WOWS ASIA"/>
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WOWS NA"/>
    </server>

does the exact same thing

Here's the script_config that I'm using at the moment (note how I'm loading it via res_mods instead of overwriting the original)

Attached File   0.5.0.0_scripts_config.zip   888bytes

0.5.0.0_scripts_config.zip

Edited by Gunduck

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Hummmm... just tested the 'old way' it still works for me

since the CBT I've slightly changed how I do the multi-server config, now I just use

does the exact same thing

Here's the script_config that I'm using at the moment (note how I'm loading it via res_mods instead of overwriting the original)

Attached File   0.5.0.0_scripts_config.zip   888bytes

once again thank you.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Looks like it is because NA got a Halloween update:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10184-wows-north-american-service-update-new-clients-look-good/

I have SEA launcher with NA added,an it won't let me into my NA account.Looks like if you have an NA launcher with SEA added,you can't get into SEA to! 

4 posts
4,949 battles

HI im new and I did every step at this and here is the problem........... I need the 0.5.0.3 scripts_config

Untitled.png

Edited by hero0901

2 posts
379 battles

Looks like it is because NA got a Halloween update:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10184-wows-north-american-service-update-new-clients-look-good/

I have SEA launcher with NA added,an it won't let me into my NA account.Looks like if you have an NA launcher with SEA added,you can't get into SEA to! 

So I guess we will just have to wait then? Or can we manually download the correct version?

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

HI im new and I did every step at this and here is the problem........... I need the 0.5.0.3 scripts_config

NA is currently running a different client build the ASIA and EU servers due to the Halloween Event, so until NA patch back to the same build as us the only way to connect to the NA server will be to download and install the NA client in a separate location

I'll have a look to see if there's something I can do to get it working via modding when I get home this weekend - no promises tho.

Edited by Gunduck

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

One of the mods/devs posted that we weren't getting the event here in SEA.

You could download the NA version and be able to play it.At the moment I am trying to install it by copying over the WOWS SEA folder and use the NA launcher/updater so hopefully just have a quick update and be able to play.Did it wrong the first time,but I having another go now.

4 posts
4,949 battles

so... the SEA and EU will wait till the next update....and that the non-NA servers will play again?

Edited by hero0901

1 post
17 battles

One of the mods/devs posted that we weren't getting the event here in SEA.

You could download the NA version and be able to play it.At the moment I am trying to install it by copying over the WOWS SEA folder and use the NA launcher/updater so hopefully just have a quick update and be able to play.Did it wrong the first time,but I having another go now.

Did it worked? I am copying the files from NA server folder into the SEA server folder right now, so it wont download the whole client all over again.

2 posts
100 battles

I lost ALL of my ships and gold... GOOD JOB. I logged in with my account i didn't use since 2015 and then all of a sudden ALL MY SHIPS ARE GONE. AND I DONT HAVE ANYTHING FROM MY PREVIOUS GAMETIME Please help me for gods sake.