Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hurricaneflyer

Kronstadt

Should Kronstadt return?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kronstadt return, and if so how?

• Yes, for FXP.
    • Yes, for Coal.
    • No.
    • Oh please God no

22 comments in this topic

[IJN]
267 posts
4,765 battles

Alright, for this one i'll cut right to the chase.

I'm asking for Kronstadt to be made available again.

I understand that at the time of her release she was absurdly overpowered,being the most powerful Tier 9 cruiser, but now with the likes of Alaska,Azuma,Ägir and Seigfried all doing the same thing (Alaska arguably better than the others) being 'Super-Heavy Cruisers', how much of a sin would it be to have her back? She definitely had her weaknesses with a large citadel and horrible AA, coupled with the lack of Hydro means that she would be good competition with the other current Super Heavy Cruisers.

I'm quite certain this won't happen because Christmas crates and greed exist, but it's a shame when the only other option (Stalingrad) is only Available using steel, something most casual players will never obtain sufficient amounts of to purchase a ship with. And how often do you see a Kronstadt in the wild anymore?If you could obtain her in-game using Coal or FXP on the same level as the other ships it would iron out a large crease in my game.

Besides, she looks fantastic, and it's a shame to have this Niche in the game to be forever lost.  With the exception of one easy payment of your entire wallet))))))))

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
5,830 battles

I demand Coal for the Battlecruiser.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,991 posts

Mine can stay in port, rusting.....

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
5,830 battles
13 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Mine can stay in port, rusting.....

Why not hand it to me instead.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,991 posts
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Why not hand it to me instead.

Maybe....

[BOTES]
15 posts
10,673 battles

my second most played ship and main credit farming ship.

this ship should return to playerbase.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
5,830 battles
1 hour ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Maybe....

No Maybe. Brief and Fost Transfer.

I can make use of her show offing the luxury of how much i am a Kanye West with bunch of supercars!

maxresdefault.jpg

Administrator, WG Staff
224 posts

ooOoOoOoo I see that coal is winning by a landslide right now. Super interesting. :cap_popcorn:

[FORCE]
2,479 posts
12,348 battles
4 hours ago, mademoisail said:

ooOoOoOoo I see that coal is winning by a landslide right now. Super interesting. :cap_popcorn:

Maybe because earning 750k FXP took a very long grind back then for most players, and the other exp-boosting signals (like Scylla) did not exist back then.

And although it actually takes longer to grind for coal, it literally costs nothing more than playing the game regularly (camo & signals only make you get the last daily container faster).

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,349 posts
11,171 battles

She was very strong when she first came out, but as the OP suggests, she's been power crept well into normalcy by the numerous super cruisers now in the game (and she was nerfed a fair bit, as was Stalingrad, by the BB AP overpenning DD's change, and the supercruiser fire duration being changed to 60s).  There is really nothing stopping her returning.  WG stated she was removed for being "too popular", but she never really seemed that popular in terms of how often you'd see one in battle.  Likely she was just statistically too strong, or what they really meant was "she's too popular for an OP ship".

Having said that, WG don't seem to bring back removed ships even when they get power crept or mechanic nerfed into balance, so I wouldn't get your hopes up with Kronshtadt.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,418 posts
5,054 battles
5 hours ago, mademoisail said:

ALL ships should be reasonably accessible to ALL your playerbase.

I'm looking at Stalingrad, I'm closed alpha player, work full time, love to play WoWS and spend a lot of money, yet cannot devote the TIME required to grind the steel for such a ship.

Or follow a schedule of playing times such as clan wars due to shift work.

Ships I would be willing to spend MONEY for:

Belfast

Enterprise

Kronstadt

Missouri

Musashi

I buy the "random chance" containers when they are available such as current summer sale, but never any "luck".

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,558 posts
20,073 battles

In the same way that only people who are already born can have an opinion on whether or not abortions should be allowed, I already have Kron so can vote for it not to be available anymore cuz imma wanna be speshul.

[IJN]
267 posts
4,765 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

In the same way that only people who are already born can have an opinion on whether or not abortions should be allowed, I already have Kron so can vote for it not to be available anymore cuz imma wanna be speshul.

Your free trial of being alive has ended ❎ - YouTube

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,558 posts
20,073 battles
Just now, hurricaneflyer said:

Your free trial of being alive has ended ❎ - YouTube

runaway.gif

• Funny 2

[-CAT-]
2,546 posts
11,652 battles
3 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

I'm looking at Stalingrad, I'm closed alpha player, work full time, love to play WoWS and spend a lot of money, yet cannot devote the TIME required to grind the steel for such a ship.

Belfast

Enterprise

Kronstadt

Missouri

Musashi

I buy the "random chance" containers when they are available such as current summer sale, but never any "luck".

You forgot: (Unless you already have)

Julius Ceaser

Kamkiaze

Other than ships, there are a lot of past contents that also needs to be buy-able in the armory.

Go Navy, Sharks & Eagles, Pin-up Girls patches, Ship Flags, Ranked Flags (past), etc.

• Cool 2

[IJN]
267 posts
4,765 battles
10 hours ago, mademoisail said:

What does it mean when a WG staff member looks at a game proposal...?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,558 posts
20,073 battles
2 minutes ago, hurricaneflyer said:

What does it mean when a WG staff member looks at a game proposal...?

Wise man say: Happy is the puppy who is rubbed on the belly.

happiest-dog-in-all-the-land_t20_oE13JW-5c46173fc9e77c0001809c81.jpg

• Cool 1

[IJN]
267 posts
4,765 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Wise man say: Happy is the puppy who is rubbed on the belly.

happiest-dog-in-all-the-land_t20_oE13JW-5c46173fc9e77c0001809c81.jpg

Said puppy will not be satisfied until it receives a Kronstadt.

[KMS-A]
305 posts
6,237 battles

Moskva is a coal ship and a super heavy CA so it's already there.

[IJN]
267 posts
4,765 battles
2 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Moskva is a coal ship and a super heavy CA so it's already there.

Moskva is not a Super-heavy, she is more along the lines of Petropavlosk and Goliath which are larger-than-average Heavy Cruisers with larger-than-average guns while the Super-heavies are more akin to a very weak battleship squeezed into a high tier cruiser slot due to it being too modern a design or not fitting into lower tiers.

Also, my point was that Kronstadt should return to being available because she is no longer overpowered due to the addition of other Super-heavies and that due to her removal there will likely never be a replacement for her, preventing players from ever accessing a Soviet Tier 9 Super-heavy.

[-FUN-]
427 posts
7,261 battles
On 8/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Belfast

Enterprise

Kronstadt

Missouri

Musashi

There was an event not a long time ago where you can donate some money to a non profit organization for children and you can get Missouri/Kamikaze/Belfast/GC and other stuff

Was a limited offer first come first serve basis. Seemed like so many were interested as offers were taken just few minutes after they became active

Good thing I managed to get GC.

Hope WG can hold such event again in the future.

Edited by zergling_
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this