Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Gunther Lutjens: Redux

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,963
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles

I have lost count of the number of times I have retrained and respecced Herr Lutjens.

For doubloons... 

You're welcome WG Finance Minister... :Smile_sceptic:

He is mildly useful to many German ships. I find it hard to lock him in.

BUT, in a recent discussion about Pommern, someone said, "I hope you use Lutjens for mass red coloured firepower!" and then I couldn't get that out of my mind...

He was on Hindy and that was fun.

But I am mostly Coop ATM and well... secondaries rule THAT ocean.

So once again, doing what he was born to do, command a massive German brute with uber secondaries... Herr Lutjens, To rule the waves and lead the Kriegsmarine!

 

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.08.14 - 12.20.57.14.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[TF44]
Member
460 posts
20,395 battles

herr lutjens strike fear in rank with glorious secondary

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,794
[TLS]
Member
4,181 posts
20,354 battles

He was on my Weser. You saw the DD Weser in action with her planes a few weeks ago and then ramming a ryujo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,963
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles
15 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

He was on my Weser. You saw the DD Weser in action with her planes a few weeks ago and then ramming a ryujo.

"Better me than Raptor," you said as your Zoomenfliegenholder gurgled it's way down into the briny depths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,184
[CLAY]
Member
2,834 posts
12,634 battles

I don’t have him yet.

Every other legendary Captain was gained through in game missions. For some reason, WG skipped this For Lutyens and said “just pay coal”.

I was saving my coal for ships, it’s not exactly a quickly earned resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[LBAS]
Member
108 posts
7,265 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

BUT, in a recent discussion about Pommern, someone said, "I hope you use Lutjens for mass red coloured firepower!"

Who ever that person was must be a really smart cookie ;)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,963
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,517 posts
19,922 battles
1 hour ago, Griefmaker said:

Who ever that person was must be a really smart cookie 😉

 

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260
[FORCE]
Member
2,431 posts
12,271 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I don’t have him yet.

Every other legendary Captain was gained through in game missions. For some reason, WG skipped this For Lutyens and said “just pay coal”.

I was saving my coal for ships, it’s not exactly a quickly earned resource.

That's not really bad imo. I mean WG could have sold him for steel if they want to.

The only problem with him being sold for coal is the lack of discount coupon for shio captains, unlike the other stuffs in the Armory.

Missions would be ok if they are not restricted to certain nations. This happen on Halsey's missions. Yamamoto's missions are more doable due to the lack of said restrictions.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×