Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HoChunHao

WG's lack of consistency in chat suspensions

14 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
188 posts
12,374 battles

I think at this point, we have seen some lack of consistency from WG and how easy going they can be on EULA violaters specifically referring to the RMT/Account Sharing and the punishments they have been issued and the lack of follow ups for repeating offences which has been further expanded here, 

In here, I will focus on the chat suspensions as I found WG really doesn't put that much effort and when effort is being put into, it is barely relevant. I am fairly certain by this point, you have been chat suspended on multiple occasions throught in-game reports from players who are salty and decided to report you for Inappropriate Behaviour In-Chat (I will touch in this later), getting flaged by WG's automated chat filter, and/or reports from players from submitting a ticket to the Customer Support.

When a player does say the F Word and by no means is directed to anyone for example, F I accidentally popped my radar, or anything along those lines with no intentions to being hostile to anyone, you get clapped with a chat suspension, and by chat suspension, it could be from their automated system where a player is flagged and the suspension is manually applied and/or a player that is a snowflake that would invest their already wasted time by creating a CS ticket to report.

But when a player, Chinese in this case (The majority and before anyone calls me out for discriminating/racist, I am a Chinese myself), says CNM, WDNMD which directly involves ones mother, they do not get punished for it. SB too, which has been quite common. But what does WG do in this case? Hmmmm, from the looks of it, NOTHING. Where is the consistency? A player can swear all the want in "∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎" and they are let off. Examples include,
>CNM CV, Which translate to "F your mum"
>SB CV, which translate to "Stupid C Word"
>WDNMD CV, which translates to "I F your mum"
Why isn't abbreviations like this which is very common this days not flagged? This is a direct attack to one's parents where they are not even involved yet WG doesn't put in the effort to punish such players. Yes, you can tell us to Submit a Ticket to CS but if other words can be automatically flagged, why can't this words be? And yes, there will be time where a player swears in "∎∎∎∎∎∎ CV" which we can't see but I am more than certain WG can flag this out and give out appropriate punishments.

image.png.e3358321c5359894253085a6892fab5f.png
image.png.a90e5484119261933ebc2690b8e1a9a9.png
^^^Images above are not from me, was from a friend. I find this quite hilarious

Now, let's talk about Inappropriate Chat Behaviour (The report option in-game),
To be honest, I see this to be very flawed. What does it do? Well on certain occasions, it is used correctly where it might get the attention of WG to look into the reported player's chat logs. But most of the time? This is heavily abused. There has been times (not just by me but I am sure various other players) has been chat suspended from 1-2 days from this automated function even IF the player said nothing in chat. The reason why a player chose to report for Inappropriate Chat Behaviour rather than the other options is that once a player receives a certain amount, they get automatically chat banned. This did indeed happen to me like 2 times, reason being? PLAYING SMOLENSK (Deserved I guess? All good)

An example of the abuse is this which did indeed happen,
image.thumb.png.12606bf807ef6044ba3902398b04e3ed.png
This was from a DIV mate of mine, we were in a DIV, he was caught offguard where a Musashi player was in his way and he was stucked to him in his Siegfried only to spot Black torps slowly creeping up to his broadside, what he said was in DIV chat not team and/or all chat, but take note the Ban by Complaints above. And what does it tell us? Somone did indeed abuse the report report function where once enough reports was received, the automated 1-2 day chat suspension kicks in.
>That image was from a ticket he made where the CS responded with something that isn't the reason he was chat suspended for as the only one can see it is ME and would I report him? Unlikely (Most of us can relate)
And upon further investigation of what happened that game, hmmmm, I do know who reported him,
image.png.0cb96c3ef112e8d975a8912220cb87ec.png
image.png.3f1b12ce1db6dafcba4ce1db16268c67.png
image.png.ab8681241436bd73e215c4c339c65b4a.png
image.png.0280e344a9dce1368f28a2b44379fd37.png
A little context to what happened,
>Low health JB was next to an island to our cap
>Cap magically got contested and he wasn't surface spotted by anyone which does tell me where he could be
>Me, in my Roon thought it would be wise to pop my spotter plane to get a top down view into that corner of the cap and I decided to lob a few shells over, manage to reset him
>Well, that happened
After than game and for the coming days, I wasn't chat suspended but somehow, may DIV mate was the next day in which he made a ticket.
REMEMBER, he wasn't chat suspended for what he said to me in DIV chat and that was 10mins before I reset that JB player, it was this player who might have spammed reported him instead of me, and when the DIV mate of mine contacted CS, he was given the message that was said to me in DIV CHAT.
Which is why I think this feature is flawed. Is there a need to report someone for Bad Play when you can report them for Misbehaviour in chat  which does the same function as Bad Play but with a chance to get someone chat suspended.

So back to the main topic which are the CNM, WDNMD, etc abbreviations, the lack of consistency,
What do you guys think about this? Should WG really up their game? Share us your stories.

Before anyone starts pointing people out and saying "Don't say this words then nothing will happen", I am more than aware of that, but we do know shit does happen at times where a player gets tilted with questionable players as of late. Also, do note you don't have to say anything in chat at all to get chat suspended because of that flawed "Misbehaviour In Chat" report.

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 4

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,337 posts
26,063 battles
5 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

oi shut it, dont spill the beans 😠

Edited by CV_NMSL
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,930 posts

Yet another reason why I don't play Randoms.

Bot's don't misbehave in chat.......

[CLAY]
2,667 posts
12,012 battles

Huh... most of the swear words get replaced by **** automatically in my chat.

But it’s a flaw in the automatic reporting system in which you’re reporting by players, who can report you for any reason they feel like (usually annoyed at you because you played too well or didn’t play well enough).

[MRI]
3,451 posts
14,846 battles

I am guessing WG isn't familiar with those abbreviations.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,337 posts
26,063 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

I am guessing WG isn't familiar with those abbreviations.

asking a bit much for a underpaid intern replaying to CS to be fluent in slang for multiple languages 

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
2,667 posts
12,012 battles

Well, jokes on those people using Chinese insults. I don’t understand any of it so it has no effect. Ha!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
188 posts
12,374 battles
16 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well, jokes on those people using Chinese insults. I don’t understand any of it so it has no effect. Ha!

∎∎∎∎∎, ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎

[CLAY]
2,667 posts
12,012 battles
42 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

∎∎∎∎∎, ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎

No Effect!

[ULAG]
322 posts
10,539 battles

Not sure if I can perfectly convey my points here, so I will apologize in advance for any misunderstandings.

I would say, toxicity exists in every PvP games, WoWS is also one of them, and due to the rather relaxed restriction of words in chat it can get quite messy during arguments, especially in here we have multiple nations with multiple languages, therefore we can see various swears/insults. Even if chat is removed one can still be toxic by constantly spamming F11s/F12s when teammates makes some mistakes:cap_old:

The in game karma system is barely relevant and usable, thus players resort to use chat-bans to "punish" others instead, is it effective? Sadly yes as the report chat function is also flawed as pointed by OP. IIRC someone said a few players can flood a player with "misbehaviors in chat" report and get him chat-banned (please point me out if this is wrong). 

As for the abbreviations, welp originally those terms are "invented" to bypass the word censoring, so in order to keep in game chat clean for those stuffs, I suppose WG has to consult someone familiar with those stuffs and flagged those words up. But I think players will always find another way or words to vent their anger and spread salt. 

On the other hand, since open beta of the game I have been using the English client. But I switch to Chinese client recently as I noticed more and more squares appearing in the chat box, and I kind of regret my decision, some of the Chinese messages I saw during my solo random adventures are salty stuffs, sometimes I wish I can unsee them. Even with the censoring in game there are still various ways one can express his concerns about others parents, or what he does to others tombs (the Chinese culture is indeed extensive and profound, unfortunately it goes the same way in swearing). Which is why sometimes seeing squares is a good thing, it is confusing but at least it will not disgust one's eyes or boiled one's blood.

Do I got chat-banned before? Yes, once. But in hindsight I totally deserve it as I use a scientific term to describe a questionable play 😅

@notyourfather thanks for the list, its quite amusing to see all these flagged stuffs

Edited by rookieFTW
  • Cool 3

[KAMI]
424 posts
5,641 battles

I've said some fairly toxic things on a few occasions, never been chatbanned yet.

But I had a friend who says he got chatbanned a few times, I didn't ask what he got banned for tho. I only guess his words were on another level, or fitted into a more offensive category of insults.

[LBAS]
151 posts
7,072 battles
On 9/6/2020 at 5:31 PM, Verytis said:

I've said some fairly toxic things on a few occasions, never been chatbanned yet.

But I had a friend who says he got chatbanned a few times, I didn't ask what he got banned for tho. I only guess his words were on another level, or fitted into a more offensive category of insults.

if that player decide to contact the CS , you are in the chat ban list too. 

Sign in to follow this