Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

Yugumo is op and necessary ?

17 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,155 battles

Hi everyone,

I'm reach to Kagero, i'm trying reach to shimakaze. I'm  comparised kagero and yugumo but i can't see any big  difference between  of them.

Yügumo :

little bit good AA but not enough i think

+1 Main battery and  improved main battery Fire of rate but low damage than  kagero (but even damage per minute almost x2)

little bit more damage with torpedos.

if i buy yugumo,  that waste of my  credits ? It seems op but i don't have idea

Thanks.

Edited by Neufert1

[BLESS]
1,237 posts
11,100 battles

Look more closely, or at least think more carefully.

The difference between 10km torps and 12km torps, in high tier games filled with radar, is huge.

Yugumo torps also reload faster, and your guns are, unlike Kagero, a real threat to any DD you can catch out.

Yugumo is my favorite IJN DD. Similar to Mogami -> Ibuki, the T8 to T9 progression seems superficial, but the ship becomes a lot better as a result of the small improvements.

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,654 battles

Yugumo is fun. It’s arguably better than Shimakaze. Those little improvements on Kagero make a lot of difference. If you’re going to grind the line, there is no reason to skip Yugumo.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,582 posts
26,581 battles

the whole IJN DD line is shit, but in the meta of long range radar and CVs you might as well go for it, just take the 20km torps and use double torp accel mods

• Cool 1

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,155 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

Look more closely, or at least think more carefully.

The difference between 10km torps and 12km torps, in high tier games filled with radar, is huge.

Yugumo torps also reload faster, and your guns are, unlike Kagero, a real threat to any DD you can catch out.

Yugumo is my favorite IJN DD. Similar to Mogami -> Ibuki, the T8 to T9 progression seems superficial, but the ship becomes a lot better as a result of the small improvements.

Thank you ! 🙂

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,667 posts
41,535 battles

OH MY GOD

IJN DDs OP

RIP the human intelligent :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KAMI]
455 posts
5,994 battles

Kagero is just sad as a T8 ship.

It takes literally everything from Akatsuki, and trades it away for concealment.

Yugumo is where you get it back what you lost.

[SMOKE]
2,038 posts
16,262 battles
5 hours ago, Verytis said:

Kagero is just sad as a T8 ship.

It takes literally everything from Akatsuki, and trades it away for concealment.

Yugumo is where you get it back what you lost.

IMHO  Kagero, if not for its concealment is a downgrade from Akatsuki , and that concealment cost simply too much and at current meta its meaning is kind of moot when your AA practically nil, your gun so slow and ineffective as to be useless, and your torp no longer reach lenough , Kagaero should get a 2nd and 3rd torp module to allow it to mount the 12 and 15KM torp , and Yugumo should had the 12KM as default and allow module for 8KM and 15KM torp

IJN DD line certainly one of the worst treated with regard to all the nerfing and power crept though not quite as bad as Khaba

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,519 battles

Yuugumo is a very good ship. Straight up better than Kagerou in almost every aspect except Concealment. Plus you have access to 12km torps, which is great in matches dominated by radar.

The guns are a big improvement over Kagerou's with better RoF and turret traverse.

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles

I didnt play the ship but I sure as hell it was a decent dd, enough for me to stay alert comparing to other dd.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,156 battles
23 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

the whole IJN DD line is shit

Yes, yes it is.

Yugumo is the best of the line, but even she is not a particularly good ship anymore.  She certainly used to be a few years ago, but power creep has caught up with her.  As for Kagero, she's basically a waste of a DD slot, and yet I still see plenty of them.

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
455 posts
5,994 battles
19 hours ago, Mechfori said:

IMHO  Kagero, if not for its concealment is a downgrade from Akatsuki , and that concealment cost simply too much and at current meta its meaning is kind of moot when your AA practically nil, your gun so slow and ineffective as to be useless, and your torp no longer reach lenough , Kagaero should get a 2nd and 3rd torp module to allow it to mount the 12 and 15KM torp , and Yugumo should had the 12KM as default and allow module for 8KM and 15KM torp

IJN DD line certainly one of the worst treated with regard to all the nerfing and power crept though not quite as bad as Khaba

Doesn't even keep up in T8 as much as it should because a Lightining can easily RPF the hell out of you with only 0.1km concealment loss.

3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Yes, yes it is.

Yugumo is the best of the line, but even she is not a particularly good ship anymore.  She certainly used to be a few years ago, but power creep has caught up with her.  As for Kagero, she's basically a waste of a DD slot, and yet I still see plenty of them.

Not Shima? I find Kagero and Yugumo to be serverely gimped by TRB.

If they choose to use smoke, Kagero literally loses torp DPM compared to Akatsuki. Meanwhile Yugumo is roughly on par with Akatsuki while being 2 tiers higher.

Edited by Verytis

[BLESS]
1,237 posts
11,100 battles
3 hours ago, Verytis said:

Not Shima? I find Kagero and Yugumo to be serverely gimped by TRB.

Never use TRB. It was a fun gimmick on Shiratsuyu pre rework, but as no place in the current game. If you want to play a smokeless DD, take the French/Swedish lines.

re. "The IJN DD line sucks". No, it doesn't. Not while the game is as BB-centric as it is now. No other nation's DD has that kind of damage output at such high ratio of torp range to ship concealment. To rephrase that in simple terms: IJN DDs can do more damage with less risk than other DDs, with the possible exception of Gearing.

Kagero is more frustrating to play than Yugumo, due to TX-heavy matchmaking and the fact that you have to play so much more patiently as a result of the shorter torp range and limited gunpower. It's still plenty dangerous though, and very sneaky.

[KAMI]
455 posts
5,994 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

Never use TRB. It was a fun gimmick on Shiratsuyu pre rework, but as no place in the current game. If you want to play a smokeless DD, take the French/Swedish lines. 

re. "The IJN DD line sucks". No, it doesn't. Not while the game is as BB-centric as it is now. No other nation's DD has that kind of damage output at such high ratio of torp range to ship concealment. To rephrase that in simple terms: IJN DDs can do more damage with less risk than other DDs, with the possible exception of Gearing.

Kagero is more frustrating to play than Yugumo, due to TX-heavy matchmaking and the fact that you have to play so much more patiently as a result of the shorter torp range and limited gunpower. It's still plenty dangerous though, and very sneaky.

I don't use TRB. But the torp reload is balanced around TRB, even tho people value smoke higher, and this is the problem. This is the only explanation for the base torp DPM to go backwards.

In the absence of an enemy DD and radar, Akatsuki would pose an identical threat level to that of a smoke Yugumo. You don't gain any torp dpm for 2 tiers, without using TRB.

But yes, IJN torpboats are indeed fun when the enemy team decides to throw away all their screening/zoning capable ships early.

I think WG also decided to screw up Hayate by giving it a TRB as an excuse too.

Edited by Verytis

[BLESS]
1,237 posts
11,100 battles
1 hour ago, Verytis said:

In the absence of an enemy DD and radar, Akatsuki would pose an identical threat level to that of a smoke Yugumo. You don't gain any torp dpm for 2 tiers, without using TRB.

Akatsuki's gimmick is pumping out torps, always has been. It's what, 30s between launches if you space the three racks equally? It's also a semi-decent gunboat in a kiting situation.

This is offset by being more visible and less maneuverable than Kagero and Yugumo. Ok, this goes back to the IJN DD lines flipping around illogically at lower tiers. Shiratsuyu and Hatsuharu should be in the torp line to Shimakaze, Fubuki and Akatsuki would naturally sit in the Harugumo line, but WG says no, so...

The point is, Fubuki and Akatsuki trade stealth for firepower. Stealth is a big deal in the game, radar or no radar.

Sign in to follow this