Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

American T8 *Fast* Battleship and Florida Size Comparison

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,615
[-CAT-]
Member
3,280 posts
13,241 battles

Florida should be named Louisiana due to her "Frenchness" turret.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
733
[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor
922 posts
8,521 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

Florida should be named Louisiana due to her "Frenchness" turret.

Lmao hahahaha. indeed!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,455
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,750 posts
43,218 battles

F A S T

&

F L A T

like a lemming train

1 hour ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

image.thumb.png.51e6e71a1ceea160c4326ae0cfb4e14f.png

Edited by Manacetamol
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[MALD]
[MALD]
Member
709 posts
3,781 battles
3 hours ago, Manacetamol said:

F L A T

r/MildlyInfuriating

ahem

Yeah, i do agree. Louisiana seems more proper as a 1930s battleship name, considering that the most recent usage at that time is BB-19, a Connecticut-class pre-dreadnought, while Florida is used on BB-30, which is only decommissioned in early 1930s (her sister Utah is present at Pearl, so way too recent for that)

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615
[-CAT-]
Member
3,280 posts
13,241 battles
4 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Yeah, i do agree. Louisiana seems more proper as a 1930s battleship name, considering that the most recent usage at that time is BB-19, a Connecticut-class pre-dreadnought, while Florida is used on BB-30, which is only decommissioned in early 1930s (her sister Utah is present at Pearl, so way too recent for that)

Agree.

 

Florida Hull A (1923)

282534173_hulla.jpg.ba6796a473f4ca5481e1df2a8e54a5b5.jpg

Florida Hull B (1929)

978056466_hullb.jpg.5a046215422147aa723189e39d417bea.jpg

Instead of the lattice / cage mast, she gets the tripod mast in the game. Like what Wyoming has.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[MALD]
[MALD]
Member
709 posts
3,781 battles
37 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

Conning Tower below than main turret

shot-20.08.09_15.17.37-0743.jpg

I have to correct you on that:

No, the conning tower (command bridge, the one with heavy armor) is not covered, and it's already above the Bofors mount. Rather, it's the flag bridge (the one with glass) that's covered.

I think they copy pasted C turret and pasted it into the front, hence that, or the fact that the bridge before enclosure is already low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[LBAS]
Member
5,264 posts
11,779 battles
4 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I have to correct you on that:

No, the conning tower (command bridge, the one with heavy armor) is not covered, and it's already above the Bofors mount. Rather, it's the flag bridge (the one with glass) that's covered.

I think they copy pasted C turret and pasted it into the front, hence that, or the fact that the bridge before enclosure is already low.

Honestly i'm not pleased these design 

Actually most of captain and crew station inside main command bridge but the gun turret block their sights

just like inside submarine focus on hydrosearch and sonar

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator, WG Staff
290 posts
On 8/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, S0und_Theif said:

Florida should be named Louisiana due to her "Frenchness" turret.

Super interesting thought. The French Battleships are the first boats I played in WoWs, and I can kind of see this. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×