You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

in my opinion as an aggressive BB user, Battleships should used as one of the primary ships which have a high contribution in a game (serves as a tank for other ships, distract enemy from capturing ally ships, main damage dealer for the team) but now what i see mostly of the BB are going for the blue lines instead covering other ships but im just keeping my cool not to loose my temper on those Blue line fleets. but then I lost it when we're about to lose cuz the enemy is capping the base but our dd flee and flank the enemy away from the capture objective and our cruisers are still thinking if wether they will cap or not and other bb are in reasonable range from the cap base so im the only one left near the base. so i change course and full speed ahead to the fleets if dds an and cruiser while shouting banzai and did  a banzai charge scaring cruisers and sinking all dd and resetting almost finish capping base. after this, i tried it every match and it was very effective as long as enemy bb cant see you in their line of sight. much better if you did this with some bb fleets. just sharing this aggressively desperate tactics to some players who like aggressive play and risk takers. XD

any opinions on this one?

dotjcw.jpgqs6v10.jpg

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

You had no CV in either team so it went better. If there was an enemy CV, it might have been different. I usually play more aggressively when there is no CV on the enemy team as it allows me to not have to look at the sky for point blank death which helps me focus on my gunnery.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

You had no CV in either team so it went better. If there was an enemy CV, it might have been different. I usually play more aggressively when there is no CV on the enemy team as it allows me to not have to look at the sky for point blank death which helps me focus on my gunnery.

i was was hit by 2 torps and evaded 2 more squadrons' torps from cv but thanks to the other bb th enemy cv sunk and made the banzai charge. and yeah it will be problematic if there's still some tp

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

I call it the Nelson Approach named after the great admiral nelson of the royal navy which he lead the charge of the british fleet unto the guns of the enemy and died achieving victory. That is if were only talking about gunnery battle and coordination. And always you will have no coordination with the fleet. And no one will follow your orders imply because who are these people giving orders to have the authority to give orders anyway.

A Nelson approach is most of the time a free kill and lower the morale of your team and boost the morale of the enemy. A DD can bait the shells more than a BB could. It the same mindset of first time on a Kawachi thinking your invincible and chargin strait unto the jaws of death.

Look if it was that game with the points thingi instead of domination? killing BB are a must since it sets the score to whom ever team kill the most BB usually wins.

Beta Tester
404 posts
91 battles

Its the best way to play!

1/2

2/2

The story:

There i was with another battleship, just cruising along... suddenly THREE BB show up out of nowhere. me and the other battleship start shooting, the bastard decides to turn and leave me

(the guy im looking at in the first pic) so there i am all alone, i decided f**k it! im going in guns blazing. i emerged victorious (i don't remember how the third BB died) i got on chat and said these once in a lifetime words "That's how you f**king do it, eat it" those BB'S i killed and some guys on my team started replying "GJ, lol, lmao, NICE, POI!" i never replied back.

This is a 100% true story!

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

I call it the Nelson Approach named after the great admiral nelson of the royal navy which he lead the charge of the british fleet unto the guns of the enemy and died achieving victory. That is if were only talking about gunnery battle and coordination. And always you will have no coordination with the fleet. And no one will follow your orders imply because who are these people giving orders to have the authority to give orders anyway.

A Nelson approach is most of the time a free kill and lower the morale of your team and boost the morale of the enemy. A DD can bait the shells more than a BB could. It the same mindset of first time on a Kawachi thinking your invincible and chargin strait unto the jaws of death.

Look if it was that game with the points thingi instead of domination? killing BB are a must since it sets the score to whom ever team kill the most BB usually wins.

don't know if its still a nelson approach when i charge blindly and clear a path of heavily dd guarded area and and swallowed all their salvos sacrifices my ship while making the remaining team atleast gave some morale on team and started going for the cap.

also not all match is decided on which number of bb was sunk, even a bb sunk 3-5 ships but when a dd sneaks in and finished capping base, or capping the bases and finished maximizing  the 1k points then that bb team lose, its the points

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

how many of your solo charges have resulted to victory versus standard BB line battle?

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

did 5 banzai charges today, all resulted in victory, like i said when only when in bb can't see me in their line of sight and if its a last resort. 4 all sunk, 1 almost. well its a banzai charge so its given for your ship to sunk.

edit: oh and it's not all solo charges since i do the banzai charge, dd and cruisers use me as covers while going to cap area,

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

1/2

2/2

The story:

There i was with another battleship, just cruising along... suddenly THREE BB show up out of nowhere. me and the other battleship start shooting, the bastard decides to turn and leave me

(the guy im looking at in the first pic) so there i am all alone, i decided f**k it! im going in guns blazing. i emerged victorious (i don't remember how the third BB died) i got on chat and said these once in a lifetime words "That's how you f**king do it, eat it" those BB'S i killed and some guys on my team started replying "GJ, lol, lmao, NICE, POI!" i never replied back.

might be a good addition to the fleet haha

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,369 battles

1/2

2/2

The story:

Yolo Charge into AI? That's hardly worth a mention, not to mention if it was a random battle and you popped out, instead of being lucky like our thread starter here, you might just end up with zero damage.

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,369 battles

how many of your solo charges have resulted to victory versus standard BB line battle?

Do check his profile, it's kinda self-explanatory lol.

Beta Tester
404 posts
91 battles

Yolo Charge into AI? That's hardly worth a mention, not to mention if it was a random battle and you popped out, instead of being lucky like our thread starter here, you might just end up with zero damage.

Bro, why you gotta notice that and ruin my moment -_-