You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlackLancer2014

Single Install Instance

4 comments in this topic

[TCY]
33 posts
17,811 battles

Hey Devs,

I know why you have separate install instances for each server/region but it would be nice to have the option to have just one install instance for all server/regions. I'm perfectly fine with being unable to play on a server/region with a client that is not in-sync with the current active version. It will eventually sync anyway in less than 24 hours. I play on the SEA, NA and EU servers so I have three instances of the same game so it takes up a LOT of disk space. Don't even get me started with updating. I mean, how hard can it be to implement this?

[-CAT-]
2,045 posts
10,774 battles
15 minutes ago, BlackLancer2014 said:

Hey Devs,

I know why you have separate install instances for each server/region but it would be nice to have the option to have just one install instance for all server/regions. I'm perfectly fine with being unable to play on a server/region with a client that is not in-sync with the current active version. It will eventually sync anyway in less than 24 hours. I play on the SEA, NA and EU servers so I have three instances of the same game so it takes up a LOT of disk space. Don't even get me started with updating. I mean, how hard can it be to implement this?

WG is working on it. I think they will implement this on 0.9.9. No need to install 3 instances. This really saves a lot of disk space.

Though I would like to try NA and EU servers, WG still do not have a sync function, so that, what you have on one server, the other 2 will also have.

Anywho, update info from WG dev blog:

Technical improvements:

With the release of Update 0.9.9, players will be able to play on all servers of World of Warships using one client, without the need to have a separate copy for each region.

The game server will be determined by the current account selected in the Wargaming Game Center.

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/68

Look in the Technical Improvement section.

[TCY]
33 posts
17,811 battles

I imagine they won't have that kind of sync function as there will be major issues with clans. I have a significant stash of unused dubloons that I paid for in cash in my NA account since I haven't logged in there for quite some time as I have been focusing on my main SEA account. If they do ever decide to go sync, I hope I can transfer my unused dubloons to my SEA profile.  

[TF44]
[TF44]
268 posts
18,176 battles

What I understand is that we will only have to have a single installation of the game to access all servers.

However you will still need separate accounts to play on the individual servers. It will not affect extant accounts or newly created ones.

• Cool 1