Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

Some players can hit me without detecting is that possible ?

10 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,155 battles

in my last games some players can hit to me  without detecting how it's possible ?  

i will try to explain :

I'm playing with DD (yugumo) , when i detected  i'm running from coming attack, generally i can dodge % 80 and after 20 sec later  (when punishment time is ending, ) everytime i'm turning to another direction for don't take any hit from enemies. Because they can  aimed to me in last sec,  after that (i'm goes to completely another direction) , almost 8-10 sec later i'm taking hit from 2-3 player  no detection , no CV  no dd . No one can't know that  how it's possible ?  Nobody can't be too lucky guess like this, already few player hitting  to me not 1 player.  TOO LUCKY shoot from few players. This can't be possible i guess

Generally these attack coming from far away, i can see shell trace, some enemies waiting front of me and they didn't fire to me but attack coming from far away.

ps: i have Priority target and incoming fire alert skills and they don't say anything.

Edited by Neufert1

[NCOTS]
446 posts
11,075 battles

Successful blindfiring is quite common, if RNG wants to screw you, you will get hit by blindfires from far away. 

1 hour ago, Neufert1 said:

i have Priority target and incoming fire alert skills and they don't say anything.

These skills doesn't help when you are being blindfired, since you are not spotted/target locked. (I didn't spec incoming fire alert at all during those years so I might be wrong)

• Cool 1

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,155 battles

yes exactly what happend to me lol 🙂

thanks

[4RSE]
318 posts
7,817 battles

I dev struck a Chapayev from across the map the other day with a blind fire salvo from my Yamato. It was at 26km and went invisible just before I was able to fire, I took the shot anyway and spent the next 2 minutes laughing out loud.

[151ST]
2,624 posts
10,472 battles

My fave is still dev-striking a smolensk in my thunderer blind-firing him in smoke... (With AP I might add).

I think I threw the clip in with one or two of my canary comp videos.

Blindfiring is exceptionally common, doing it well - less so but there are many in these forums that can do it well.

It's one of those things most good players do when there's no better target around; which in the long-range playstyle we are seeing more of is common.

Don't sit static in smoke, don't move predictably in the open, sacrifices to the gods of RNG may be required.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,654 battles
27 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

My fave is still dev-striking a smolensk in my thunderer blind-firing him in smoke... (With AP I might add).

I think I threw the clip in with one or two of my canary comp videos.

Blindfiring is exceptionally common, doing it well - less so but there are many in these forums that can do it well.

It's one of those things most good players do when there's no better target around; which in the long-range playstyle we are seeing more of is common.

Don't sit static in smoke, don't move predictably in the open, sacrifices to the gods of RNG may be required.

Yeah, even a terrible shot like me blindfires when there are no other targets around (assuming I will not give my position away when I do).

This is also one of the reason I do not sit broadside in smoke, and keep moving, the other main reason being torpedos, which are much more likely to hit someone blindfired.

But blindfiring can also panic someone to make mistakes.

And you should always consider taking that shot at that low HP ship that just went undetected. you never know, and you miss all shots you never take.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
247 posts
12,485 battles
11 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

ps: i have Priority target and incoming fire alert skills and they don't say anything.

The reason why it doesn't tell you because it isn't a locked on shot. Only locked on shot tells you. They are predicting your movement after you went dark.
Same can be said while you are sitting still in smoke firing your guns, they can see your tracers, people might take chances to shoot where they think you might be in smoke. Even if you are not shooting, players might still take chances to shoot at your last spotted location.

If you see yourself getting hit from those long ranges even after you went dark, you are sailing in a predictable path. It is not that hard for a decent player who can "breath and think" at the same time to predict the movement of your another "average" player.

11 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

Generally these attack coming from far away, i can see shell trace, some enemies waiting front of me and they didn't fire to me but attack coming from far away.

Maybe because the enemy that is "closer" is preoccupied and the ones in the back are the ones that are paying attention and would take all chances to shoot at a DD.

To conclude, all of this stuffs is ALL possible, nothing wrong

[ANZAF]
497 posts
6,667 battles

Yep, my best one was a Musashi snap shot at the start of a game at a Wor. He was behind hard cover so kept going in a straight line for the 2 or 3 seconds I had my reticule on him. I'd just launched a spotter plane so had pretty good idea where he was going before the planes which spotted him were killed and he disappeared. 

Maybe 15 seconds later the "First Blood" and "Dev Strike" comes up and I had a smile which didn't go away for a very long time. 

All those sacrificed goats and howling fire dances to appease RNGesus paid off.

Don't sail in a predictable manner. And killing or hurting DDs is a really valuable thing to do.

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

Some hours ago, when enemy DD cap at the edge of capture zone & popping smokes, I use his own smoke circle indicators & the buoys as guideline to shooting blindly. After done like 5 shots, one of them hit it, then I kept shooting at the same location. As DD, when you get shot like this, the first thing you'll do probably try to exit the capture zone, so I try to shoot his possibility backward track, check the zone icon if the capturing progress still happening, then keep shooting. While not killing him, eventually I routed the DD for trying to capturing it.
Blindshot.jpg.dbf1cde415c5e7615e19a59369f18e95.jpg

Edited by MissMeMiss
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this