Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amnesia98

PT 0.9.9, changes to test ships

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,321
Member
4,516 posts
8,621 battles

Wow you guys posted here now? COOL! Let's do this from now on!

 

Quote

Japanese battleship Hizen, Tier IX:

Main battery guns reload time increased from 30 to 38 s;

1750204317_LaughMen-In-Suits.jpg.4200ec1442e198027fc97abc2bf82ad5.jpg

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,132
[FORCE]
Member
2,202 posts
11,695 battles

Wait a minute. Hizen got nerfed to 38 secs, but Shikishima got 27 secs.

Why?

16 inch guns have become redundant at T9 since Georgia & Musashi are also in the same tier, and their reload is far superior than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,321
Member
4,516 posts
8,621 battles
7 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

16 inch guns have become redundant at T9 since Georgia & Musashi are also in the same tier, and their reload is far superior than this.

Twelve guns.

There is no way in Davy Jones' locker 6 510 mm would have the same alpha/DPM as 12 410.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Wow you guys posted here now? COOL! Let's do this from now on!

Actually, they do. It was Work In Progress who was the first to do.

 

As for WG staff and admin, agree with @Paladinum.

Please post both here (general discussion) and at the news and information section.

 

WG Asia admin and staff are now slowly engaging with their playerbase / community.

This is:

aku.gif.a8492c411752248e1780a7afb94eba0e.gif

 

They now noticing us sem poi~.

 


Blog Topic:

 

Da fudge!

Nerfs on both ships?!

 

Paulo Emilio:

How the fudge are we suppose to play Italian DD?

 

Keep in mind that the torpedo range is only at 4km for a T9 DD.

Even with exhaust smoke and emergency engine power, there are radar and sonar that could detect the ship before the DD could perform her torpedo run.

Or am I missing something.:fish_book:

 

Hizen:

What is her armor scheme and thiccness?

Depending on her armor thiccness or speed, the 38 second reaload will either be reasonable or unreasonable. :fish_book:

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[KAMI]
Member
423 posts
5,641 battles
22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Japanese battleship Hizen, Tier IX:

Main battery guns reload time increased from 30 to 38 s;

Basically killing the DPM advantage of having 12 guns, reducing it to Izumo levels.

Except Izumo has less superstructure, a bow tank friendly setup, better sigma. All for a larger alpha?

Unless the survivability is good, this is not looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,132
[FORCE]
Member
2,202 posts
11,695 battles
22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Twelve guns.

There is no way in Davy Jones' locker 6 510 mm would have the same alpha/DPM as 12 410.

Fair point.

But neither Pommern, nor Alsace have to suffer that much. Sure those two might have terrible accuracy & actually smaller guns, but the former is a full-fledged brawler (as proved in the 3v3 Sprint) while the latter is fast.

If Hizen follows the "longer reload, but very accurate" gimmick, those guns better be good enough at medium-long range to compensate the mediocre reload. Especially if this ship gets Yamato/Musashi's citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[IPV4]
Member
1 post
2,198 battles

so reload is FAR slower on the low caliber shells than heavier and high caliber shell i.e Musashi/Georgia which has an average reload

its like each gun/turrent waits to reload after the previous gun/turrent finishes its reload

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

If Hizen follows the "longer reload, but very accurate" gimmick, those guns better be good enough at medium-long range to compensate the mediocre reload. Especially if this ship gets Yamato/Musashi's citadel.

 

40 minutes ago, Gilveneli said:

so reload is FAR slower on the low caliber shells than heavier and high caliber shell i.e Musashi/Georgia which has an average reload

its like each gun/turrent waits to reload after the previous gun/turrent finishes its reload

I think WG is basing her reload to a comparable T9 ship. The upcoming USN BB T9 Minnesota. 12 guns with AB-XY configuration.

Minnesota has 40 second reload, but she is slow (21 knots). Opposite to Hizen. Which has 38 second reload, but she is fast (28 knots).
Also USN BB upgrade slot 6 gets 11% accuracy, and USN BB upgrade slot 3 gets 16% range increase.
While the rest gets either reload upgrade (will drop Hizen's reload to 33 seconds [estimate]) or range upgrade (will increase Hizen's reach to 24.5 [estimate]) at slot 6.

However, I recall that USN BB sigma got nerfed hard in recent updates.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,362 posts
5,741 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

 

I think WG is basing her reload to a comparable T9 ship. The upcoming USN BB T9 Minnesota. 12 guns with AB-XY configuration.

Minnesota has 40 second reload, but she is slow (21 knots). Opposite to Hizen. Which has 38 second reload, but she is fast (28 knots).
Also USN BB upgrade slot 6 gets 11% accuracy, and USN BB upgrade slot 3 gets 16% range increase.
While the rest gets either reload upgrade (will drop Hizen's reload to 33 seconds [estimate]) or range upgrade (will increase Hizen's reach to 24.5 [estimate]) at slot 6.

However, I recall that USN BB sigma got nerfed hard in recent updates.

It's Kansas that suffered much nerf (1.7 to 1.5). Minnesota and Vermont's sigma values were increased to 1.8 and 1.9 respectively.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[-CAT-]
Member
2,091 posts
10,832 battles
3 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

It's Kansas that suffered much nerf (1.7 to 1.5). Minnesota and Vermont's sigma values were increased to 1.8 and 1.9 respectively.

Good to know that it's only Kansas.

Still sucks that Kansas' sigma was nerfed.

She is slow. Nerfing her accuracy just made it worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
671
[LBAS]
Member
4,725 posts
10,726 battles

38sec is interesting JOKES

well I pass it 30-32 is standard large caliber guns 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
671
[LBAS]
Member
4,725 posts
10,726 battles

Capture.PNG.9b67bab5909567edbda67d44b7263be6.PNG

image.thumb.png.8637286fbe241100e614700773f3986c.png

Honestly you would like to need this type?
I'm not pay for to be scarecrow you know

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,278
[151ST]
Member
2,353 posts
9,873 battles

The core issue is that 12 x 406/410 mm guns is a Tier 10 thing...

When you drop that down tiers, something has gotta give...

This all would have been much easier... If:

- Shiki didn't exist, bump Hizen to T10.

- Musashi wasn't broken at T9, they could have sold her for longer (they're looking for an IJN premium T9 BB, is basically my assessment)

- They could be bothered to design some different hulls, instead of just copying Yama-style (has a stupid front citadel shape that is counter-intuitive to normal BB angling)

- They'd focus on doing a legit BB (BC) split for IJN, effectively doubling the number of base hull types for them to mash with guns, also providing all sorts of possible 12 x 410 mm options.

- they weren't so focused on releasing absurd numbers of ships and instead focused on actual content like new operations...

Edited by S4pp3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,317 posts
4,939 battles

In my experience with rng, 12 guns means all the more to miss you with my dear.

Currently doing directive to hit enemy with main guns 700 times in a BB.

Using JB with reload booster....often only 1 shot will hit at 12-15kms....

And JB only gets 8 guns!.

GANGSTA WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×