You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HoChunHao

Playing Destroyers in the current Meta

37 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
243 posts
12,482 battles

So, what's the purpose of this thread? Good question after all this recent threads not to mention one of the latest hottest thread "Radar is too op , DD class goes to trash 1 battle / 5 or 6 radar ships 3 sonar ships + 2 CV",
In this thread, I will complile my own tips and tricks when playing DDs as with various information which might be useful, and ofcourse, credit is due to where credit is due.

Issue with DD player's now,
>Lack of situational awareness to what is going on around them, (Generally enemie's positioning throughout the battle),

>Lack of understanding on the ships they are going against, radar/hydro distance and duration,

>I am a DeeDee player, I must under all circumstances contest cap in the first minutes of battle, (Ignoring the presence of CV players and radars that could spot them out and remove them out of the cap and potentially killing them off,

>Popping smoke when they enter a cap to cap it out, with the mentality of "If I pop smoke, they can't see me" while sitting still broadside in the cap only to have torps to come out of no where and get removed. Smoking kills,

>If I pop smoke, I should be safe, slowly stays in their smoke to cap and BOOM, radared, dies, blames team for no support, (Quite a common sighting as DD players tend to pop smoke as they enter the cap without realising they denied spotting for themselves, and who knows, maybe if they played it better, they might have spotted a player getting into position to remove them off the cap) and also, smoke reveals where you are, a rough location that it

>Instantly smoking once they are detected

>Inability to use/toggle AA with P, not understanding their air detect and AA range, abysmal map awareness

Tips, tricks and improvements, (This won't work if you are unwilling to help yourself and be in a state of denied and the mentality of "I am always right")
>Enlarge your minimap please with the + and keys on your keyboard. It doesn't hurt playing with a larger minimap

>First and foremost, being able to understand that yes, sometimes you lack support from your team but most of the time, it falls on you as the player. Being able to understand that it's your fault and seek what you can improve next time from your misplay. Even if I consider myself good, I am still prone to doing stupid mistakes that might have costed me mu health/ship/game

>As a DD, you DO NOT have to rush to the cap instantly, stay back, don't enter the cap, evaluate your surroundings, spot around and with the information you have gathered, then you decide what to do after. Do note, by entering a cap, you are letting the enemy know you are in it and they might be coming for you

>CV game? Don't YOLO out alone when the game starts, hang around your team first for their AA support that might be able to ward off the CV player. Not presenting yourself as a vulnerable target alone in the open.

>Learn to toggle your AA by using the P key, before that, know your ship's air detect and AA range, if the enemy CV is in your air detect, turn on your AA, there is no point in leaving it off. But now you are left with 2 options depending on what the CV player does, 1) CV goes for a strike on another ally target near you but is out of your air detect, leave your AA on, help that ally by dealing plane damage, you still shoot flak (exceptions can be made for some) and who knows you might be lucky where you flak/continuous damage might kill those planes off before the CV player manages to get in a strike. 2) CV is attempting to come back and make a strike on you but is out/leaving your air detect range, TURN OFF your AA, yes, it may look like it does not do much but it does, leaving your AA on would give the enemy CV an easier time to line up a good strike on you. Turning it off then on again as it enters your air detect might force the enemy CV to make adjustments that might skew their reticle.

>Knowing the enemy lineup, what radar ships are there, their range and duration, hydro ships and their effective hydro range,
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Surveillance_Radar_Data
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Hydroacoustic_Search_Data

>Island blocks shells, but do note some island may be lower than others and long distance high arching shells might lobe over

>Do not and I repeat, DO NOT instantly smoke up when you are hard spotted by another DD. Give it some time, and under most circumstances, the enemy DD player will smoke himself up denying his spotting on you and good job, you saved a smoke. But this also requires you to have map knowledge and what DD might be the one spotting you. Turn on ship names for you minimap. 

>Plan an excape route, don't put yourself into unfavourable positions (An island blocking your escape route), when there are islands, take advantage of those, if you are getting radared and you have a general idea where it's coming from, you could head over to that island and take cover from it so shells can't hit you.

>Play safe, don't throw yourself away. You are one of the most valueble classes in-game. Want to play it risky? Sure, do so at your own risk and if only you are fairly certain you will come out alive. Don't blame your team for your mishaps.

>Pressing the key will show you detailed parameters of your ship, air detect, AA range, etc

>Hold control in-game and hover your over to the minimap's top right corner, enable those options/circles, they are useful for judging, (No point when you have your minimap size small as you can barely see anything from it)

Credits, CV_NMSL, Tagnbag, Thyaliad, BeardyBandit, Puggsley

Edits will be made throughtout in here, inputs are more than welcomed

This are my performance in DDs in the last 21 days, they are not for braging rights. It is to show it is still doable
image.thumb.png.75e803b1395dc73e1c141ab02660faaa.pngimage.thumb.png.130a60377be55bcba235644b03c21369.pngimage.thumb.png.67b4969553fbf8bd4ac4e43db3d4b3c0.pngimage.thumb.png.83a33c7614a5519ee5c09f392f86dac4.pngimage.thumb.png.c4e81b300bd240c3d818606157f89c19.png

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 10

[ANZAF]
482 posts
6,560 battles

If you don't remember pressing "H" will show your detection and AA ranges.

[LBAS]
3,070 posts
14,499 battles
Just now, CV_NMSL said:

er, what?

If Radar is too OP what was aircraft then? Broken?

Despite the radar meta. Those cruisers still begone with Yamato full Secondary build and Richtofen Carrier sniping.

The planes from Richtofen are insanely fast and can citadel most cruises. Even Des Moines isn't safe from the AP rockets

[NCOTS]
433 posts
11,034 battles
32 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

But now you are left with 2 options depending on what the CV player does

May I know the second option?

Oh and Btw I recommend showing all circles in the minimap, therefore one can judge whether he can juke the planes or open the AA instead, and whether the enemy is in the effective range of torps. DDs can also cap while reversing, so when radared one can pop the speed boost and straightaway escape.

I would like some input in how to play EU DDs as well, I am not too sure whether I should contest the cap like a German DD/USN DD or I should instead scout ahead like an IJN DD (shima line)/French DD; EU DDs are kind of in a middle ground. Which I have decent gunpower and torps but no smoke, not the best concealment for DD fights, sometimes too slow to escape. So, what shall a EU DD player have in their mindset? (tbh I suck at them sadly)

Edited by rookieFTW

[REPOI]
243 posts
12,482 battles
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:34 PM, IJN_Katori said:

Also, this has got nothing to do with where they originated from, this has got nothing to do with their origin/country.
This complains/rants and irrelevant useless feedback can come from anyone across all regions, there are no specific regions when it comes to this. And no, I am not defending mainland players, but what you said really is not relevant. Just because someone comes from X country doesn't mean they are speaking out of their rear.

• Cool 1

[ANZAF]
482 posts
6,560 battles
12 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

May I know the second option?

Oh and Btw I recommend showing all circles in the minimap, therefore one can judge whether he can juke the planes or open the AA instead, and whether the enemy is in the effective range of torps. DDs can also cap while reversing, so when radared one can pop the speed boost and straightaway escape.

I would like some input in how to play EU DDs though, I am not too sure whether I should contest the cap like a German DD/USN DD or I should instead scout ahead like an IJN DD (shima line)/French DD; EU DDs are kind of in a middle ground. Which I have decent gunpower and torps but no smoke, not the best concealment for DD fights, sometimes too slow to escape. So, what shall a EU DD player have in their mindset? (tbh I suck at them sadly)

Not the best player around but i enjoyed the EU DD.

As you note off you are slow, and not very agile,  with no way out of trouble if you are spotted, until you can get distance break. Any dds who outspot you will be at a significant advantage if you blunder into them and take a while to get out of spotting distance. Your heals can mitigate this a little to get you out of trouble but its last gasp type of stuff.

Early on I tried to be close to caps and gain info. Had a couple of extremely memorable blind kills launching torps at the back of islands in caps as soon as the first reload was up to catch out enemies rushing to cap and hide in cover. Your fast reload torps and longer range make you a real threat to ships transiting to the fighting zones at the start. Unaware BBs are very vulnerable. I tried to push forward to be in a position to do this.

You need to balance with CV threat - you do have fearsome AA so you are not quite as vulnerable as some dds, you can burn one defensive fire and then play a little more conservatively.

After that was pretty much spot, torp on reload and be the one managing points. Its amazing how many enemy DDs will take a cap then bugger off and not defend it. Take opportunistic caps. Gun down vulnerable enemies. Guns are short range so if you are careful with your engagements you can drop off detection as soon as you get the kill.

Need to be careful with enemy gunboats; if they disable one of your turrets you may have no guns at all able to fire on them. Generally it was only torp enemy gunboats and try to keep them spotted. 

Against smokers the fast torps don't give a lot of time to react. If you watch the torps closely and got a hit, the fast firing guns were useful to follow up with blind shots.

In games with low numbers of dds you can have a huge advantage in a gunfight against enemy dds with no heals. I would often be pretty aggressive in picking a fight if I had even reasonable support. Your fast torps are also useful in knife-fights, however you don't have the best firing angles. Rewards for killing them were large because you have eliminated the only ones who give you grief because of better viewrange.

In games with lots of radar (T( & T10) you have the range to work around it. If you can get into flanking positions at long range your narrow spread option can really hit them hard. This tactic works well with any common island humping spots. Ships with slow acceleration are really easy to hit.

And if you have Jerzy (5% reduction for every 8 torp hits, keeps reducing as many times as you can get it), then you can get some really low reload times - its kind of like having AR for free. With the narrow spread, super fast and low detect torps it comes into play very often. 

• Cool 6

[_BOB_]
[_BOB_]
20 posts
4,935 battles

I'd like to add another one to your (impressive) list that a lot of DD players don't do: Reverse into the cap! 

So many DDs enter the cap forwards, get radar'd and then eat a ton of damage making a 180 degree turn to bail. If you don't know where the radar ships or enemy DDs are, take the extra time to stop, turn and reverse into the cap. That way if you soon get sprung by radar, you can bail quickly and only show a very narrow profile to the enemy.

Sounds simple but I rarely see anyone else do it.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
2,446 posts
11,527 battles

Not a very good DD player, but yes, the "P" button absolutely helps against CV spotting.

Do not fire main armament unless you really have to.
or
You are sure that you can take advantage (pot shot) the enemy.
or
That the enemy is in low health and you are sure that you can kill the enemy.

I also see some players make rookie mistakes.

Just because AP has a higher damage than HE does not mean it will always work or do 100% damage.
    AP shells will ricochet if done wrong.
    AP shells will also shatter if you hit the thick part of the enemy's armor.
          Hitting the enemy BB bow or stern with AP shells will work.
          Some (not all) enemy cruisers can be citadelled. But this is a very risky. Do not do this unless you are sure you can hit the cruiser's citadel at close range.

HE shells do consistent damage, but please, please read the armaments details before entering the game. Especially penetration details.
     Do not fire at the hull. (Except DD v DD.)
     Go for the superstructure where you can do the most gun damage.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,004 posts
16,195 battles

My take as a DD Player .. adapting as stated in prior posts on this thread are all sound , but that does not take on the core issue on hand why so much anguish and complain ..

Why this meta , why over powering mechanisms that basically had no counter measure that nullify the core play a class of ship had and not just that but the reach and duration of Radar coupled with abundance of Radar, AA that cannot AA, and others.

I had state this before and will state it again until the game change for the better DD as a class is the only class that basically allow almost zero margin for error and yet now are deprived of their core play to consistently, effectively, and efficiently to go their fighting utilizing their core play . BB can power and tank and simply over power others Cruiser can utilize their utility and flexibility , CV can spawn their plane with almost immunity.

What's it for DD , NO each and every of your core play are to be and indeed nullified you are not allow thus your fair chance and fair play in game. You will not be allowed your possibility to do your fair share of damage dealing and all your other so call DD play task are to be danger lurking zero reward and do nothing to help you the DD at all. 

So now come some recommendations that actually allow a DD to do his / her due of offensive / defensive combat within the spec the DDs had . How about only 6km Torp and guns that are outranged by Radar on Khana, or all the mid tier DD who don't had that 5th slot. Even top tier are no better off.

Playing DD yes it's perfectly doable but that is not the core issue the issue is the meta itself , a game meta that is proven not equal and not fair to the one playing DD . It's not 1 single thing it's all combined and work together. 

Are there things that could be, should be done to made it fair so DD can engage in combat in relative ease just as CV can Cruise can & BB can ... Sure the Question always is if WG will do it or if the player base ( and most are not playing DD main ) can accept a class of ship again consistently , effectively , and efficiently able to go offensive on them as well as able to be defensive on your side ... Right now all I hear from guns to DD players is always just go cap go spot go do this go do that when no one care if their demand are pacing the DD into harm's way without them providing the needed fire cover, AA , Close support. And there is the 2nd main issue with the meta - the lack of actual immediate close support of any sort 

Of course it's possible to just had the DD simply stay within the group to gain the needed fire cover and close support but then the issue become what can a DD do for the team when placing itself back far out of range unable to do anything.

• Cool 4

[LBAS]
1,551 posts

I AM adapt.

But just because I'm adapted doesn't mean I have to accept them.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
243 posts
12,482 battles
2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

I had state this before and will state it again until the game change for the better DD as a class is the only class that basically allow almost zero margin for error and yet now are deprived of their core play to consistently, effectively, and efficiently to go their fighting utilizing their core play . BB can power and tank and simply over power others Cruiser can utilize their utility and flexibility , CV can spawn their plane with almost immunity.

What's it for DD , NO each and every of your core play are to be and indeed nullified you are not allow thus your fair chance and fair play in game. You will not be allowed your possibility to do your fair share of damage dealing and all your other so call DD play task are to be danger lurking zero reward and do nothing to help you the DD at all.

Yes, under the current state of the game, the strain on DD players is rather high hence the skill level required to play it. Yes, your typical average player will suffer because of all this stuff in the game but the same can be said with other classes but not as severe in terms of DD. This is what I prefer, reward those who knows what they are doing, the ones that are knowledgeable and having the situational awareness. Why should the game cater to your average player where in certain cases, they might get lucky. Other than that, all this players and their playstyle will always stay the same because of the mentality of DD players now "Issue with DD players now" , when it comes to DD gameplay, I can still do my fair share of impact in games and it is fairly consistent other than some "fuck ups" on my end.

BB can power and tank but that is assuming they know what they are doing. Brainlessly push and with enemies that can realise what you are doing and you are pretty much useless as you get focussed down. Cruisers too if the enemy isn't sooo tunneled visioned and is aware of the situation. As far as I can tell from DD plays, I have my chances, my opportunities to do my fair share of battle impact, damage. If you are all too focused on getting your damage count, you are pretty much putting yourself in unfavorable positions which might get you punished. I wouldn't consider it a "zero reward", you do get rewarded on the actions you do, that is assuming your team is not full of Tomatoes, Strawberries, Cherries

2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

So now come some recommendations that actually allow a DD to do his / her due of offensive / defensive combat within the spec the DDs had . How about only 6km Torp and guns that are outranged by Radar on Khana, or all the mid tier DD who don't had that 5th slot. Even top tier are no better off.

Khaba is in its own class and so are the RU DDs as they are mainly Gunboats on the main line. I do however agree how WG has power creeped it. If I remember correctly, Khaba's guns outrange radar as it has a 13.5km gun range with AFT, if you do decide to play it without AFT, then it is on the user. I do find it surprising where it's mainly those below average and bad that are finding this quite problematic. It's all because of their lack of experience and knowledge and this is especially important for DDs

If a player pings, calls the DD player out to do this/that and the player does it and gets punished for it, it's on them for listening to others. And I mainly see this play from DD players that are average and below. A player that knows what they are doing will ignore such requests or is able to analyse whether said action will result in death, etc. A player that knows what's going on will know what's best for him and for the team, but obviously there will be those DD Players that straights out ignore or not capable of making the right choices and is repeatedly in a state of "I am always right" (Dunning Kruger).

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
72 posts
9,665 battles

Any tips on how to play the gunboats like French DD and Soviet DD when there is a matchup against CV?

If you have mentioned it then I would like to apologize in advance. I have scrolled all the way to comment my own.

[REPOI]
243 posts
12,482 battles
6 minutes ago, How_To_Play_This said:

Any tips on how to play the gunboats like French DD and Soviet DD when there is a matchup against CV?

If you have mentioned it then I would like to apologize in advance. I have scrolled all the way to comment my own.

Well when there are CVs, you do generally want to stick with your team to get their AA support, their air concealment may not be as good to other DDs but do toggle them, even if a CV manages to get a strike in, atleast their reticle won't be that accurate assuming your are toggling your AA. It is indeed a bummer where RU DDs lack the ability to use range mod. So, play back at the early stages of the battle, stay within AA support of your team, give it some time until their reserves run out. If a CV keeps focussing you, well, not much you can do about it other than being the bait but taking their attention away. I will have to play more RU DD games later on in the coming few days to comment on it further

As for French DDs, I can't comment much on its gameplay as me myself haven't played it much or at all, got the T6 and just left it be. I am sure there are other players that can help you for this.

May I know which tier you are at? As of now, Khaba isn't good. You are better off playing Tashkent as she has more range, more agility and it doesn't take full AP BB pens which hurts quite alot. 

I'll reply later, on mobile, really is a pain to try to type it out lol.

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 1

[-FUN-]
427 posts
7,206 battles

I was a DD player.. now I'm more of CA/CL.. still the most flexible, offer reasonably dynamic gameplay and the most consistent with the ever-changing meta (submarines come to mind).

For mid-low tier DD can still be fun, though.

[SMOKE]
2,004 posts
16,195 battles

Well of course any class of ships require the player not to go do stupid mistake but read my words the other class players are allowed that margin of error and can play with relative ease when DD player not only not afford the margin of error but as put forth by many here require exceedingly higher level of expertise to even able to fight on , then it's by design penalising the DD players for no other reason other than that they are playing DD

Yes , DD can be play in this meta , does not mean it's right or even fair .... 

Where playing all other class you will be penalised if you made stupid mistakes but average players can still put in effort and play and get rewarded for their effort where as stated by you guys that DD players require high skill cap and placed with high strain and require that ( skill level ) to even start play straight and yet can we call that fairness at play.

And it's not me or DD player too focused on the capping, damage dealing it's the game itself ... You simply are not rewarded duely for all the hard work unless you happen to do the prior mentioned. As I like to put it there is every negative incentive placed when DD go out to do so many of these so call DD thing.

I state that in previous post all the other class are allowed their play with RELATIVE EASE , allowing player to play and possibility to excel if you play well and not commencing stupid mistakes ... DD no you are required to had that high  esteem of a skill level to even able to start playing ( and hope that your team's others are actually team playing ) ... so again yes it's certainly true it's playable with the meta on hand but that does not made it right and fundamentally DD need a rework to allow the range the stealth the speed and the maneuverability as they are mean to be having

I will reiterate it's not about can or how DD are to be play in this meta it can and there are ways to do so .... Does not negate the fact that the meta which create this unfair playing field against the class - in game it's an imbalance but I would term it a discrimination

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

Administrator, WG Staff
219 posts

This is super good advice for all players, not just DDs. I am still in the process of learning all the mechanics of different ships in the game. There is a lot, but everything makes sense. It's just learning the ships and their abilities. 

Thanks for the good post. Well-written with some thoughtful advice. 👍

• Cool 2

[KNCOL]
72 posts
9,665 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, HoChunHao said:

Well when there are CVs, you do generally want to stick with your team to get their AA support, their air concealment may not be as good to other DDs but do toggle them, even if a CV manages to get a strike in, atleast their reticle won't be that accurate assuming your are toggling your AA. It is indeed a bummer where RU DDs lack the ability to use range mod. So, play back at the early stages of the battle, stay within AA support of your team, give it some time until their reserves run out. If a CV keeps focussing you, well, not much you can do about it other than being the bait but taking their attention away. I will have to play more RU DD games later on in the coming few days to comment on it further

As for French DDs, I can't comment much on its gameplay as me myself haven't played it much or at all, got the T6 and just left it be. I am sure there are other players that can help you for this.

May I know which tier you are at? As of now, Khaba isn't good. You are better off playing Tashkent as she has more range, more agility and it doesn't take full AP BB pens which hurts quite alot. 

I'll reply later, on mobile, really is a pain to try to type it out lol.

I have played to Tashkent for RU DD and I really have no idea how to play this line properly. My WR and PR are terrible on Minsk and Kiev. My Tashkent stat is not doing good as I have used the "DD" type of captain.

I have Guepard for French DD but I find her quite difficult to play for not only lack of smoke but also the arc of shells.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,912 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, Puggsley said:

If you don't remember pressing "H" will show your detection and AA ranges.

When I'm in a DD, I have dropped perfect smoke at the perfect range and a fatass cruiser comes and stops BEHIND me in MY SMOKE without being able to benefit from it and gets me shot or torped...

h.jpg

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,912 battles
48 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

^^ or pushes you out of your smoke......

Oh yeah THAT'S my fave...

• Cool 1

[TR_MU]
325 posts
4,971 battles

Yes, many advise, many tactics, many strategy, you can't play without them. 

But end of the battle ,  you can ask yourself this question : That was funny ? Absolutely no for me...  May be yes for you and i'm not authority..

All of you  forgetting this things " All of us playing for fun". I'm not soldier or captain in my real life, and if i want play warships simulator, i can buy simulator game Like famous Airplane or truck simulation game. Already some part of the game worst . Everybody giving advise  about " citadel hit, shell travel time like real life but  everyone accept radars (behind of the wall). DD gameplay dead for me after 4 radar 3 DD and 1cv. DD was stucking beetween the islands like BB. 

Why DD was funny ? low detect range, short enemy destroy time with torpedos, you can move around without detection and freely  and etc.. So now ? i'm detected almost every 30-40 sec inside of the 1 min due to radar / DD / CV.  I will don't say anything about Des mones with 1 min radar time and now you may see min 3 des mones every battle. (3x4 time 12 min. Already sometimes battle ended almost 15 min. So i can say this  You have to play like BB with DD. 

DD gameplay broken for me now ... Every match i'm playing against to 3 Radar  " MIN" , 3 DD min and  1 CV. Completely unfunny. Yes u can use mountains etc.. but you have to wait and run from enemy during 10 min. You have protect yourself during 10 min if you can survive,  Completely broken for me because i'm playing for fun and now this is not funny. I will change my main ship. I'm started with CV as a beginner and CV broken, now DD gameplay broken. I belive all ships gameplay should be broken after few update and game will die.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,139 battles

I've been gravitating back to DD's pretty heavily over the last couple of months.  Before that I probably played DD's and CV's in about equal amounts (with BB's occasionally and cruisers very rarely), but I'm back to about 70% DD games recently.

I'm just finding DD's extremely comfortable to play atm.  If it's a CV battle it feels great to play DD's, but a decent level of situational awareness is required.  I find this very enjoyable.  If there is no CV it feels like WoWs easy mode, and DD's feel quite OP in that situation - you can play with very little to concern you and control the game well.  If CV's were removed as a threat, DD's would become a major problem with game balance.  Mind you, I'm a reasonably experienced player which helps a lot, and I understand the class is quite difficult for new players or those who struggle with awareness.

It really is a great time to be a DD captain.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
633 posts
3,243 battles
24 minutes ago, Neufert1 said:

But end of the battle ,  you can ask yourself this question : That was funny ? Absolutely no for me...  May be yes for you and i'm not authority..

All of you  forgetting this things " All of us playing for fun". I'm not soldier or captain in my real life, and if i want play warships simulator, i can buy simulator game Like famous Airplane or truck simulation game. Already some part of the game worst . Everybody giving advise  about " citadel hit, shell travel time like real life but  everyone accept radars (behind of the wall). DD gameplay dead for me after 4 radar 3 DD and 1cv. DD was stucking beetween the islands like BB. 

Why DD was funny ? low detect range, short enemy destroy time with torpedos, you can move around without detection and freely  and etc.. So now ? i'm detected almost every 30-40 sec inside of the 1 min due to radar / DD / CV.  I will don't say anything about Des mones with 1 min radar time and now you may see min 3 des mones every battle. (3x4 time 12 min. Already sometimes battle ended almost 15 min. So i can say this  You have to play like BB with DD. 

DD gameplay broken for me now ... Every match i'm playing against to 3 Radar  " MIN" , 3 DD min and  1 CV. Completely unfunny. Yes u can use mountains etc.. but you have to wait and run from enemy during 10 min. You have protect yourself during 10 min if you can survive,  Completely broken for me because i'm playing for fun and now this is not funny. I will change my main ship. I'm started with CV as a beginner and CV broken, now DD gameplay broken. I belive all ships gameplay should be broken after few update and game will die.

I'm sure everyone here has the same reaction.

20200907_003808.jpg.828129a5b1443afb39ad7261056019f3.jpg

• Funny 3

[REPOI]
243 posts
12,482 battles
1 hour ago, Neufert1 said:

In order to have fun, you still need to put some thoughts into it. Rolling your head over your keyboard to play doesn't do anything, Yes, all of us wants to have fun but each of us has a different definition of fun.
Yours might be different. From what I have seen, its nothing related to fun but more towards the game and META not catering to your needs/desires like how you want stuff to be. Sorry, this just doesn't happen.

It is quite funny in this case to see you complaining about DDs when there are loads of DD players out there who are atlleast Average, Good, Very Good out there who are able to cope with it and adapt to the situation.
What they do have is situational awareness and a grasp of the game mechanics and understanding of enemy ship classes, radar ranges, duration, etc. But I mean this is too much to ask for from someone who doesn't take the blame and would consider themselves as the one and only Mr. Right, denying anything when their mistakes were pointed out. 

DD Funny? What? What that I do find actually funny is reading your threads, replies/responses.
Well, let me repeat myself, this is more of a you problem. You have proven on repeated occasions that you are incapable of accepting it when others point out your mistake and you have live in a state of denial. Acceptance is not your forte.
How come most of us can play DD without issues? Well maybe we have the basic game understanding and we do have the situational awareness to analyse and determine what are our best options. Loads of radar? No problem, dont blindly push into them and when you get radared, well you asked for it.
Always have a plan of escape, If he radars now, what can I do? Always plan beforehand. Again, this is a you problem.

It also does seem you have been playing Harugumo and Shima as of late but really do not know what to comment. I have also seen a replay of your Harugumo gameplay and let me tell you, that is one hell of a bad gameplay. Smoking up behind an island to shoot when there is no way someone could shoot you back? Quite a questionable move there.

To conclude, your fun is wanting stuff your way. You are unwilling to change and adapt to the situation on a per battle basis.
There is a balance when it comes to gameplay. You can have fun and do good at the same time but that requires you to know your stuff which you are lacking.
Also with the CV stuff/threads you made, it is YOU, not the ship class, not the other players. And I can tell you this now, even if you change your class, it wont matter much.

And kindly keep my thread clean. Me myself as with the community are rather done with the stuff you say.
778ecd34-3e6f-436e-86cf-50005d24d3a0.gif

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 3