You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ExESGO

Destroyer Guide.

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Dd = Kamikaze ship.

Especially mid tier US DDs. Not worth having torpedoes with that range lol

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Well I was hoping torpedoes can be fired with main batteries. Want to see how it works :v. 

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

You mean at the same time? rather than having to switch between 1/2 and 3? yeah, maybe, im happy with how it is at the moment though.

What i want to know though, is that on some DDs, Mahan and Farragut for example, your main batteries also count towards your AA capabilities, but they have NEVER fired at aircraft. EVER. Why have them count towards your AA capability/rating, if they dont actually do it? Just makes no sense.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

You mean at the same time? rather than having to switch between 1/2 and 3? yeah, maybe, im happy with how it is at the moment though.

What i want to know though, is that on some DDs, Mahan and Farragut for example, your main batteries also count towards your AA capabilities, but they have NEVER fired at aircraft. EVER. Why have them count towards your AA capability/rating, if they dont actually do it? Just makes no sense.

if you have animate small particles turned on and are running at a high enough setting you will see rounds going in both directions - tis a bit strange to watch

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Basically USN DD's guns are insufficient against anything but another destroyer with their small caliber and very fast reload and transverse speed

While their Torpedoes is Highly situational with their slow speed and and low range 5 km

And IJN DD's Torpedoes are Totally capable to Break every ship in the game with impressive range from 10 to 20 km, but in the current patch which make it easier to detect from afar

And extremely hard to hit a target with high situational awareness

While their guns in other hand, nearly useless aginst any ship in the game because their low transverse speed and longer reload than USN counter parts

(BB player: "IJN DD is trying to shell our armor! Good luck!!")

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
2,725 posts

meh - only 1 way to play a DD - YOLO :P

Hide in smoke and pew pew

I wish the scout/LT in WoT has smoke. // Don't give this idea to WoT Dev team though :hiding:

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

Basically USN DD's guns are insufficient against anything but another destroyer with their small caliber and very fast reload and transverse speed

While their Torpedoes is Highly situational with their slow speed and and low range 5 km

While their guns in other hand, nearly useless aginst any ship in the game because their low transverse speed and longer reload than USN counter parts

I have to disagree with these two.

I've been taking down cruisers VI-VIII with Mahan's guns. Besides, if you keep shelling a normal player, it's only natural that it would put more pressure on him. So sure, you might not do much damage sometimes to a big target, but his psychological condition would degrade so as to enable you for a close in torpedo run, make them shoot at you instead of your allies, or make them miss their mark on your allies. 

The Jap DDs have great guns, WG buffed the accuracy on those things. They're practically laser guns right now. Not to mention those higher damage per shell compared to the similar sized 5 inchers of the USN ships. Cheers to WG so called "balance".:P If a Jap DD player just keeps his distance away from those highly inaccurate US DD guns, the Jap DD will win in a gunfight thanks to those "balanced" Jap guns.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I've been taking down cruisers VI-VIII with Mahan's guns. Besides, if you keep shelling a normal player, it's only natural that it would put more pressure on him. So sure, you might not do much damage sometimes to a big target, but his psychological condition would degrade so as to enable you for a close in torpedo run, make them shoot at you instead of your allies, or make them miss their mark on your allies. 

The Jap DDs have great guns, WG buffed the accuracy on those things. They're practically laser guns right now. Not to mention those higher damage per shell compared to the similar sized 5 inchers of the USN ships. Cheers to WG so called "balance".:P If a Jap DD player just keeps his distance away from those highly inaccurate US DD guns, the Jap DD will win in a gunfight thanks to those "balanced" Jap guns.

That's if your "superior" IJN guns can train on the USN DDs.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If Mahan is that good, I wonder why people still talking about it being underpowered

The "Jap" Sounds racism too me somehow

IJN DDs have good guns, NOT Great.

It's good against anything that lightly armoured Like japanese cruiser at low tier (2-4) and other destroyer (Ever deal 8k damage to other destroyer? THAT Feel!)

in Tier 7 or up those damage do about nothing but scratch against cruiser and Battleship (I Repeatedly dealt about 746 damage to High tier Cruiser using Minekaze, Mutsuki, and Hatsuharu)  plus upcoming armor buff effectiveness and Repair ability for cruiser at tier 9 and 10

Edited by Harpoon01