Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

cv protecting ships

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

u mean u protect ur friendly ship from coming enemy shells with ur ship?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

if you talk the all fighers plus 1 bomber , then you can protect allies bb , but it seems like i am the only one who does this .

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Well I did it once - Shot down 31 Aircrafts - still lost.

The thing is, shooting stuff down don't reward you very well - say the game I had my base XP was only like ~1000.

More worryingly, if the enemy had NO carrier and you've got the dedicated fighter set up, well you are out of luck brah, better ram stuff.

If the enemy Carrier is higher tier than you, again, see you next time :D

There are just not too much incentive to DEDICATE to protect your allies. I usually place my fighter on the BB who rushed ahead (Which is likely to get attacked) - That work at times, but many occasion the enemy go the other way and it's too late to protect them. Just my opinion though:honoring: 

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

My strategy is Attack enemy bomber and left 1 planes from it

and say good luck to him/her trying to torp something with one bomber (or he/she might prefer to calling back his/her squadron)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

if you talk the all fighers plus 1 bomber , then you can protect allies bb , but it seems like i am the only one who does this .

I do that too sometimes although it's more about killing their planes than protecting allies, it's aggressive defense. However, fighter loadout is just too unrewarding to be of practical use.

Although we can be glad next patch Dive Bombers gonna get a HUGE buff, allowing them to do 5-10 times more damage with their HE bombs, and plane kill might net more exp, making fighter loadout more profitable.

Also, there will be a split of CV roles, with USN CV gravitating more toward Air Superiority while IJN CV are more attack-oriented. You still won't have enough fighter squads to stop all those IJN Bombers though.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

i never divert my fighters to cover BB's if they are in a group. If something other than a Kongo is by itself I'll generally give it fighter cover unless my bombers are heading to a concentration of enemy fighters.

Alpha Tester
199 posts
226 battles

Playing with the new tier 10 IJN CV, it looks like I was more helpful to my team just loading up with nothing but TB and DB and then just sending them against a enemy BB. It make our BB job easier to do. 

Edited by goff

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

As you are playing a CV you can hardly get match into a 2 full fighter module CV team with the current MM

Sign in to follow this