Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

OK, so NOW my problem is...

7 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles

...I whaled up 10 German Kontainers and failed to roll ANY bote, let alone Pommern...

...and I had been waiting for this moment before buying POmmern...

SO.

I have Coal and Coupon such that I can buy any single coal ship in the Armoury at the moment. I had already been confused about what to buy. I asked the forum what I should get and got lots of good advice for which I am grateful but in the end, it is mostly a heart rather than a mind decision.

Which means Pommern or Salem.

I have been doing some Des Moines play lately (UU grind in coop) and been rediscovering just how good she is. I pretty much dumped any notion of HE use and stayed with AP... oh baby... I mean... wow.

I had kind of thought setting up Salem as a short ranged even FASTER firing Des Moines might be entertaining. Angling Des Moines seems to work in many cases... and somehow I rack up a lot of secondary hits in her too... anyway, no I'm not saying brawl in Salem... just work a bit closer. Faster MB reload instead of range for example.

But... Pommern. I mean. You know. Der pew pew. I've watched a few in battle and had a few chats with owners. People who like German brawlers and knew what they were getting seem to love it.

So there's that.

BUT, the anniversay coming up rewards a SC for each first time play of a TX ship... and you know, all the OTHER Snowflake events are similar.

Can always get Pommern next time I guess.

US or German ship, all good.

[TF44]
460 posts
20,395 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

...I whaled up 10 German Kontainers and failed to roll ANY bote, let alone Pommern...

...and I had been waiting for this moment before buying POmmern...

SO.

I have Coal and Coupon such that I can buy any single coal ship in the Armoury at the moment. I had already been confused about what to buy. I asked the forum what I should get and got lots of good advice for which I am grateful but in the end, it is mostly a heart rather than a mind decision.

Which means Pommern or Salem.

I have been doing some Des Moines play lately (UU grind in coop) and been rediscovering just how good she is. I pretty much dumped any notion of HE use and stayed with AP... oh baby... I mean... wow.

I had kind of thought setting up Salem as a short ranged even FASTER firing Des Moines might be entertaining. Angling Des Moines seems to work in many cases... and somehow I rack up a lot of secondary hits in her too... anyway, no I'm not saying brawl in Salem... just work a bit closer. Faster MB reload instead of range for example.

But... Pommern. I mean. You know. Der pew pew. I've watched a few in battle and had a few chats with owners. People who like German brawlers and knew what they were getting seem to love it.

So there's that.

BUT, the anniversay coming up rewards a SC for each first time play of a TX ship... and you know, all the OTHER Snowflake events are similar.

Can always get Pommern next time I guess.

US or German ship, all good.

my experience with salem against dm 1 on 1 has been favourable because of the heal.

[FORCE]
2,431 posts
12,271 battles

Salem is still quite rare to see in Randoms on a regular basis. Meanwhile the T9 MM is full of those fluffy woof-woof things.

You can guess which ship will be pulled out from the Armory first.... And of course ships that get locked up are no longer obtainable even if you're willing to mortgage all your assets for that ship:Smile_trollface:

Additionally, WG has a strong tendency on messing up with the Germans.

But since you can whale, you can buy Pommern with real money & Salem with coal.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles
50 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Salem is still quite rare to see in Randoms on a regular basis. Meanwhile the T9 MM is full of those fluffy woof-woof things.

You can guess which ship will be pulled out from the Armory first.... And of course ships that get locked up are no longer obtainable even if you're willing to mortgage all your assets for that ship:Smile_trollface:

Additionally, WG has a strong tendency on messing up with the Germans.

But since you can whale, you can buy Pommern with real money & Salem with coal.

Hmm ya.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't most of the ships we have seen removed from sale/armoury been OP/broken in some fashion? Belfast smoke/radar, Missouri radar/too much money earned etc?

Wonder if Pommern will turn out to be broken in any way? I guess popularity is a KIND of broken (according to WG... ie Kron and Sushi).

I was happy to gamble on 10 containers... but more to buy Pommern outright? Hmmm dunno. Fat Whale maybe not that fat right now 😛

[FORCE]
2,431 posts
12,271 battles
49 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Hmm ya.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't most of the ships we have seen removed from sale/armoury been OP/broken in some fashion? Belfast smoke/radar, Missouri radar/too much money earned etc?

Wonder if Pommern will turn out to be broken in any way? I guess popularity is a KIND of broken (according to WG... ie Kron and Sushi).

I was happy to gamble on 10 containers... but more to buy Pommern outright? Hmmm dunno. Fat Whale maybe not that fat right now 😛

Correct! But neither Missouri, nor Belfast were obtainable as easily as the coal ships that exist today. Therefore Jean Bart is the only one comparable with Pommern on this case.

Jean Bart is nowhere to be OP, but WG pulled her out from the Armory due to her popularity. I mean sure her MBRB is rather too good to be considered balanced, but her guns are just 15 inch big which forces her to resort to HE spamming on angled targets. Her armor scheme is both a blessing & a curse because although her citadel is hard (but not impossible) to penetrate, the entire hull (except the conning tower & main turret armor) is only covered with 32mm of armor which makes her completely penetrable by CA's HE, Russian's 180mm with IFHE, and Mainz' HE. But WG pulled her out from the Armory nonetheless, because apparently there are too many Jean Bart sailing around.

To be honest, Georgia & Thunderer will certainly to be pulled out first. Because they both have been in the Armory for quite a while, and they are still more popular than Pommern.

And although Salem has been in the Armory since day 1, there are more Des Moines sailing around for obvious reasons (better radar, main gun range can be to >20km, etc.). Salem's only advantages are the F2P-friendly running costs, and better heal which is only useful when you like to brawl some BBs in Randoms. I mean there's just no way you can die in Co-Op.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
635 posts
3,248 battles

I might add:

Earl_of_Arland changed diplomatic status with Max_Battle: Declared War

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles
34 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I might add:

Earl_of_Arland changed diplomatic status with Max_Battle: Declared War

Well this IS gonna get messy, cuz, you know...

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.08.14 - 19.01.17.98.png

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this