Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

Someone is going to Gulag....

8 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
2,482 posts
12,358 battles

Yes that's the newest BBias in the game, cowering in fear of the "you know who":Smile_trollface:

shot-20_08.10_15_05.35-0922.thumb.jpg.624f61ef9ea260b50fc95896abb1190e.jpg

This is my build, tailored for the maximum range possible. She can shoot as far as 19.2 km (only 200m shorter than Soyuz with the +10% range)

shot-20_08.10_15_26.36-0236.thumb.jpg.208e6e01e70969d6858c58af25b12666.jpg

shot-20_08.10_15_26.51-0051.thumb.jpg.e42ac944eaf78c4d85863f87e25eae87.jpg

[SMOKE]
2,063 posts
16,322 battles

I used to do this kind of range build on mine, but find it both ineffective and unnecessary  .... but everyone got different play ... its certainly a way of playing it

81 posts
341 battles

Isn't that unbalanced?

I don't think there is any BB can actually hit back at that range because their own dispersion is certainly against them.

[FORCE]
2,482 posts
12,358 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

I used to do this kind of range build on mine, but find it both ineffective and unnecessary  .... but everyone got different play ... its certainly a way of playing it

Since pushing closer too early guarantees certain death, this build is designed to mitigate the inconvenience of being too close to enemy cruisers which some of them are undeniably strong enough to counter Smolensk (DM, Petro, Venezia, and the supercruisers) As you can see the FDR on my team can help on dealing with the Slava because I've gotten rid some of Slava's AA by just spamming my guns on it constantly even when the Slava is running away.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Isn't that unbalanced?

I don't think there is any BB can actually hit back at that range because their own dispersion is certainly against them.

Umm... yes . That's why this ship is no longer obtainable from the Armory.

And yes that's the point of this build. Naturally, turning away could easily save yourselves from the HE spammers. But due to the absurdly long range, this ship can keep raining hell on them even when they run away.

[REPOI]
249 posts
12,506 battles

Rare opportunities to be honest. Yes range build is nice to get that 19.2km range but is it really theat relevant? Do you see yourself using that extra range much? Or maybe you do as you position yourself far back and to farm on BBs.
But I can assure you your battle impact it low.

I use another build which gives me 16.6km range which is more than enough. And I will always be in position to take chances rather than having a single target to farm on from that range.
image.png.4afc9a164f23153df98b026b3a807d87.png

[FORCE]
2,482 posts
12,358 battles
8 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

Rare opportunities to be honest. Yes range build is nice to get that 19.2km range but is it really theat relevant? Do you see yourself using that extra range much? Or maybe you do as you position yourself far back and to farm on BBs.
But I can assure you your battle impact it low.

I use another build which gives me 16.6km range which is more than enough. And I will always be in position to take chances rather than having a single target to farm on from that range.
image.png.4afc9a164f23153df98b026b3a807d87.png

At first I used the 16.6 km range build, and it actually worked. But nowadays I rarely get the favorable odds to get closer. In fact this kind of starting position happens very frequently due to the less number of DDs in T10 other than during the peak hours, or rather that a lot of DD players got themselves killed early which leaves the whole flank blind if the re is no CV to substitute the spotting role. And if the latter scenario happens, the best I can do is to do the open water gunboat in order to bait the enemies to shoot at me which of course works to expose them permanently because they shoot at me when they are within my gun range.

Although on this case, the extra range is useful to drive the Slava away from the A cap while also punish it severely enough. And I won that game, although I indeed did not do much after that. But at the very least, that one BB with broken dispersion gimmick got sacked early enough before it was too late.

20200810_145952_PRSC610-Smolensk_53_Shoreside.wowsreplay

[REPOI]
249 posts
12,506 battles

With that extra range you gave yourself, you give yourself that mentality where "I have range, I don't have to push up that much and just sit back and farm anyone within 17km-19km"
You are limiting yourself in this case. The 19.2km build is just annoying to deal with but in terms of battle impact? Not that much. Yes, you may zone that 1 single BB out by discouraging him to push but how often does that happen?

I can tell you the 16.6km build is more than sufficient at this current time. Most DD players now or infact most players now are quite pepega but you can still try and put yourself in favourable positions, pick the right fights etc.
If you are finding yourself not doing much with a 16.6km build, you are playing it wrongly.

I am a filthy Smolensk main myself, just passed 1k battles yesterday and mark my words, if you know your positioning, you will do way better than you currently are. Range build is handicapping your abilities.

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,800 posts
13,924 battles

more renage=more accuracy

4git6xrpleoz.thumb.png.65da309cefa9913f9f892ca281853477.png

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this