Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Elite Commander XP

10 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,922 battles

I have quite a few 19 point captains now.

I mark the tech tree ships they are trained to as "Primary" and when I jump on without any specific goal in mind (missions, directives etc) I'll go through and play them first.

I'm really starting to benefit from this.

So often lately I have been able to skill up lower captains easily or quickly retrain captains with overflowed Elite XP.

And there is no Whaling involved.

It's completely within the Free to Play model.

Feels like a good thing.

[FORCE]
2,420 posts
12,268 battles

The Raid for the Filth last year was pretty good to hoard the elite commander xp. I've got about 600k,, and spent most of them to fully train Yamamoto & Kitakaze's captain.

I've been resetting the skill points literally for free since then.

[ANZAF]
487 posts
6,575 battles

Yep, i have 7 19 pointers now, most in my commonly played ships and boy does it add up.

[BLESS]
1,234 posts
11,039 battles

Indeed, the 19pt captains on my Yugumo, Fletcher, Zao and Gearing are good "earners", it's not hard to rack up 100k+ in the space of just a few days.

This then allows you to "mint" new 10 point captains at will for any new lines you want to grind, or help push your other captains up through the 15-18 pt grind.

[151ST]
2,600 posts
10,413 battles

Grats!

Yeah it's a bit of a 'oh wow' moment when you realise there's no long any point playing you sub-19s...

I have a bs number of them now. All my T10s and then stacks of IJN mid tiers...

I won't do a list but I think the first one aside from ships I was grinding was Kuma... Yes I know - I'm a filthy sealclubber...

In my defence, Kuma is not an OP ship or anything...

1,441 posts
17,179 battles
於 2020/8/21 在 AM4點16分,Reinhard_of_Avercland 說:

The Raid for the Filth last year was pretty good to hoard the elite commander xp. I've got about 600k,, and spent most of them to fully train Yamamoto & Kitakaze's captain.

I've been resetting the skill points literally for free since then.

Once upon a time, there was a bank called Dynamo, where skilled players can easily get 5k+ base XP per run, and their fellow players can get 1k5+ by doing nothing ...

• Funny 2

[-FUN-]
427 posts
7,211 battles

Yeah you dont need many premium ships as "capt trainer". Not sure if Wg regrets implementing elite cxp mechanics in wows.

Edited by zergling_

[TF44]
122 posts
792 battles
1 hour ago, zergling_ said:

Yeah you dont need many premium ships as "capt trainer". Not sure if Wg regrets implementing elite cxp mechanics in wows.

Well that would depend on whether the premium ships still are selling, and of course whether the game is being broken by the number of 19-point captains around scaring off the new players who don't even have a 10-point one (hello).

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,922 battles
2 hours ago, Make_Scenario_Great_Anew said:

Once upon a time, there was a bank called Dynamo, where skilled players can easily get 5k+ base XP per run, and their fellow players can get 1k5+ by doing nothing ...

I can't remember exactly when Social Wolves began.

If we hadn't already gathered into our social Ops group in Dynamo days, it certainly encouraged its creation.

(The upload date for this HAS to be wrong....? Surely?)

Can't remember why this was @Unraveler's song 😛

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this