Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

Mysterious Citadel.

10 comments in this topic

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor, Super Tester_
824 posts
7,973 battles

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How it penetrate citadel at that angle?

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,744 posts
5,762 battles

Its either it hit the angle area to caused the shell to hit downwards or it armed after the superstructure to inside the citadel.

Yamato has fairly high citadel. So its probably Rare occurrence or RNGesus gave you to punish this guy.

[AN-DO]
29 posts
6,456 battles

I also got "hard to believe" citadel in a match yesterday... Nurnberg double cit a Pyotry Veliky using HE at 14.5km. Something in the past I can't achieve even when using Koenig AP at broadsiding 8km, 0 knot Pyotr cause they're always said "non-penetration" (lost karma and called a "noob" after that,,... haha XD) 

Nurnberg Citadel Pyotr Veliky.gif

1,448 posts
6,166 battles
53 minutes ago, Nagatooneechan said:

I also got "hard to believe" citadel in a match yesterday... Nurnberg double cit a Pyotry Veliky using HE at 14.5km. Something in the past I can't achieve even when using Koenig AP at broadsiding 8km, 0 knot Pyotr cause they're always said "non-penetration" (lost karma and called a "noob" after that,,... haha XD) 

Nurnberg Citadel Pyotr Veliky.gif

Pytor Veilkiy has some section of exposed citadel room of 38-mm between her turret X and Y that can be penetrated by German 150-mm HE shells after the IFHE rework.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
29 posts
6,456 battles
16 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Pytor Veilkiy has some section of exposed citadel room of 38-mm between her turret X and Y that can be penetrated by German 150-mm HE shells after the IFHE rework.

Ouu alright, so the IFHE rework make normal (without IFHE) german HE shells penetrate deeper. Thanks for the info 😁

[-CAT-]
2,482 posts
11,573 battles
29 minutes ago, Nagatooneechan said:

Ouu alright, so the IFHE rework make normal (without IFHE) german HE shells penetrate deeper. Thanks for the info 😁

All German ships and All British BBs are 1/4 penetration value. (In a way, they have built-in IFHE, but without the -50% fire penalty.)

It may take some time to get use to the information but I hope this helps.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armor_Penetration

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armor_thresholds

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,031 posts
16,247 battles

Plunging shot may be ... if it happen to hit the deck at the right position

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,050 battles

Just now in Petro i got a very odd cit on a Yamato.

Yammy was facing away from me and at 16 degrees angled, range about 10km.

I shot for superstructure but got a citadel around the deckline near the rear turret I think. 

I know Petro has improved AP pen angles, but not that improved. I should no way have been able to get a cit, but I did. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by HobartAWD

Sign in to follow this