You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Oake_EU

HMS Warspite Review & Gameplay

9 comments in this topic

27 posts

Hi folks

As WG EU kindly gave me access to the Warspite for a few days I thought I'd share my experiences of the ship with you. I know a fair bit has already been written and said about how poor the ship is, but its not all bad news. And remember, this is a premium ship and therefore supposed to be not quite as good in some aspects as the regular ones you have to unlock. If it was super, everyone would accuse WG of playing the pay-to-win card ;)

In its favour:

+ it makes good money

+ it turns very well, almost like a cruiser

+ it has very hard hitting guns

+ its good at dodging torpedoes with practice

+ secondary armament and AA is decent

+ it looks great!

Not so hot:

- top speed is nothing exciting

- gun range is lacking a little

- turret traverse rate is very slow

- possible armour issues on the citadel

So its probably not going to appeal to everyone, depending on what you are looking for. Know what you are getting for your money, and think of it as more of a heavy cruiser than a battleship, and you won't be too disappointed. More details, examples and gameplay in the video below.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Not sure was this mentioned in the video or not, but the Warspite has probably the best gun dispersion of the game.

I don't mean max dispersion, but the average dispersion rate of the shells, which is more important than max dispersion IMO.

Basically this translates as her having one of the best accuracy of all BB in-game.

The gun seems to have pretty good penetration capabilities too. Put in an accuracy boost module and you should be able to dish out quite alot of pain even near her max firing range. :great:

Bonus video from a Youtube as proof:

The video is a bit old, but most of it should still remain accurate.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The gun seems to have pretty good penetration capabilities too. Put in an accuracy boost module and you should be able to dish out quite alot of pain even near her max firing range. :great:

I'm a fan of upgrading the secondaries to help with the brawling. Speaking of which, does "Advance Fire Training" Captain skill affect secondaries? If so, 7km secondaries!(with the module of course) :ohmy:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'm a fan of upgrading the secondaries to help with the brawling. Speaking of which, does "Advance Fire Training" Captain skill affect secondaries? If so, 7km secondaries!(with the module of course) :ohmy:

I'm not sure, but I think they removed the extra secondary range from that skill, the range boost applies to AA only.

Now only modules affect secondary range.

I'd say refrain from using your secondary though, Warspite's great main gun accuracy makes it a great sniper at medium range.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yeah he was asking about how good the Queen of the Sea is so i linked this review to him.

Great review by the way. fyi scout plane increases your main battery range. also gives you an easier view for taking long shots.

Edited by Lupis