3 comments in this topic

88 posts
4,701 battles

I haven't had this happen to me for a long time and I can't remember how I accidentally did it OR how to get out of it.

I was chasing an enemy BB and had him in my sights a number of times and fired and couldn't work out why none of my shells were appearing anywhere . Finally I got a notification that my guns were locked on a sector. I must have accidentally hit a key it the heat of battle but for the life of me I couldn't remember which key and even when I randomly hit keys to try to unlock them nothing happened and the battle was over before I found the right key.

WOWS doesn't seem to have an easy to find site which lists ALL keys and what they do (even typing the question into search brought up no results), so could somebody please remind me what key causes this (and more importantly what key unlocks the sector). As far as I'm concerned locking your guns on a sector is of little or no use and being able to override it easily should be part of the basic control instructions.

Edited by Pete_the_pirate

[TF44]
[TF44]
285 posts
18,836 battles

Main Guns can be locked on to a Sector using Shift + X. The guns will remain locked on a position relative to the ship.

Main Guns can be locked on to a Bearing using CTRL + X. The guns will remain locked on a position relative to the map.

Pressing X will undo the SHIFT & CTRL holds. Pressing X also shifts your aim to the ship immediately under your aiming point.

• Cool 2