Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

what does world of warships feel like now?

35 comments in this topic

105 posts
3,050 battles

sorry all for annoying you all with 2 new topics, completely irrelevant but oh well

after 3k games of wows, and 2 (almost 3) years of playing this game, i consider myself almost a veteran. i've come so far since my first battle, and within the time i've became more interested in these tinnies floating in the ocean, both in game and in real life. i've loved and hated this game so much, made friends, got that ship that i wanted, and the game has brought plenty of joy (and a fair share of anger, RNG looking at you). i've got my first tier 10, i've experienced how great this game is. but i dont know what happened, that joy was killed, extinguished, i stopped playing all the time, i didnt keep up with every update. after that, i've become more interested in tanks, (wot specifically) its fun, but i dont want to forget how much fun wows is too. what this whole topic is about, is me asking, does wows feel the same as it did when you started? if no, why? if yes, why? 

maybe its because we forget that we all installed this game overnight, so the next day we could have fun sailing the seas. am i taking the game too seriously? am i seeking perfection, and get annoyed when i dont get that? these are just the thoughts as to why i dont play anymore. 

what do you guys think?

have a good day/night (whenever you read this)

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,338 posts
26,063 battles
1 minute ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

does wows feel the same as it did when you started? if no, why? if yes, why? 

no

i lost the fun i had just looked at ships in port

i lost the fun i had just screwing around

finally sinking someone is more like a tally rather than an achievement

i became a lot more jaded at new players 

there's no more excitement in grinding out that one ship i really want because of how easy it is these days

many of the friends i made along the way left the game one by one

i became much more concerned with "how strong" a ship is compared to how fun it is

overall, burnt out but cant move on

feelsbadman

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[ULAG]
324 posts
10,539 battles

In the past I try to perfect my skills, follow the meta, and gets salty easily (I blame the younger me for not being mature enough online)

Now I try to find fun in matches, try ships that I deemed as "useless in meta" (meta is constantly changing now since new lines and mechanics are pumping out kind of fast, one tech line might be the top of the class, but then a few months later another tech line exists and counters it very effectively), so I give up in chasing the meta, I just want to enjoy my grind.

My threshold of being tilted is a bit higher now as I matures, I become a chill and bit of sarcastic guy in chat instead of a salty beginner (although I will still turn on the switch if someone insults my family)

The game is really different compared to 2015 version, but I adapted to it as time passes and after 2 long rest

• Cool 3

[151ST]
2,357 posts
9,908 battles

I'm always 2 steps away from leaving the game behind but I still love the game... But it's not for reasons you'd think.

I don't have as much of an issue with things that some do; CVs I can manage, bad ships I can make work (for the most part) and bs premiums I can out-play.

My problems are with certain things like WGs over-reliance on gimmicks for new lines, the XP system being completely skewed, a lack of cosmetics in the Research Bureau, no new operations in flipping years and just a failing design philosophy or process that can't comprehend the second and third order effects in their game.

I don't hate WG (except when they are money grabbing hard) but there are always so many minor ways that things in this game could be better. I'm just always a little sad, like a disappointed dad *sigh*...

I'll probably play this game for years more to come but realistically I'm one good MMO away from taking a big step back in activity.

For me, World of Warships constantly feels a little bit melancholy...

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[-FUN-]
408 posts
6,835 battles

It feels like open RPG of building your personal battle fleet.

Set my own objectives, do min-maxing and push grinds.

Last objectives were having all tier X of one nation with more than one line (I chose US) and having at least one tier X of all nations. Both I have met successfully last month. I wish there were achievements or bonuses for strategic objectives like these 😬

Now I'm looking for new objectives, some I am considering are: having all tier X cruisers, completing some UU missions before 31/12, getting an ultimate secondary-build ship (for 2ndary ribbon mission and some fun times), pushing W/R up by playing GC, etc.

I like to keep having objectives in mind otherwise would get burnt out.

Edited by zergling_
  • Cool 2

[IJN]
154 posts
4,299 battles

For better or worse, the game has changed quite a bit.

But, this is still at it's core the same game we had a long time ago just...   different.

105 posts
3,050 battles
9 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

no

i lost the fun i had just looked at ships in port

i lost the fun i had just screwing around

finally sinking someone is more like a tally rather than an achievement

i became a lot more jaded at new players 

there's no more excitement in grinding out that one ship i really want because of how easy it is these days

many of the friends i made along the way left the game one by one

i became much more concerned with "how strong" a ship is compared to how fun it is

overall, burnt out but cant move on

feelsbadman

taken the words from my mouth. i think we all needa remember that wows was made to have fun, not to re-enact the tense historical naval warfare

105 posts
3,050 battles
7 hours ago, rookieFTW said:

In the past I try to perfect my skills, follow the meta, and gets salty easily (I blame the younger me for not being mature enough online)

we all needa listen to this man. just 1 more question then, what ships are fun? i'll happily grind that out

• Funny 1

105 posts
3,050 battles
3 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I'm always 2 steps away from leaving the game behind but I still love the game... But it's not for reasons you'd think.

I don't have as much of an issue with things that some do; CVs I can manage, bad ships I can make work (for the most part) and bs premiums I can out-play.

My problems are with certain things like WGs over-reliance on gimmicks for new lines, the XP system being completely skewed, a lack of cosmetics in the Research Bureau, no new operations in flipping years and just a failing design philosophy or process that can't comprehend the second and third order effects in their game.

I don't hate WG (except when they are money grabbing hard) but there are always so many minor ways that things in this game could be better. I'm just always a little sad, like a disappointed dad *sigh*...

I'll probably play this game for years more to come but realistically I'm one good MMO away from taking a big step back in activity.

For me, World of Warships constantly feels a little bit melancholy...

well spoken, sir

i have a habit for grinding the worst tech trees, sometimes i give up half way or i make it to the high tiers where the fun is at. so i guess, i mka bad ships work. i got 51 plane kills in an amagi, with absolutely horrible  sub-par aa defense

i havent given up yet. this game was so much fun for me, i remember how excited i was to get my first prem (which i kinda sold... im sorry t-61, i will get you again)

2020 has been horrible, maybe thats why 

• Cool 1

105 posts
3,050 battles
2 hours ago, zergling_ said:

It feels like open RPG of building your personal battle fleet.

Set my own objectives, do min-maxing and push grinds.

Last objectives were having all tier X of one nation with more than one line (I chose US) and having at least one tier X of all nations. Both I have met successfully last month. I wish there were achievements or bonuses for strategic objectives like these 😬

Now I'm looking for new objectives, some I am considering are: having all tier X cruisers, completing some UU missions before 31/12, getting an ultimate secondary-build ship (for 2ndary ribbon mission and some fun times), pushing W/R up by playing GC, etc.

I like to keep having objectives in mind otherwise would get burnt out.

well i guess thats very true. i pushed myself to get moskva, also including the fact there was a time limit to how long, or else it would be very hard for me to obtain her. with all the ussr in my heart, i grinded the donskoi and, now i have my first tX.

i kinda realised i got better games in the donskoi than i have in the moskva

105 posts
3,050 battles
2 hours ago, hurricaneflyer said:

For better or worse, the game has changed quite a bit.

But, this is still at it's core the same game we had a long time ago just...   different.

ever so slightly changed, new tech trees, mechanics, etc

[151ST]
2,357 posts
9,908 battles
39 minutes ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

well spoken, sir

i have a habit for grinding the worst tech trees, sometimes i give up half way or i make it to the high tiers where the fun is at. so i guess, i mka bad ships work. i got 51 plane kills in an amagi, with absolutely horrible  sub-par aa defense

i havent given up yet. this game was so much fun for me, i remember how excited i was to get my first prem (which i kinda sold... im sorry t-61, i will get you again)

2020 has been horrible, maybe thats why 

Yeah it depends on a range of factors which line is 'bad' or not...

KM DDs, fair enough.

KM BBs, upto T7, not so much, afterwards - sadly yes.

IJN BBs, CAs, solid if you know what you're doing.

IJN gunboat line is superb 8-10 but Haru you gotta be careful with as she's situationally a monster.

USN CAs and CLs have some of the best all round specs, be it DPM on CLs or general utility.

USN BBs are still solid, albeit slow in low-mid tiers.

RN DDs are beasts T7-10, but DD life is more difficult than other classes, at least in reliability for XP results.

RM CAs are all round goodies from T6, T6 is ok, T7 is great, T8 feels nice and T9-T10 are beasts... But if you don't know your stuff, e.g. have good aim or know how to play with their smoke it can be a punishing time.

I don't think any lines are OP start to finish, I think there's some strong or toxic ones for the game, i.e. Soviet BBs. (Their deck and nose armours are not good for the game) and I think there's some stupid ships in general; Petro, Slava, Smol, Enterprise...

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts

Co-op hasn't changed much.

It is still fun, and I don't think I would ever get bored of it (as I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way).....

"It's the simple things in life that are often the best"

• Cool 4

[4RSE]
274 posts
6,872 battles

I installed the game in May 2019, so still a relative novice compared to most forum engaged players. I do miss the naivety and innocence of those early months, especially not even knowing what the directives were (I literally ignored them for months and only clicked on them during the Russian event for the first time, didn't get far and can't even recall which ship line it was promoting).

I have over 1700 random battles, and while it has been frustrating at times (lose streaks) overall I still enjoy myself. Good thing I can't read box, because I am sure the salt has been aimed at me more than once or twice. Co-op is still my go to mode most days, though grinding higher tiers in co-op is soul crushing. When I am feeling down, I load up Kurfurst and take him into co-op with his full manual secondaries. It's always fun, and never tense or tedious.

CV's don't bother me much at all, I find them to be very well balanced (considering actual CV's are totally OP in real life).

• Cool 3

[151ST]
2,357 posts
9,908 battles
33 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

I installed the game in May 2019, so still a relative novice compared to most forum engaged players. I do miss the naivety and innocence of those early months, especially not even knowing what the directives were (I literally ignored them for months and only clicked on them during the Russian event for the first time, didn't get far and can't even recall which ship line it was promoting).

I have over 1700 random battles, and while it has been frustrating at times (lose streaks) overall I still enjoy myself. Good thing I can't read box, because I am sure the salt has been aimed at me more than once or twice. Co-op is still my go to mode most days, though grinding higher tiers in co-op is soul crushing. When I am feeling down, I load up Kurfurst and take him into co-op with his full manual secondaries. It's always fun, and never tense or tedious.

CV's don't bother me much at all, I find them to be very well balanced (considering actual CV's are totally OP in real life).

If it's one thing I've learned over the years it's that racism and toxicity aren't merely an issue in one ethnicity or nationality and that any group can be idiots given the right combination of conditions.

Sometimes language or chat barriers in games can be good for most players health, personally I like laughing at toxicity or playing with my food before I devour it... 😉

On the coop topic, I always forget how much I find coop boring but how easy it can be to lose if your allies turn into root vegetables... lol.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,548 posts

out of 100

80 frustration

15 so-so

5 fun

that 5 is justify free to play ... so ... I still playing but much less.

not gonna waste money in here though. even gacha mobile game still far more worth. 

Edited by PGM991

[KAMI]
1,505 posts
12,419 battles

this game i feel pretty meh already

there new contents but that doesnt excite me, i only came back for supercontainer recently

probably getting anchorage since i got 8k dubs for free and i use to complete 8 stages and now im on the 11th,after that dormant again 

[TF44]
[TF44]
268 posts
18,227 battles

I've been playing since after the Open full release circa late 2015.

The game has evolved in nearly all aspects. Mostly for the better. It has not been the changes in and of themselves that have detracted from the game.

It is primarily that the changes have been made:

1. without the area of change being finalised;
  2. without the ramifications of the changes on the overall game experience being considered (even at a basic level at times); and
  3. the player base input has been ignored or worse a small section of the player base has been catered to at the expense of the majority.

The end result is that the enjoyment factor of the game has been eroded considerably.

I do not want to roll back to previous versions.

I would like:

1. the Battle rewards system to encourage more aggressive play;
  2. the CV spotting to be reduced (watching latest proposal with interest); and
  3. there be less stacking of attributes on ships (whether that be individual ships or ship lines) eg Both Armour & Guns on Russian Ships, Both Guns and a ridiculously small turning circle on high tier Italian ships.

Despite the gimmicks and plethora of other useless events, new ships etc, the game has unfortunately stagnated because the core elements of the game haven't received the attention they need and deserve.

• Cool 4

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
10,850 battles

I'm pretty happy with the game.  Most of the changes they make I think are reasonable.  When they change ships I enjoy to be less fun, I always find other ships I enjoy just as much.

I've been playing since closed beta, and I enjoy the game now more than I ever did.  In the periods over the years that my enjoyment has waned, I've changed up what I play, or taken some time off.

In the end though, we all find different things fun.  If you're not enjoying the game, just take a break.  If you come back and still can't find fun in it, maybe it isn't for you anymore.  No point playing a game if you aren't having fun, isn't that the entire point?

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,102 posts
10,848 battles

Overall = meh~

As a player for 2 (almost 3) years, there are good changes for the game and there are some bad changes for the game.

WG is still very bad at communating to their playerbase / community. That did not change.

Sometimes the directives are a chore rather than fun to play.

Also, the gap between F2P and P2A is now much wider than before.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TDA]
701 posts
2,885 battles

I’m taking a wee bit off the game after playing intensely for a month also because I have tests coming up. But the general feeling I have for the game is both of love and hate. I love moments where it’s down to the wire and any move you do is going to change everything. But I hate the constant harassment from CVs, Radar and HE Spammers. Sadly enough the downsides outweigh the positives. But I still do really enjoy this game sometimes. Plus I usually play with a close friend of mine and that really keeps me going

[ULAG]
324 posts
10,539 battles
5 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

what ships are fun? i'll happily grind that out

The fun factor is quite varied among individuals, some loves the combo of tankiness + secondaries roaring, some loves nuking people from ranges while some loves putting a wall of metal fishes to unsuspecting prey, and there's more out there. For me, I love the French faction a lot as they are unique among peers, I can zip around with speed and they have the reload boosters, which in my opinion feels like using an ult, as the ship can turn into "true mode" for 15/20 seconds. Recently I am enjoying my time in Saint Louis and Des Moines, practicing speed juking techniques in the former and positioning skills in the latter. Try the Des Moines out, 5.5 seconds reload on a heavy cruiser is a hell lot of fun, but I took quite a lot of time to familiarize the ballistics and tried not getting nuked during positioning. 

5 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

i got better games in the donskoi than i have in the moskva

Yeah initially the learning curve of the line wasn't that great as Moskva has a completely different playstyle than the rest of the lines. The implemented split was nice as now we can learn different playstyles along the grind. Either a long range rail gun line or a mid range laser gun line with armor better than most T7/T8 battleships

[KAMI]
425 posts
5,652 battles

Sometimes fun.

But sometimes, the teams in random also makes me question why I'm trying to play because it feels like a waste of time when I can predict a match's outcome in under 10mins.

Too many events, most of which I'll never bother to grind to the end. WG's attempts to dangle things in front of me, is starting becoming annoying more often, than a real incentive at this point.

Balance-wise, questionable cases everywhere. Not that the playerbase helps much by not letting premiums to take direct nerfs.

I just want to be able to play ranked, and occasionally CB, without being at significant disadvantage for not owning premiums. (T8 ranked was just bad)

• Cool 1

105 posts
3,050 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah it depends on a range of factors which line is 'bad' or not...

KM DDs, fair enough.

KM BBs, upto T7, not so much, afterwards - sadly yes.

IJN BBs, CAs, solid if you know what you're doing.

IJN gunboat line is superb 8-10 but Haru you gotta be careful with as she's situationally a monster.

USN CAs and CLs have some of the best all round specs, be it DPM on CLs or general utility.

USN BBs are still solid, albeit slow in low-mid tiers.

RN DDs are beasts T7-10, but DD life is more difficult than other classes, at least in reliability for XP results.

RM CAs are all round goodies from T6, T6 is ok, T7 is great, T8 feels nice and T9-T10 are beasts... But if you don't know your stuff, e.g. have good aim or know how to play with their smoke it can be a punishing time.

I don't think any lines are OP start to finish, I think there's some strong or toxic ones for the game, i.e. Soviet BBs. (Their deck and nose armours are not good for the game) and I think there's some stupid ships in general; Petro, Slava, Smol, Enterprise...

the RN DDs? hmm i'm up to Jervis and i'm just not feeling it (probably because i play russian dd's) the shell arcs are lazy, cruisers are faster, but the quick smoke screens and long duration hydro is alright.

and well wows seems pretty balanced if you look at tech-trees, premiums... well, yeah

105 posts
3,050 battles
10 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Co-op hasn't changed much.

It is still fun, and I don't think I would ever get bored of it (as I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way).....

"It's the simple things in life that are often the best"

i rarely ever touch co-op, maybe i should

Sign in to follow this